The Student Room Group

2012 Medicine Re-Applicants Mark I

Scroll to see replies

Original post by twelve
They always fit two people under there - I'm only small. Can I come too? :sexface:

Lmaooo! If you wish :tongue:.. gonna stalk Cedric? (In real life he aint dead :biggrin:).
Reply 441
are there any graduates out here who will be applying again in 2012?

applied for 2011 entry and got 4 rejections w/o interview :frown:

so now i will be taking my 2nd gap year and hopefully things will work out for 2012!!
Original post by futuredoc77
:cry2:

Ok, it's not my fault I came across this :ashamed2: I wasn't stalking, promise :puppyeyes:

:yy: for using tonnes of emotes :teehee:

And I can't rep you yet, but I owe you one :wink:

:laugh: I'm gonna remember that :yep: But thank you for the intention :blush: :yy: to you, for recognizing my smiley obsession :sexface:
Original post by haleem
Haha, making a good reapplicant already then :biggrin:

Just need to use :sexface: more :mmm:

:sexface: is a little too pervy just yet :laugh: but further into the gap year, I might use it more :colone: :sexface: (see, I'm already doing it :sexface: :laugh:)
Reply 444
Original post by Yellowmonkeyman
Lmaooo! If you wish :tongue:.. gonna stalk Cedric? (In real life he aint dead :biggrin:).

Woahhh, he didn't tell me that! We had a bit of a thing going on you know, I thought it was special :frown: Turns out I was just another Cho to him :frown:
Reply 445
Original post by firestar101
Wait. How is it possible that she is in third year and is 17. I am a bit confused.

I thought you had to be at least 18 when you start the first year of university.

That would just not be possible. Unless she is decreasing in age. Lol.

she'll be in 3rd yr if i get in for 2012, and she's 17 right now
Really? :O How come? Did you apply for feedback? What course was it? :smile:

I will ask Harry and see if I can get the cloak :tongue:

I is harry. I will lend you the cloak to give to futuredoc. :wink:
Reply 447
wow, away for 7hours and 3 pages, can't say i'm not impressed :tongue:
Reply 448
-

What do you say we start finding out everyone's identity on here? :colone:
Reply 449
Original post by dmz
wow, away for 7hours and 3 pages, can't say i'm not impressed :tongue:

See, I've always said we could! :biggrin:
Original post by tome27
Looking at the site it says you need a 9 in chemistry and biology. Whatever that means. If you can take the A level it may be worth it since an awful lot of schools want both of them now.
Haha I know. I did adopt a 'where in London can I go?' approach. :colondollar:
I applied to places using PBL even though I'm not the biggest fan this year. Everywhere has their own methods and some are more extreme than others in terms of how independent the independent learning is, if that makes sense.

The UKCAT is weighed against your academic background. GCSEs seem to be the main thing. If you don't have those it'll be different. For UK applicants it matters less the better your academic background. So if you have 11A*s they might let you off. The lowest I heard of getting to interview was 670. It matters a fair bit.
I'll ask a guy I know - let's quote him in:

Hey hey. What was your UKCAT for this next-year international please? :biggrin:

It's requires practice I found.
More questions? :gah:

Sorry for all the posts :blush: I just learned how to multi-quote :colone: I'm ashamed that it took me so long, but better sooner that never :bunny:

Aaw :puppyeyes: Thank you :penguinhug: Well, that means I also have to take an A-Level in Biology, since I have my Baccalaureate in Chemistry :argh: Ah well, that means I have to start studying :banghead:

London's lovely :daydreaming: And I can say that without even seeing the clubs/pubs, hehe :sexface:

Well, what I learned from this year is that UKCAT does matter :argh: Unfortunately :frown: But I'm gonna start preparing for it sooner and better this year :cute:

No questions for now :biggrin: But thank you for all that info :jumphug: I don't know if I can help you with anything, but if you do have any questions, ever, I'll try and answer them :colone: Or at least, I'll google them :pcguru:

Original post by laurenl93
Oh I'm sorry my lovely! No offence was intended I literally scanned the page and saw the word Newcastle and was like ooooh

Don't worry :hugs:
ill be taking yous on a tour of Newcastle when you's come up :h:

*and by tour I mean to all the lethal clubs :ahee:

Original post by laurenl93
AH **** WRONG SMILIE

*:sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface::sexface:

:puppyeyes: No problem :jumphug: No offence taken :penguinhug: I just thought you were ignoring me :cry: But now I know you don't :sexface: (this smiley is really getting to me :laugh:)

I'll be taking up on that offer :biggrin: I wasn't expecting any less :sexface: Bring on the clubs :yep:

This smiley is addictive, really :sexface: :sexface:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by twelve

We're just getting the hang of this thread :yep: We'll try and beat the 2011 one :colone:
Original post by dmz

You do not know my identity. Oh wait, you do. :eek: Carry on.
Reply 453
Original post by twelve

It's a start but you still have time :tongue:, think you deserve 30mins with me though

:angel:

:getmecoat: Just messing :tongue:
Reply 454
You do not know my identity. Oh wait, you do. :eek: Carry on.

I remember you giving it to me without even having to ask, lol :smug:
me, penguin and futuredoc did some damage on 2011 thread tho :tongue:
Original post by dmz
I remember you giving it to me without even having to ask, lol :smug:
me, penguin and futuredoc did some damage on 2011 thread tho :tongue:

Yes. I made it too easy. :frown:
Reply 456
Yes. I made it too easy. :frown:

At least you didn't give it up like a bitch cos max pemberton promised to put you in his column :frown:
Reply 457
dariadaphne
-

All these qualifications confuse me. Strange how you could only do one yet they ask for two. Is your school silly or something? :hmmm: :wink:
I'm sure there is plenty of alcohol related fun. The med school campus has it's own bar to avoid London prices, I know that! :colone:
UKCAT matters indeed. :yep: We'll see what the guy I quoted has to say, the policy will be slightly different you'd think for internationals....

Well thanks, I'll keep you in mind next time I have a question. :tongue:
Going to come have a looksie round London?
I'll stalk the thread over the year to see if you get in, unless I spot you round before that!
Original post by dmz

Interesting idea :colone:

I never was very good at it though :frown:
Original post by dmz
At least you didn't give it up like a bitch cos max pemberton promised to put you in his column :frown:

Was this regarding max pemberton's new book. I remember beska talking about it. Was he on the front cover?

Also, did you not get put on the column or did that also go to beska. :colonhash:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending