The Student Room Group

JP morgan Schools Programme 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheCrackFox
I've applied for the August 17th one. Who else has gone for that? And does anyone know if our travel costs are reimbursed? I've gotten used to the idea of getting paid to go after the insight days at E&Y and Deloitte. :wink:

There is NO way they're gonna do that. lol

Although I wouldn't complain if they did, you know. I'm applying despite I live in Spain.
Reply 21
They don't reimburse, it clearly states on their website that students must organise their own travel and accommodation. I wonder if any one has emailed Deloitte about the insight day? Because I emailed about a week ago and haven't heard anything back...
Original post by Victor-PP
There is NO way they're gonna do that. lol

Although I wouldn't complain if they did, you know. I'm applying despite I live in Spain.

i live in hong kong
mines is worse...
Reply 23
Original post by white_dragon337
i live in hong kong
mines is worse...

Please don't tell me you want to come all the way from Hong Kong just for this programme :confused:
i live in hong kong
mines is worse...

that is commitment if you are coming all the way down from HK............
i live in hong kong
mines is worse...

WHAT? Are you kidding? Seriously, it's not worth it.

Btw, I loved HK. I went a couple of years ago. :biggrin:
does anyone know roughly when we hear back from JP??????
Reply 27
I have a question...do we include a paragraph in our CV as well as the cover letter, and should they talk about different things? I would really appreciate if anybody could answer, thank you :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by smhus17
I have a question...do we include a paragraph in our CV as well as the cover letter, and should they talk about different things? I would really appreciate if anybody could answer, thank you :smile:

I'd also like to know this. However, I don't think it'll make much difference.
Reply 29
I'd also like to know this. However, I don't think it'll make much difference.

They asked exactly the same things so just put what you had in your CV into that box instead :smile: They definitely don't want you two write the same thing twice but rephrased
Original post by teshnit
I cant find it either :/

Out of interest why did you choose Reading over your other three choices?
WHAT? Are you kidding? Seriously, it's not worth it.

Btw, I loved HK. I went a couple of years ago. :biggrin:

I know it might not be worth it
but thats the only thing that has slight use for my personal statement..
by the way, can you apply for both dates?
Reply 33
Original post by kbountra
Out of interest why did you choose Reading over your other three choices?

The course sounds amazing and perfect for me :smile: Right combination of economics, finance and quite a few dedicated investment banking modules. Plus the ICMA/Henley business school facilities for F&IB are insanely amazing, they have the biggest and most investment/trading terminals that any non-investment banking institution
Original post by teshnit
The course sounds amazing and perfect for me :smile: Right combination of economics, finance and quite a few dedicated investment banking modules. Plus the ICMA/Henley business school facilities for F&IB are insanely amazing, they have the biggest and most investment/trading terminals that any non-investment banking institution

Teshnit, I don't do Maths at AS level, so would it be pointless even applying for this course at Reading? the course sounds fantastic!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 35
Original post by CityTrader
Teshnit, Does this course require Maths at a - level?

http://www.reading.ac.uk/Study/ug/FinanceandInvestmentBankingBSc.aspx
http://www.icmacentre.ac.uk

Entry Requirements
UCAS Tariff: A total of 340 points from three A levels. 360 points from three A levels plus one AS level. Total points exclude Key Skills and General Studies. Subjects: Mathematics at AS level ( at least grade B)
GCSE: English amd Mathematics grade B or above
sorry I edited my comment....
Reply 37
Original post by CityTrader
sorry I edited my comment....

Do the maths exams by yourself during A2 Jan and learn most of it during summer, AS maths is pretty simple, and you need to be hot on your numbers anyway if you want to be doing a financial job anyway so as maths shouldnt be too hard, only need a B anyway to pass the requirement
Original post by teshnit
Do the maths exams by yourself during A2 Jan and learn most of it during summer, AS maths is pretty simple, and you need to be hot on your numbers anyway if you want to be doing a financial job anyway so as maths shouldnt be too hard, only need a B anyway to pass the requirement

Yer you are right! i think this what i'm going to have to do..cheers :-)
Original post by teshnit

I've just googled it and would agree that the ICMA centre is pretty impressive. I haven't seen any university with that kind of a facility which is a big plus point. Also a £2000 incentive to get AAA sounds good to me so get those grades!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending