The Student Room Group

Got a perfect new boyfriend, but can't foget a douchebag..

Deleted my post because I have now come to a conclusion (thanks for the help)
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Classic bout of nice guys always finish last *sigh*. See how it goes with the new guy, if you feel he's "too nice" then tell him to man the **** up. Forget the douchebag, trust me, people, although they promise, never change. And if i were you, cut contact with the old guy.
You're calling him a douchebag! Why would you ever want a douchebag over someone who is good for you!? Go put some effort into your relationship rather than wasting time on someone that you'll probably only be interested in for the chase?
Reply 3
Original post by B-Man.
People tell me that I'm a douchebag all the time, am I what you are looking for?

I reckon you're in there mate, all you'd need to do is promise her you'll change and tell her hows she's different to any other girl you've ever met.
Reply 4
It's because I know he's a douchebag, but I still like him, hahaha. Silly I know.
And he never promised to change!
Pixie lott has good legs
Reply 6
Erm the bit in red doesm't mention the problem, just asks what you should do about it...
*sigh* Girls like this are normally beyond help :sigh: What is it you actually want us to say?
Reply 8
Original post by shorty.loves.angels
You're calling him a douchebag! Why would you ever want a douchebag over someone who is good for you!? Go put some effort into your relationship rather than wasting time on someone that you'll probably only be interested in for the chase?

Thats exactly the question. Girls confuse me :s-smilie:
No matter what promises this douchebag has made/will make don't fall for them, he's lying and he'll never change. When you think of all the good memories and all those feelings re-surface, think of all the bad times you had with him and remember how he ****ed about with you.

Even though your best friend is now your bf and he's really clingy, he sounds like a typical nice guy, I urge you to stick with him, communication is the key to a successful relationship; if he gets too much then tell him, be honest.

Just please please please don't go back to a douchebag. He will make your life a misery if you get back with him. Even your friend said he was a dick. He has slept with loads of girls, he's a player and god knows what kind of STDs he could have.

Play with fire and you're gonna get burnt.
Reply 10
It's simple, really: #1 can't be the perfect boyfriend (for you) if you're not into him and #2 isn't any more boyfriend material than #1 if you consider him a douchebag.
Reply 11
I do find it amusing how being deliberately hurtful in a relationship makes you more attractive. My natural nature is to be nice, but nice is boring and annoys girls. I always make sure to not return her calls on time, to let her catch me checking out other women, make crude comments about her. It feels wrong, but it works so well.

Boyfriend 2 is an alpha, who is swapped around women for good sex. You will always remember him doing you but there is zero chance he will stay with you. He will move on from woman to woman, and if you be with him this will probably enhance your desire for him because he is a scarce commodity, and he's exciting. He has seduced many a woman so he knows what buttons to press on you.

Boyfriend 1 is a beta, who cares about you. He will love you and do nice things for you. But, because he cares about your feeling he's no challenge. You don't have to chase him. Thus he is far less attractive.
Reply 12
ah yeah, that rings a bell
Reply 13
Original post by Nepene
I do find it amusing how being deliberately hurtful in a relationship makes you more attractive. My natural nature is to be nice, but nice is boring and annoys girls. I always make sure to not return her calls on time, to let her catch me checking out other women, make crude comments about her. It feels wrong, but it works so well.

You can try not being clingy and being a proper man instead of a jerk.

Original post by Nepene
Boyfriend 2 is an alpha, who is swapped around women for good sex.

And you know he gets so much because...?

Original post by Nepene
Boyfriend 1 is a beta, who cares about you. He will love you and do nice things for you. But, because he cares about your feeling he's no challenge. You don't have to chase him. Thus he is far less attractive.

You're confusing a man who cares with a man who is clingy and boring. They're not always mutually inclusive. I won't deny there is a pattern but it's not a law. You're not helping the woman at all, it's hard enough to find a decent bloke without you vouching for the ********s.
Original post by shorty.loves.angels

Because girls are ****ing stupid like that
Reply 15
Original post by Frankio
You can try not being clingy and being a proper man instead of a jerk.

I like how your advice is utterly useless.

And you know he gets so much because...?

Because it's probably true, and it helps people avoid such men if they know that they he's probably not even going to remember your name.

You're confusing a man who cares with a man who is clingy and boring. They're not always mutually inclusive. I won't deny there is a pattern but it's not a law. You're not helping the woman at all, it's hard enough to find a decent bloke without you vouching for the ********s.

She already wants his peen. I'm just stating the obvious. What'll probably happen is that she'll stay with her boyfriend but cheat on him with the other guy.
Darh Vader has noticed that your location says Hampshire. Darth Vader is also in Hampshire.

Would you like to mee the biggest douchebag in the galaxy?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 17
choose the douchebag. life is too short to not have fun...
My hope in humanity is slowing dwindling...
So your boyfriend isn't actually perfect then? I am sooo confused.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending