The Student Room Group

Did you fill in your census form?

Poll

Did you fill in your census form?

I did not fill in mine. I do not wish to tell the government any more information about myself than when I ask for a public service, such as council tax discount, where they will hold some information about me anyway.

I certainly do not wish to be asked how I live or spend my money, or my religion (which is Jedi, btw). Then have it all sold to American intelligences and Trans National Companies.

And so the govt census people can rightly go **** themselves.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The-Real-One
I did not fill in mine. I do not wish to tell the government any more information about myself than when I ask for a public service, such as council tax discount, where they will hold some information about me anyway.

I certainly do not wish to be asked how I live or spend my money, or my religion (which is Jedi, btw). Then have it all sold to American intelligences and Trans National Companies.

So you expect the government to be able to provide efficient public services without knowing how people live their lives. Nice.
Reply 2
isnt not filling in the census illegal?
Reply 3
Original post by Haly
isnt not filling in the census illegal?

so is digital piracy.
Reply 4
Original post by The-Real-One

you do understand that there is a £1000 fine. dont you???
Reply 5
Yes
You are just a bit stupid, really, not to
Reply 6
the census is a joke. its not like they dont already have every piece of our identity on a computer system anyway.

If you dont fill it in all the adverts state its upto £1k fine and time in prison. HA so much for "FREEDOM"
Reply 7
Yea he's right everyone who doesn't do it is fined £1000...
Reply 8
Hope you've got £1000 lying around to pay the fine, OP...
do you have a facebook/twitter/formspring account?

If so, the Americans pretty much already have all your information. And unless you're some sort of spy or something, no one really cares where you live or anything like that. Why not save yourself the fine and just fill the damn thing in?
Reply 11
****, when does it need to be in for. I had to fill it in on behalf of my Granddad.
Reply 12
hardly anyone gets fined anyway its just propaganda with basic scare tactics
Reply 13
We've filled it in, but not mailed it yet. On the question that's not a questions there's a few funny drawings of penis' and pacman and "This writing is intentionally left here." My job description is "Guess, it's not hard", my employers business is "Selling" and my health is Very Good, Good and Fair as I believe you cannot generalise health.
As it did not say who they want to sign the front, A.N. Hero has signed it, declined their offer for a date and didn't want to give their phone number out.
If anyone asks, it's my signature - a signature can be whatever you like at the end of the day, it's your personal thing. But we didn't lie on the form, just answered it bluntly and truthfully, so they can suck my hairy balls if they come harping at us for a real signature.

Isn't it funny how you can be fined for NOT doing something.... I always thought you had to do something to break the law.. clearly not in this police state we live in, being fed lies from the govt about the deficit and need for cuts etc.. Anyone who hasn't read Johann Hari's latest article definitely should: The biggest lie in British politics.
Reply 14
How dare the police state try to infringe my civil liberties!? You should only give your personal details to trustworthy for-profit organisations such as google and facebook, right?
Original post by harvie_316
the census is a joke. its not like they dont already have every piece of our identity on a computer system anyway.

If you dont fill it in all the adverts state its upto £1k fine and time in prison. HA so much for "FREEDOM"

Yes, and how do you think they keep information about you up to date, genius?

Not filling out the census is ridiculously stupid.
Original post by orionmoo
We've filled it in, but not mailed it yet. On the question that's not a questions there's a few funny drawings of penis' and pacman and "This writing is intentionally left here." My job description is "Guess, it's not hard", my employers business is "Selling" and my health is Very Good, Good and Fair as I believe you cannot generalise health.
As it did not say who they want to sign the front, A.N. Hero has signed it, declined their offer for a date and didn't want to give their phone number out.
If anyone asks, it's my signature - a signature can be whatever you like at the end of the day, it's your personal thing. But we didn't lie on the form, just answered it bluntly and truthfully, so they can suck my hairy balls if they come harping at us for a real signature.

Isn't it funny how you can be fined for NOT doing something.... I always thought you had to do something to break the law.. clearly not in this police state we live in, being fed lies from the govt about the deficit and need for cuts etc.. Anyone who hasn't read Johann Hari's latest article definitely should: The biggest lie in British politics.

Johann Hari is an utter hack; don't take anything he says seriously.
Reply 17
Original post by Aphotic Cosmos
Yes, and how do you think they keep information about you up to date, genius?

Not filling out the census is ridiculously stupid.

why should they keep my private info up to date. Its called private for a reason, were slowly losing all our freedoms.
Reply 18
Original post by Aphotic Cosmos
Johann Hari is an utter hack; don't take anything he says seriously.

And in turn don't take anything seriously any real economic or historical source says? Yeah. Right.
I believe him, more than I believe Cameron and his jumped up set of twerps/elites, who'd say anything so they can push forward their real agenda of cutting until there's nothing left to cut.
Yeah, we filled our's in. You can not fill it in if you want, but just don't complain when you get a knock at the door.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending