The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7380
Original post by spacepirate-James

Original post by spacepirate-James
Corrected.

EDIT: Damn you asterisk!

:dice: Is that what you are going for :teehee:

Edit: Have they removed the :dice: emoticon that looked like masturbating :colonhash:

Edit 2: No, I just have a really slow internet connection :facepalm2:
Original post by Aula
Better looking.

(I think he's just about a better doctor too, but quite happily admit that's highly subjective, and agree it's difficult to compare them)

I guess good looks depends on your preferences as well. Personally, Tennant's hair does it for me, plus he's taller than Matt.

Original post by JWH
Nope but no memory of making that last comment (which has kindly helped me figure out what time I got in) and I've accidentally slept through my lecture

Glad to be of help! Hope it wasn't an important lecture.

Original post by Yoghurt
I plan to. I got a bunch of them on my Kindle, just got to get through the backlog of other books I wanna read first :smile:

I envy your Kindle. I'm desperate for one!

I know this might sound like a stupid question - but once you've bought the Kindle itself, do you have to pay a monthly fee to connect to the internet or whatnot?

Original post by lukejoshjedi
I'd really like Dr Who to start earlier... maybe even in March, we wait almost a full year from season finale to season premiere. thank god for the Christmas special :biggrin:

but it's looking goood

The wait's always worthwhile though. :tongue:

Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Episode titles

Episode 1 The Impossible Astronaut
Episode 2 Day of the Moon
Episode 3 The Curse of the Black Spot
Episode 4 The Doctor’s Wife
Episode 5 The Rebel Flesh
Episode 6 The Almost People
Episode 7 - A Good Man goes to War :holmes:

Oh help, lots of intriguing titles!

"The Doctor's Wife" - that seems far too obvious to be River, don't you think? After all this speculation about who she is, it would seem a bit silly to give it away in the title of the episode. >_>

I hope I'm right otherwise I'm going to be desperately disappointed with the writers' imagination.

Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Episode 7 - A Good Man goes to War :holmes:

So, that's where River's going to kill someone, I guess. And the cliffhanger will probably be that we don't know who's killed... possibly. Although that might leave it far too easy to guess because it can't be the Doctor. Well, at least I don't think it can be. :confused:

I need to stop reading this thread, I'm going to ruin it for myself. :frown:

I just read this:

Spoiler

Excuse my exictement but HOW COOL IS THAT GOING TO BE?!
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Rascacielos
I just read this:

Spoiler

Excuse my exictedment but HOW COOL IS THAT GOING TO BE?!

I'm guessing you don't know about the multi-quite function?
Reply 7383

I envy your Kindle. I'm desperate for one!

I know this might sound like a stupid question - but once you've bought the Kindle itself, do you have to pay a monthly fee to connect to the internet or whatnot?

No, you either buy wi-fi only and then connect through wi-fi only, or you get the 3G and then Amazon pay the connection fees.
The kindle is crap for actual internet though, you can only really use it to download books.

I guess good looks depends on your preferences as well. Personally, Tennant's hair does it for me, plus he's taller than Matt.

Well yeah, but everyone knows that's subjective :p:
Nah, Tennant's hair puts me off a bit actually. Matt's floppy hair :coma:
Anyway, I'm so small that all guys are taller than me :ninjagirl:
Original post by Aula
No, you either buy wi-fi only and then connect through wi-fi only, or you get the 3G and then Amazon pay the connection fees.
The kindle is crap for actual internet though, you can only really use it to download books.

So what's the point of getting Wi-Fi only if you can get 3G + Wifi and you don't have to pay a monthly charge? Or is WiFi only cheaper?

And yes, I understand that the internet is a bit crap but I know you need it to download the books that's all. I have my phone/laptop for internet. :smile:

Oh God, I'm so un-technological, sorry!!

Original post by Aula
Well yeah, but everyone knows that's subjective :p:
Nah, Tennant's hair puts me off a bit actually. Matt's floppy hair :coma:
Anyway, I'm so small that all guys are taller than me :ninjagirl:

Aha, I'm so tall that most guys (including Matt Smith) are shorter than me! I think it's just DT's brooding character that gets me though. All for the sultry guy. :wink:

To be honest, both are pretty hot. I wouldn't mind having either of them!
Original post by sleekchic
I'm guessing you don't know about the multi-quite function?

Ah, I was hoping someone wouldn't pick up on that. Yes, I do. Just got a bit carried away. :tongue:

Plus for the last one, there wasn't anyone to quote really. :colone:
Reply 7386

So what's the point of getting Wi-Fi only if you can get 3G + Wifi and you don't have to pay a monthly charge? Or is WiFi only cheaper?

