The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by T.Adams VI
I think we should sign an experienced keeper, so Scezny can learn in training. The likes of Casillas/Neuer/Adler/Lloris all had experienced GKs around them when they burst on the scene. It's scary to think Scezny has Almunia as his role model.

£3-5m on a 33-36 year old should do. It will also provide competition for Scezny, allowing no room for complacency. I also don't feel Fabianski is a good enough 3rd choice. The money we get from Almunia, should fund the deal. :yy:

Before Fabianski's injury, he was playing very well at the start of the season. He's not good enough for 3rd choice? I'm happy with him as 2nd EASILY.

Money from Almunia's sale :redface:
Original post by Psychotic546
Before Fabianski's injury, he was playing very well at the start of the season. He's not good enough for 3rd choice? I'm happy with him as 2nd EASILY.

sorry i meant 2nd choice.

What about all the flapping he did before that run? We just gonna ignore it like it never happened? This aint a computer game, you can't just press reset when you like.

I've seen enough of Fabianski to confidently say he is not good enough for Arsenal.

And yes we can easily get £3m for Almunia.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 8102
Arsenal forever!!
Next season better watch out!
Reply 8103
Original post by Psychotic546

I agree its time for Almunia to say bye.
He just lacks confidence.
Too much wish washy business..
Although i am sure its not easy:smile:
Reply 8104
According to arseblog Clichy walked out of contract talks :lolwut:
Quite surprised by that.
Original post by T.Adams VI
sorry i meant 2nd choice.

What about all the flapping he did before that run? We just gonna ignore it like it never happened? This aint a computer game, you can't just press reset when you like.

I've seen enough of Fabianski to confidently say he is not good enough for Arsenal.

And yes we can easily get £3m for Almunia.

He was still young when that happened, ok you can't just pretend it didn't happen, but how many mistakes did he make in that period he played this season? If it was just a few games he played well in, fair enough maybe replace him but it wasn't so I think he deserves to stay.

So now we can go and win the...oh wait.
Reply 8108
The PL is beyond us, honestly think we can't win it.
Original post by Nasri08
According to arseblog Clichy walked out of contract talks :lolwut:
Quite surprised by that.

good riddens tbh what good as he been too us in the past 2 years or so although adding increasingly big problems at the back

he can do one
Reply 8110
Original post by Sunnytomo
good riddens tbh what good as he been too us in the past 2 years or so although adding increasingly big problems at the back

he can do one

He's a decent left back, not many of them around who are available.
Original post by Nasri08
He's a decent left back, not many of them around who are available.

Let me rephrase that 'He Was'

Clichy just hasn't developed like he should have, I remember being impressed when he covered for Cole when he was younger, he's not really kicked on and become as good as he should be though (maybe a lack of competition)

I like the guy but it might be time for a change, time to find someone who maybe can cross and maybe doesn't make those retarded errors.

Wenger has always liked the attacking full back, thing is though if they can't cross it defeats the object of having one..

Prefer Gibbs though. He seems more natural in that position. Clichy has always been a "forced" fullback.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 8112
Original post by Sunnytomo
Let me rephrase that 'Was'

Clichy just hasn't developed like he should have, I remember being impressed when he covered for Cole when he was younger, he's not really kicked on and become as good as he should be though (maybe a lack of competition)

I like the guy but it might be time for a change, time to find someone who maybe can cross and maybe doesn't make those retarded errors.

Wenger has always liked the attacking full back, thing is though if they can't cross it defeats the object of having one..

Prefer Gibbs though. He seems more natural in that position. Clichy has always been a "forced" fullback.

It doesn't bother me that much, Sagna can't cross well either but I don't want him to leave. Also think that Clichy has improved this season. But if he wants to go might aswell get some money for him as he only has a year left on his contract.
Original post by Nasri08
It doesn't bother me that much, Sagna can't cross well either but I don't want him to leave. Also think that Clichy has improved this season. But if he wants to go might aswell get some money for him as he only has a year left on his contract.

It's already started :smile:

'Bayern Munich are the latest club to join the race for Arsenal defender Gael Clichy.

The France international's contract expires in June 2012 and reports have recently linked him with a move away from the club.

Juventus are understood to be tracking the defender and could be ready to launch a bid in the summer.

But sources in Germany have revealed that Munich have targeted Clichy as the man to fill their troublesome left-back position.

Everton's Leighton Baines and Newcastle's Jose Enrique have also been suggested for the void, which the Bundesliga club are desperate to fill.

But it is believed that Bayern have placed Clichy at the top of their summer wish-list and will test Arsenal's resolve with a £7m bid when the season ends.'
http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/thiago-may-convince-barcelona-drop-bid-arsenal-star-cesc-1551001

Thiago looks very, very promising. A mix of Xavi and Iniesta people are saying, and if this is true he will be a footballing legend. Why pay £50 million for Fabregas when they already have him?
(edited 13 years ago)
Baines in, Clichy out then? I don't think Gibbs is good enough to be first choice for a whole season atm.

I don't think the defence needs too much to be bought in - Verm-Djourou would be an awesome partnership, Kos is very good backup. Maybe we need to buy one backup but not big money.
(edited 13 years ago)
I told people about this weeks back and everyone ignored me :frown:
Reply 8117
Original post by Nasri08
Sagna can't cross well either...

What!
Is Verm gonna be back before the apocalypse?
Reply 8119
:moon:

Latest