The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Biomedical Sciences at Cardiff University

Not sure if this the right place to post this thread...:redface:

I've been rejected for Medicine by all but 1 of my unis and have an offer to Biomedical Science at Cardiff. Just wondering what people think of the course?

At the Medicine open day, they said that there's an opportunity for 'top' students to transfer into Medicine from this course. Is this true? How common is it? How would I go about it?

Sorry, I know I don't sound very enthusiastic about this course but I haven't really researched it as much as I should have as I've been thinking about taking a gap year.

Also, if I've got my heart set on becoming a doctor, do you think it'd would be better to just reapply or should I start (and finish, if I can't transfer) the Biomedical Sciences degree and see what happens from there?

Thank you :smile:
Reply 1
Bump :smile:
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 2
I think on the open day they said the top two from each course ( biomed, nuerology, physiology, biochem etc) could swap in after the first year ^ ^
Reply 3
Original post by Boo!xx
I think on the open day they said the top two from each course ( biomed, nuerology, physiology, biochem etc) could swap in after the first year ^ ^

Ooo, I don't fancy my chances then! :tongue:

Thanks for replying :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Sara_No_H!
Ooo, I don't fancy my chances then! :tongue:

Thanks for replying :smile:

No prob, you may want to double check that though! Try phoning the uni perhaps?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending