The Student Room Group

Never had a girlfriend and just cant seem to get one? Advice?

Well as the title says I've never had a serious relationship...

I've been told by many people including friends and at times the odd passer by that im quite a handsome, good looking lad, I play guitar and bass, outgoing and at times can be flirty (when drunk anyway)...

but what I seem to find is, that all the girls who fancy me (ive had plenty of offers) I just dont find attractive (in other words most are not that great looking - Yes i'm shallow like that), and I seem to go for the more attractive girls (personality is not always bad, but most of the time it is =/), however, they just seem to go for the born again hard, muscular guys from my colleges sports acedmy (yes I'm not very muscular and can't kick a football round a field all day with a bit of style, hence not alot of attention), so its kind of a vicious circle...

I dress reasonably well (leather jacket and jeans in winter, t-shirt and shorts in summer), and have good hygeine, play guitar alright, so i'm kinda out of ideas??

So, yeah, any advice on what else to do??
So girls like you, but you ignore them in favour of more attractive girls who aren't interested?

Lower your standards before you die alone.

Sorted :smile:
Why do you need a girlfriend?
If you ask every single girl that you find attractive, someone will say yes. :yes:
Reply 4
Dont rush.....and dont be shy when the moment arrives.....it does for everyone.....just wait for it & BE OPEN FOR IT!
Reply 5
So girls like you, but you ignore them in favour of more attractive girls who aren't interested?

Sorted

I do admit I have a standards problem, I cant help it :confused: :rolleyes:

Why do you need a girlfriend?

I dont "need" one i'm just getting annoyed about the "vicious circle" i mentioned.

If you ask every single girl that you find attractive, someone will say yes. :yes:

All taken :wink: :biggrin:
Reply 6

There's your answer.
I find that girls tend to come along when you are least expecting them too.

Maybe when you stop being so interested in getting one and just start generally having fun you will find a gf.
Reply 8
Original post by Great.Gatsby
I find that girls tend to come along when you are least expecting them too.

Maybe when you stop being so interested in getting one and just start generally having fun you will find a gf.

Thats the problem I have my eye on 2 in the year below me (im year 12) purely based on looks obviosly (we all know the saying looks captures the eyes etc), so im not in any position to make a move, without coming across as creepy, and unless I can sort of "not have my eye on them" everyone else dont really have much chance :P
Reply 9
Original post by fxx

there's your answer.

news flash
Original post by History-Student

Sorted :smile:

Sorted!
Reply 11
Women: Single, Sane, Sexy, Smart. Pick any 3.

So, go for stupid girls, insane girls, or girls in a relationship.
I'm like you, I always like guys that are too attractive for me :frown:
But eventually you will find someone... If I managed to, anyone can!
Just don't give up and she'll come along when you least expect it.
I'm in the same situation as you (but I play piano instead) lol.
Reply 14
Original post by FXX

There's your answer.

Legend :rofl:
Reply 15
Original post by FXX

There's your answer.

Very Good :biggrin:
you're in year 12? so you're 16/17? FFS stop worrying...you're still young. why the rush?

And maybe your problem is that you want what you can;t have...any girl who likes you you're unattracted to

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending