The Student Room Group

Graduate Jobs from Oxford History Degree

Hi,

I'm going to Oxford in 2011 to read History. I would like to know, not that I don't have a genuine interest in the subject, what would be the best way to use the degree (assuming I was to have a 2:1 or a 1st) to earn as much money as possible.

I have no preference for any specific area of business, so if someone could just outline the various routes into particular roles, be it law, banking, advertising etc., and how lucrative each one could be, that would be great.

N.B. I am aware how avaricious what I just said sounded - I don't mean to be. I just want to know which would be the most profitable career path financially, and how I would enter it. Also, is what I study during my degree, for example if it has an economic focus, potentially beneficial for employment?

Thanks.
I second this question! From what I've heard, it's important to do internships during the summer holidays -e.g. for investment banking, you do an 8 or 10 week internship in your 2nd year, and if you are good they offer you a job, so you finish your degree with a job waiting for you :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by hiphiphooray
I second this question! From what I've heard, it's important to do internships during the summer holidays -e.g. for investment banking, you do an 8 or 10 week internship in your 2nd year, and if you are good they offer you a job, so you finish your degree with a job waiting for you :smile:

I have heard that too, but I was really hoping for a more comprehensive reply from someone!?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending