The Student Room Group

Exeter VS Royal holloway VS Aston

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by GodspeedGehenna
Lmao. What city is that, then?

If you don't know then you really should not partake innthis thread :wink:

And I know I know holloway has to compete with many other London unis whereas Exeter doesn't, but I was just trying to emphasise my point. Exeter is a better uni than the other two. That's all I'm trying to say, but I'm getting attacked for it.
Original post by Thomas...
If you don't know then you really should not partake innthis thread :wink:

I'm asking you, mate. What unis in the 'same city' are you comparing it to?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 22
I'm asking you, mate. What unis in the 'same city' are you comparing it to?

London. Sorry i thought you knew ha. thats why I was apologising in the last post for comparing it to the whole of London.
London. Sorry i thought you knew ha. thats why I was apologising in the last post for comparing it to the whole of London.

Rhul isn't in London. For that reason you may as well be comparing Exeter to the London unis and arrive at the same conclusion.
Also, sorry to tell you, I'm not a Student and the University of Exeter. I am merley trying to provide some sane advice to the OP. :wink:

This explains a lot:

Hey all. I've firmed Exeter for law, and just want to know what is it like to be a student there?
I loved the campus and the feel of it, type of people etc..
What are the socials like and how lively is Exeter itself?

This is s thread for current and prospective students for 2011, what does everyone think? :biggrin:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=30714969&highlight=

:facepalm::hahaha:
Reply 25

Not a student. . .yet :colondollar:
You caught me! You're not allowed to do that.
(edited 13 years ago)
Not a student. . .yet :colondollar:
You caught me! Your not allowed to do that.

:facepalm:

Schoolkids.
Reply 27
Rhul isn't in London. For that reason you may as well be comparing Exeter to the London unis and arrive at the same conclusion.

It is in London. :facepalm:
The UL in the abbreviation RHUL stands for University of London. They are in Egham, or near there, in West London.
Reply 28
:facepalm:

Schoolkids.

Ha :rolleyes:
Where are you at Uni, what course? Out of interest.
It is in London. :facepalm:
The UL in the abbreviation RHUL stands for University of London. They are in Egham, or near there, in West London.

.... Look again, genius.

PROTIP: I go to Rhul. I'm not in London.
Reply 30
.... Look again, genius.

PROTIP: I go to Rhul. I'm not in London.

I have looked several times. It is in London. Take it you're not doing Geography as your degree?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 31
I'm pretty sure RHUL is a uni of london based in Egham which i think is in Surrey. is that true?
I have looked several times. It is in London. Take it you're not doing Geography as your degree?

It's in Surrey. I am not in London.

I can't believe you're arguing with somebody who goes to Royal Holloway about where Royal Holloway is. :rolleyes:

Yes, it is part of the UoL but geographically it's 20 miles outside of London in a small village.
Reply 34
Original post by Chucklefiend
I can't believe you're arguing with somebody who goes to Royal Holloway about where Royal Holloway is. :rolleyes:

Yes, it is part of the UoL but geographically it's 20 miles outside of London in a small village.

It is within the conerbation of London.

:facepalm: Give it up, mate.
Reply 36
:facepalm: Give it up, mate.

Ha ok. I find it hard to give up though. It is a disease!
I was just always told that RHUL is a University in London, by teachers, students and the like....
I apologise.
Reply 37
First off, the Times is more reputable than the Independent, certainly in Uni League Tables. Second off, in any league table you look at, even the god awful ones, you will find Exeter at least 15/20 places above the other two, and rarley out of the top 15.
Thirdly Exeter is the best university in the South West/South West Peninsula (depends how you define southwest) whereas Aston and Holloway aren't even top in their own city! They are both on par with former polys. Exeter is rapidly gaining places in the League Tables, and prestige around the world.

Also, sorry to tell you, I'm not a Student and the University of Exeter. I am merley trying to provide some sane advice to the OP. :wink:

Grow up, universities reputation and goodness is not reflected by the league tables - even if you take league tables into account takes an average of places from the last 10 years and do the same with RHUL and youll fine that RHUL is above exeter - but regardless this is insignificant

I went there once. It is in Egham.

Search on Google where Egham is, you will find that it is in Surrey.

PS* I did Geography GCSE and A-level, not a degree. :smile:
Reply 39
Original post by street.lovin'
I went there once. It is in Egham.

Search on Google where Egham is, you will find that it is in Surrey.

PS* I did Geography GCSE and A-level, not a degree. :smile:

I know, I know ha, I was pissing in the wind. :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending