The Student Room Group

Should I wax my armpits? Advice?? (male)

Hi,

I'm a 21 yr old guy. In the past I've shaved my arm pits a couple of times but let it grow back because it was incredibly itchy! Also when I've trimmed them they've felt the same way. I haven't done anything to them in the past couple of years now but I feel like there's a bit much, often when i wear anti-persperant the hair becomes sticky etc and it's just not nice.

Anyways, I was thinking of getting them waxed (at the salon, not at home). What are everybody’s experiences of this? I know it'll hurt but it will be worth it. Does it itch afterwards like shaving?

PS. I don’t sweat a lot or smell or anything, I just don’t like having the amount of pit hair that I’ve got. Often when wearing t-shirts from the likes of top man, which have really short sleeves you can see the hair nd it’s not nice. It’s getting on summer and I want to wear vests nd stuff without feeling so self-conscious.

Ta.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
waxing is good. it thins the hair out when it grows back so its itchy. it only hurts the first couple of times but afer a while you wont feel a thing other than a dull tug of the hairs being pulled out. waxing at home is much cheaper btw.
Reply 2
Original post by LizzayBT
waxing is good. it thins the hair out when it grows back so its itchy. it only hurts the first couple of times but afer a while you wont feel a thing other than a dull tug of the hairs being pulled out. waxing at home is much cheaper btw.

how long does it itch for? anything that can help relieve it? i could bear it after shaving :|
I'd say yes, smoother is better :smile: and would stop the build up of moisture.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
how long does it itch for? anything that can help relieve it? i could bear it after shaving :|

oops i meant to type out that its not itchy. or not as itchy as if you were to shave it.
Reply 5
Wax your armpits and wear a tank top. Bad boy!
Reply 6
Hi,

I'm a 21 yr old guy. In the past I've shaved my arm pits a couple of times but let it grow back because it was incredibly itchy! Also when I've trimmed them they've felt the same way. I haven't done anything to them in the past couple of years now but I feel like there's a bit much, often when i wear anti-persperant the hair becomes sticky etc and it's just not nice.

Anyways, I was thinking of getting them waxed (at the salon, not at home). What are everybody’s experiences of this? I know it'll hurt but it will be worth it. Does it itch afterwards like shaving?

PS. I don’t sweat a lot or smell or anything, I just don’t like having the amount of pit hair that I’ve got. Often when wearing t-shirts from the likes of top man, which have really short sleeves you can see the hair nd it’s not nice. It’s getting on summer and I want to wear vests nd stuff without feeling so self-conscious.

Ta.

shaving hair only makes it grow longer and fasterrr personally i think byos should not wax their armpits, its kinda sexy :P , but if you like to look nicer under there and be a little less self conscious, try clipping them or just cutting them with scissors or use a razor with a no 3 blade.

trust me, when you wear vest in the summer with your bald armpits showing, most girls are not going to be very impressed. :noway:
(edited 13 years ago)
Waxing your armpits is gay..
Reply 8
Ouchies
Reply 9
Dude what the...:erm:
If I saw a boy with waxed armpits I would stare.
Reply 11
just wax it then. although waxing your under arms hurts a bit & don't do it yourself :smile:
Reply 12
You gay brah?
Most salons offer free ballwaxing when you get your pits done, well worth it.
trim it, don't wax.
Reply 15
the ****? im 21 yr old guy and would never do this..

it protects your skin from when u sweat etc, stop being a *?**%* and let it grow
No, don't do it. That would make you a faggot.
Reply 17
Original post by BlackVenom321
trim it, don't wax.

I've just said, it's too itchy!

Original post by maton_91
You gay brah?

Bent as a nine bob note... not.

Original post by goddogit
shaving hair only makes it grow longer and fasterrr personally i think byos should not wax their armpits, its kinda sexy :P , but if you like to look nicer under there and be a little less self conscious, try clipping them or just cutting them with scissors or use a razor with a no 3 blade.

trust me, when you wear vest in the summer with your bald armpits showing, most girls are not going to be very impressed. :noway:

Again, trimming = itchy!!! Does the itching stop after your skin gets used to it or what?
Reply 18
I've just said, it's too itchy!

Bent as a nine bob note... not.

Again, trimming = itchy!!! Does the itching stop after your skin gets used to it or what?

trimming shouldnt be itchy. when i say trimming, i mean dont go all the way close to your skin, just get rid of the excess lenth if there is excess.

dont go all the way and wax, its not going to be pretty for you. girls like guys with a bit of hair you know. i dont mean like gorilla hairy, i mean the normal man amounts at the man places:tongue:
Reply 19
Original post by goddogit
trimming shouldnt be itchy. when i say trimming, i mean dont go all the way close to your skin, just get rid of the excess lenth if there is excess.

dont go all the way and wax, its not going to be pretty for you. girls like guys with a bit of hair you know. i dont mean like gorilla hairy, i mean the normal man amounts at the man places:tongue:

Yea it's all sweet elsewhere, but i think its cos i shaved once before it's got quite bushy now

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending