The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 960
I've recently heard my teacher say that there is no human biology in A2 for our exam board :mad:
Original post by oHellno
AQA is so awful. :mad2:

It is with Biology, although I do have to admit that it isn't so bad with Chemistry. Those are the only two subjects I do with AQA so can't really compare their awfulness to other subjects.
Reply 962
Original post by thegodofgod

Original post by thegodofgod
It is with Biology, although I do have to admit that it isn't so bad with Chemistry. Those are the only two subjects I do with AQA so can't really compare their awfulness to other subjects.

I'm with Edexcel for Chemistry and it's soso much better, it's actually science haha. But for GCSEs, AQA Chemistry was okay but Biology has just gotten worse since GCSE. The papers are actually ridiculous.
Original post by oHellno
AQA is so awful. :mad2:

I feel like you could just write 3 or 4 "buzzwords" for an AQA answer and get the marks. Of course, knowing what those words are is like predicting the lottery numbers.
And don't even get me started on 'How Science Works' -____-
Original post by navarre
That's why I'm so pleased I do Salters Chemistry- I couldn't stand doing another science (along with biology) with AQA.

Salters may be a hard course, but they ask you relevant chemical information, not How science works and application nonsense.

Same, I'm actually quite glad, saw a couple of past papers from exam boards... OCR Salters B is difficult though.
You lot must find it so difficult with exam boards :s-smilie: I couldn't cope with all that nonsense... Thank God for the SQA :wink:
Reply 966
Original post by liviaaa
You mean the BMAT?

Yes it's hard and takes a long time to prepare for. Takes up a lot of A level time.
Reply 967
Original post by Jabbo12
Yes it's hard and takes a long time to prepare for. Takes up a lot of A level time.

not always.
most people I know revised for it over summer and then just did a bit more at the end of october. It is hard and there's no way to know if it's going to go well before you apply for universities. that

It depends a lot on how individual people prepare for things, not everyone will have to work hard at it.
That said, the advice I was given both on here and by my teachers was to only apply to one BMAT med school because you don't know what you will get beforehand and if it doesn't go well then it's harder to get a place.
Chemistry: Edexcel
Physics: OCR (IOP)
Biology: OCR
Maths: OCR
Further Maths: OCR (MEI)
RE: AQA

Those are my exam boards :smile:
Anyone with the same?
Reply 969
Original post by VaVe
not always.
most people I know revised for it over summer and then just did a bit more at the end of october. It is hard and there's no way to know if it's going to go well before you apply for universities. that

It depends a lot on how individual people prepare for things, not everyone will have to work hard at it.
That said, the advice I was given both on here and by my teachers was to only apply to one BMAT med school because you don't know what you will get beforehand and if it doesn't go well then it's harder to get a place.

What did u get on the bmat?
Reply 970
Original post by Jabbo12
What did u get on the bmat?

5.8 6.2 3.5A
And it didn't interfere wit my a levels beyong i messed double physics to sit it.
Reply 971
Original post by VaVe
5.8 6.2 3.5A
And it didn't interfere wit my a levels beyong i messed double physics to sit it.

Good scores you'd have definitely gotten imperial and ucl. Cambridge give offers of A*AA dont they?
Reply 972
Original post by Jabbo12
Good scores you'd have definitely gotten imperial and ucl. Cambridge give offers of A*AA dont they?

Not nessesarily I would have been above the threshold that doesn't mean I would get a place. Though from what you were saying earlier in the thread I shouldn't have applied to any of them because BMAT is too hard.

Cambridge do give A*AA offers.
Reply 973
Original post by Jabbo12

I'm not sure if you know that most uni's want you to take the BMAT/UKCAT so I'm not just not going to apply because of them..

Besides I'll start revising after the AS exams over the summer - that way it won't effect my grades.
Reply 974
Original post by VaVe
Not nessesarily I would have been above the threshold that doesn't mean I would get a place. Though from what you were saying earlier in the thread I shouldn't have applied to any of them because BMAT is too hard.

Cambridge do give A*AA offers.

You already got a good score and know that you're clever anyway. You chose to take the risk, and that's fine. And I'm not saying that because the BMAT is too hard, don't take it. I said that it is simply a risk and be aware that the test is not easy. You're insinuating that I have a snake-like agenda to stop people applying there. You should learn some social skills in the sense that if somebody offers you a compliment,

JUST SAY THANK YOU!!!
Reply 975
Original post by liviaaa
I'm not sure if you know that most uni's want you to take the BMAT/UKCAT so I'm not just not going to apply because of them..

Besides I'll start revising after the AS exams over the summer - that way it won't effect my grades.

You say that you will but you're gonna have ukcat in the summer and school soon afterwards. You're also gonna want to relax in summer holidays.
Reply 976
Jw, does anyone know what raw mark you had to get in the Unit 1 Jan 2011 Chemistry paper (edexcel) to get full ums?
Original post by oHellno
Jw, does anyone know what raw mark you had to get in the Unit 1 Jan 2011 Chemistry paper (edexcel) to get full ums?

One more than you got.

And www.govisitthedexcelwebsiteyounoob.com
Reply 978
Original post by Jabbo12
You say that you will but you're gonna have ukcat in the summer and school soon afterwards. You're also gonna want to relax in summer holidays.

Maybe.. but after 8 weeks of nothing I'd be pretty bored, haha.
Had chemistry and biology ISA resits today. I got As in both originally but apparently, overall, my year did so badly with coursework this time around that they made the resits compulsory :frown:
(edited 13 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending