The Student Room Group

Why do other guys do this?

Whenever, they see another attractive guy (if they are attractive themselves) they always stare and look you up and down (sometimes). This happens to me all the time, especially at the gym!

Like today I was on the cross-trainer and the guy next to me felt like he was trying to compete kept looking at me..kind of odd..

Some must think I'm hot? or just competition?
Reply 1
They were checking you out. Some gay guys can't get enough of the gym
Reply 2
Are you brave enough to let them see our peacock! lol
Reply 3
Seeing how fit they are compared to you .. sizing you up for the hugely unlikely situation that will have you two in a battle to the death over a girl.
Reply 4
Original post by Liam 09
Seeing how fit they are compared to you .. sizing you up for the hugely unlikely situation that will have you two in a battle to the death over a girl.

Or to decide who would give it and who would take it..
Reply 5
I'd be careful in the showers there.. don't drop the soap.
I'm superrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, thanks for askinggggggggggggggg!
Reply 7
I do that to guys sometimes

:ninja:

Not in a gay way, but in a 'I wish I had your body, and maybe one day if they perfect brain transplants you may take a knife to the eyesocket' sorta way.
Reply 8
Original post by Steevee
I do that to guys sometimes

:ninja:

Not in a gay way, but in a 'I wish I had your body, and maybe one day if they perfect brain transplants you may take a knife to the eyesocket' sorta way.

lol..its my face they mainly look at? myb my hair too because its nice and big! :P
Reply 9
Probably thinking what I am thinking right now - what a dick.
Reply 10
Original post by Tyler.
Probably thinking what I am thinking right now - what a dick.

Why so mean? :frown:
Reply 11
This is so natural.. Between females is the same. When you are preparing for a night out with the girls you always put more effort into looking good than when you go out with a long-time boyfriend... the competition within genders is far bigger than that between them
Reply 12
Original post by Anonymous
Why so mean? :frown:

Jealous that you get checked out. Be Proud
Reply 13
Original post by Gerivta
This is so natural.. Between females is the same. When you are preparing for a night out with the girls you always put more effort into looking good than when you go out with a long-time boyfriend... the competition within genders is far bigger than that between them

Spot one.
Reply 14
Original post by Anonymous
Whenever, they see another attractive guy (if they are attractive themselves) they always stare and look you up and down (sometimes). This happens to me all the time, especially at the gym!

Like today I was on the cross-trainer and the guy next to me felt like he was trying to compete kept looking at me..kind of odd..

Some must think I'm hot? or just competition?

Pictures would help our decision.

PM me :wink:
Reply 15
There are many reasons why guys might look at other guys in a gym. The main reason I've found is watching what you do so they can try it themselves. This is especially the case when doing weights. Some guys have no idea what to do apart from the obvious ones, so they want to see what you do and if you do any different ones. They might also look to see what form you use on weights, if you have excellent form you can learn a bit from watching such a person. And so on...

I'm a regular gym user and a few guys have started talking to me out of the blue about my workout routine, what supplements I use etc. As well, I'm in good shape and by asking someone like me it don't cost them a penny, whereas a personal trainer it would. Now I have seen some guys who try to compete with you, but that's natural because you generally workout better if there's someone else competing with you. Eg. You are trying to squat 400lbs and are struggling, but the guy next to you is about to do the same lift, sometimes you get that extra zest from out of nowhere to complete the lift because you don't want to be bested by the guy next to you.

I guess you might be getting checked out, but it's not always the case.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending