The Student Room Group

Women are now going for effeminate men.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
I was wondering about this:

Is a guy who is really into cooking seen as effeminate or is that trait not associated with culinary skills?
I'm a guy who loves cooking. I don't make soups and salads, mostly things with lots of meat and nutritional value and occasionally some pastries or something sweeter. But mostly just meat.
Reply 141
Original post by rhinger
Hah please. I'm not getting over anything, I get plenty of women already because I'm as masculine as can be. It just pisses me off that some women actually find skinny jeans and all that feminine **** attractive.

yeah right

and that's why you complained in the 1st place and why you pretend to be a woman.

if you don't like HK F off out of there you hypocrite.
This is something that I've noticed as well!

Since the Indie trends came out (i'm NOT saying there's anything wrong with it!) and blokes often go for skinny jeans look, women have seemed to change their taste and no longer go for the masculine manly look. Its very odd.

I suppose its like a fashion though, it will die out eventually and a new phase will come in. Maybe we'll become obsessed with goths? :tongue:
Original post by Ministerdonut
The clue is in the place 'hong kong', girly men have always been in with the oriental types. It's no secret that the most female like ladyboys are orientals.Oriental guys are never percieved as masculine in the same way white men are let alone Black men. This fashion has penetrated Japan ,if I was japanese I would probably do the sword thing to the stomach if I looked at what passes for manhood these days.Just think of their samurai traditions of the past. look what passes for men now, in these places, bunch of shemales.

So it's a cultural thing which I would have thought would have no relevance over here.

Seppuku.

Is it really sad that I know that?

OKAY I SHALL NOW LEAVE :getmecoat:
Reply 144

Original post by Txi
yeah right

and that's why you complained in the 1st place and why you pretend to be a woman.

if you don't like HK F off out of there you hypocrite.

Dude, I love Hong Kong, stfu.

Just because I despise the fashion sense doesn't make a hater.

now don't moan like a little bitch

Original post by barrister_2000
Can guys not like tomboys? :confused:

You can, but who'd you fancy more? A feminine girl ("cute") or a masculine girl?

Original post by Jacktri
Why would a guy need to use straighteners just use gel or a comb, if a guy needs straighteners they either have genetically inferior curly hair or have it too long.

I have curly hair and girls love it.

u mad

brah
(edited 13 years ago)
i must admit, i like all kind of guys. i am a white 19 year old girl, and lets just say my atractions are not racially limited. i like manly men who are kind and gentle. but i also like cute/sweet guys i don't know if that is effeminate, but definitely no metro-sexuals. i need the bathroom too for my make-up thank-you very much.
Original post by adam_zed
haha dang you out got me man :wink:

whats with the dwayne bit tho?

Red Dwarf.

Google Dwayne Dibley.
Reply 147
Original post by .Ali.
What's wrong with curly hair? It's just if he likes it straight he can have it straight. And guys with longer hair look better.

Curly hair looks worst than straight hair that is its only flaw.
Reply 148
Original post by Jacktri
Curly hair looks worst than straight hair that is its only flaw.

Not on everyone.
Original post by HARRY PUTAH
Red Dwarf.

Google Dwayne Dibley.

uncanny resemblance. trust.
Reply 150
Original post by rhinger
Dude, I love Hong Kong, stfu.

Just because I despise the fashion sense doesn't make a hater.

now don't moan like a little bitch

Oh you moan like a little bitch ? OK good luck I guess.

Face it, You are ugly that's why HK girls don't like.

Don't give us this effem bullcrap.

get plastic surgery.

HAHAHA , "expat" my ass.

go home coward
Original post by rhinger

Skinny jeans Yes
long hair with fringes Yes
nose piercings No
skinny arms No

More to the point, how are these feminine traits? :curious:
And what am I supposed to be attracted to instead? A beer-swilling skin-head? No thanks.

People dress and and act differently to you and have different views on what is attractive, deal with it.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Mm_Minty
And what am I supposed to be attracted to instead? A beer-swilling skin-head? No thanks.

People dress and and act differently to you and have different views on what is attractive, deal with it.