And yes, I understand that the internet is a bit crap but I know you need it to download the books that's all. I have my phone/laptop for internet. :smile:

Oh God, I'm so un-technological, sorry!!

Yeah, wi-fi is about £50 cheaper (and what I have, though I sometimes wish I had 3G, but that's just 'cause I'm lazy and don't want to have to walk down the corridor to the library to get on the internet for it)

No worries :yy:

To be honest, both are pretty hot. I wouldn't mind having either of them!

Quite happily agree with you there.
Reply 7387
I just want to say, thank God for this thread. :adore:
Original post by Aula
Yeah, wi-fi is about £50 cheaper (and what I have, though I sometimes wish I had 3G, but that's just 'cause I'm lazy and don't want to have to walk down the corridor to the library to get on the internet for it)

Thanks for that! I might have to get one.

Original post by JKGB
I just want to say, thank God for this thread. :adore:

It gets addictive. So if you have history coursework to do (like me!), DESIST! Before it's too late!
Reply 7389
Glad to be of help! Hope it wasn't an important lecture.

I don't know if it was as I've been so hungover I've just been lazing about all day trying to recover rather than finding out what I missed :laugh:
Reply 7390
Original post by snapple
wasnt river song already killed off in the library episode? time travel is confusing :s

Original post by 30DiedOnMars
As was droned into us last series, "Time can be rewritten"

The whole point of the River Song story line is that River Song had met the future Doctor.

So whilst the Doctor now is having 'new' adventures with her, she had already had all of those adventures when we saw her die.

Hence why she always says spoilers, she knows things that have happened which the Doctor is oblivious to since they happen in his future.

Essentially we're seeing a younger River to the one who died.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Callipygian
Is it defo starting on the 23rd? last i checked they hadnt released a date for the uk, and the 23rd was when it was coming out on BBC america...

Both UK and US will be broadcasting on that date AFAIK
Reply 7392
I can't wait!!!!
I'd agree with those who said that it will probably be either Rory or River who dies - the show can't exist without the Doctor, and Amy seems to be too popular to kill off! Although, knowing Doctor Who, who knows how long whoever dies will actually stay dead for... So, depending on whatever timey-wimey excuse the writers come up with, I guess it could be anybody.

Random note: I'm insanely excited for the Neil Gaiman episode. That is all.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by scorpion95
The new Doctor Who series is going to start on the 23rd and with only severn episode then the following 6 episode in the Autumn time which is going to be a long wait to find out what happens. Also one of the four are going to leave within the opening episode, who do you think it'll be.

http://uk.tv.yahoo.com/news-extra/article/137536/doctor-who-character-to-be-killed-off.html

I would probably say Rory however River has the possibility to as well even though the time line thing would be affected unless it was meant to happen that is. I reckon is between them two.

Can't wait

Wow thanks for this information been after my latest fix since christmas which was meh imo.. An wow your the only person ive seen on here from staffordshire :eek:

Also i'd say it was going to be rory, river still has a lot of explaining unless they kill her off in the opening episode and bring her back later hmm
I think Amy will die, but there will be some time travel reason why she can be in this and the next series
Original post by Smilingsam

Original post by Smilingsam
Wow thanks for this information been after my latest fix since christmas which was meh imo.. An wow your the only person ive seen on here from staffordshire :eek:

Also i'd say it was going to be rory, river still has a lot of explaining unless they kill her off in the opening episode and bring her back later hmm

No problem, I been looking forward the new series starting, lol really, I think I have seen one or two others from staffordshire but was a while a go I believe
Original post by Callipygian
I think Amy will die, but there will be some time travel reason why she can be in this and the next series

I would go for this one. e.g. the Doctor picks her up during one of the times that he's away from her, this ties up with Amy having a big secret from him..timey-wimey *voodoo hands*
Reply 7398
One thing I don't understand is why death would be that much of a problem for anyone but the doctor or river.

I know you can't go back along your own timeline but there is nothing stopping the doctor going back along Amys timeline and just bringing her along again.

It has already been done as well, considering that is basically rivers storyline :holmes:
Original post by Angela_Beth
I'd agree with those who said that it will probably be either Rory or River who dies - the show can't exist without the Doctor, and Amy seems to be too popular to kill off! Although, knowing Doctor Who, who knows how long whoever dies will actually stay dead for... So, depending on whatever timey-wimey excuse the writers come up with, I guess it could be anybody.

Random note: I'm insanely excited for the Neil Gaiman episode. That is all.

Can hardly be River, she's popped up twice since the library, but has a whole diary of stuff to do with him. Let alone they've had enough time together for him to teach her High Gallifreyan and how to pilot the Tardis. And she's supposed to be someone really important he'll trust entirely, he still barely knows her. Unless they fast forward through all the time together, River's here to stay.

Latest