Erm, nature would disagree with you on that on.
People have preferences, but everyone will want the same thing in their partner as those things will be traits of good health, good genes, and a good genetic match.
Such an example would be a guy who is in shape rather then being fat, or a guy with bigger arms compared to skinny arms.
To not like these traits shows the person to have issues and have selected the person for strange reasons such as being insecure with their own image as they are trying to get a partner who is less healthy (healthy = attractive ).
Original post by Jimbo1234
Erm, nature would disagree with you on that on.
People have preferences, but everyone will want the same thing in their partner as those things will be traits of good health, good genes, and a good genetic match.
Such an example would be a guy who is in shape rather then being fat, or a guy with bigger arms compared to skinny arms.
To not like these traits shows the person to have issues and have selected the person for strange reasons such as being insecure with their own image as they are trying to get a partner who is less healthy (healthy = attractive ).

Yes, because everyone attracted to someone chubby/fat/not muscly etc has been unnaturally modified to do so :rolleyes:

Even in nature, whilst there is a common trend, not everything will behave in the same way. Whether or not you think that is an anomaly or that it will lead to the soiling of the gene pool, people are still attracted to different things.

If you want to believe that's because they are insecure or unattractive themselves then that's up to you, I'm not going to argue with you otherwise although certainly not because I agree with you.
Original post by rhinger
I live in Hong Kong, and **** me, there are way, way, way too many effeminate men.

What's shocking? Some women are actually going for these "men". Skinny jeans, long hair with fringes, nose piercings, skinny arms, you name any feminine characteristics, and BOOM these men have 'em.

Now, I'm not saying women aren't attracted to masculine/alpha males who go to the gym (and work out with weights, not going on the cycling machine reading a magazine and at a speed of about 2 km/h), obviously not.

But why on earth would a woman want to be courted by a "man" who is almost no less womanly?

I think i'm in love with you....

Besides that, yeah, I agree with you 100%. Genetically Men are supposed to be physically superior, whereas Women are Intellectually superior (don't neg me, these are genetics).
Yes, because everyone attracted to someone chubby/fat/not muscly etc has been unnaturally modified to do so :rolleyes:

Even in nature, whilst there is a common trend, not everything will behave in the same way. Whether or not you think that is an anomaly or that it will lead to the soiling of the gene pool, people are still attracted to different things.

If you want to believe that's because they are insecure or unattractive themselves then that's up to you, I'm not going to argue with you otherwise although certainly not because I agree with you.

Not unnaturally, but socially modified.
If you think otherwise then you are simply wrong or must be sitting on ground breaking evidence which you really should write a paper on. :rolleyes:
Remember, opinion is not fact.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 156

What are you talking about? Clearly a good society is one in which everyone follows a specific idea of gender and does not differentiate in anyway whatsoever. A man? Like pink? OMG YOU NANCY BOY. Girl? Want to be a mechanic? LOL LESBIAN. See how happier everyone is keeping their real likes and dislikes oppressively locked away? Traditional ways are always right, tradition has never never been negative. Nuh uh. Also, nature, because we have not nor will we ever evolve.
Skinny jeans have a long pedigree of being worn by men - sexy men, I might add (and I like 'em quite manly).

There was also that 90s trend of women wearing baggy jeans.

Basically if your masculinity/femininity criteria include a set jeans style you should probably, I dunno... grow up a bit.
Original post by Jimbo1234
Not unnaturally, but socially modified.
If you think otherwise then you are simply wrong or must be sitting on ground breaking evidence which you really should write a paper on. :rolleyes:
Remember, opinion is not fact.

Yes, because adapting because of the social group you are in is a totally unnatural thing to do.
I think you need to heed your own advice.

Original post by Sorani
What are you talking about? Clearly a good society is one in which everyone follows a specific idea of gender and does not differentiate in anyway whatsoever. A man? Like pink? OMG YOU NANCY BOY. Girl? Want to be a mechanic? LOL LESBIAN. See how happier everyone is keeping their real likes and dislikes oppressively locked away? Traditional ways are always right, tradition has never never been negative. Nuh uh. Also, nature, because we have not nor will we ever evolve.

I don't think it's me you need to say this to, hun :wink:
Yes, because adapting because of the social group you are in is a totally unnatural thing to do.
I think you need to heed your own advice.

But you can still get guys who are in shape ergo you would not adapt because it is not the case that everyone has gone fat............
All that has happened is peoples standards have slipped because they are too lazy to get in shape for someone who is also in good shape and healthy.:rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending