The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Penguinsaysquack
Just finished watching Limitless :teeth:

I want that drug :sad:

A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo, and when the herd is hunted it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members. In much the same way the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Now as we know excessive drinking of alcohol kills brain cells, but naturally it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine.

Original post by Ape Gone Insane

Then why haven't I gotten smarter or rather.. more intuitive on this gap year? :eyeball:

Or maybe I'm just not drinking enough :sexface:
Reply 842
Just watched "The Aviator. Great film. Great story. I just wish I was alive then! What do you guys think of it?

Ape Y u no have twittah
Result above. Strangest test ever. Post yours. :holmes:

Insane Test
Always happy in a crowd, you love to converse, to relate, and above all to have fun. You tend to think in a more holistic manner than many others. Like a crow you are attracted to shiny objects, new ideas, playful exciting colors and the thrill of a new personal relationship. You love to talk or gossip. You are highly invested in the reality of day-to-day life. Practicality is far more important than issues of honor or allegiance. You are a creature of the here and now. You are a natural multi-tasker, often switching mid-thought from one duty to another. You have a flair for presenting your personality in your work, and are known as a great storyteller and natural actor. You are very skilled at taking in a barrage of information and distilling what is most important from it. Naturally charming, you are quick to win new friends. Over stimulation is a danger.

Apart from the first sentence and the bit about acting, that is actually frighteningly accurate. What a terrible person I am.
Original post by mimimimi
Apart from the first sentence and the bit about acting, that is actually frighteningly accurate. What a terrible person I am.

Haha, the horoscope part of that is pretty crappy, as Jace has noted above.

Nah, the thing that was intriguing about that was the test itself. It was ... well, I don't know what it was. :tongue:

Original post by lukejoshjedi
Ape Y u no have twittah

I don't think people would be interested in what I had for breakfast, or how many times I visited the bathroom. :awesome:

Original post by Penguinsaysquack
Then why haven't I gotten smarter or rather.. more intuitive on this gap year? :eyeball:

Or maybe I'm just not drinking enough :sexface:

The key to effects like NZT is to drink way, way more. :yep: :colone:
(edited 13 years ago)

The key to effects like NZT is to drink way, way more. :yep: :colone:

Ok doctor :colone:
Really struggling to make myself watch any films at the moment.

I'm such a letdown.
Haha, the horoscope part of that is pretty crappy, as Jace has noted above.

Oh yeah, true. I found a lot more of that relatable than I've ever found with horoscopes and stuff, but that might simply be because there's so much of it. To be fair, such an odd, abstract test with only 50/50 answers could never be accurate, I suppose!
Original post by cambo211
Really struggling to make myself watch any films at the moment.

I'm such a letdown.

How come?
How come?

No idea.

I'm at home for the month and have bugger all else to do i just find it really hard to concentrate on anything bar the 3DS :dontknow:

Hopefully it'll sort itself out soon.
No idea.

I'm at home for the month and have bugger all else to do i just find it really hard to concentrate on anything bar the 3DS :dontknow:

watch a good comedy film
Just watched Perfume. Good but the book was better. :teeth:
Original post by spacepirate-James
Just watched Perfume. Good but the book was better. :teeth:

I absolutely adore that film... It's on iPlayer right? I'll have to re-watch it before it expires! I agree that the book is better, but I think it's a really good adaptation nonetheless.
No idea.

It's not the end of the world, y'know. :p:
Original post by Madjackismad
It's not the end of the world, y'know. :p:

I'm aware of this :tongue:

It's just annoying cos i want to watch films but can't.

Back to training my Pokémon i go :h:
Had anyone heard of Tomorrow When The War Began before this month? The trailer for it looks insanely good, I can't believe it hasn't had more hype.

I'm aware of this :tongue:

It's just annoying cos i want to watch films but can't.

Back to training my Pokémon i go :h:

Also, is the 3DS as good as it's made out to be? I've yet to try one in a shop.
Original post by Phalanges
Had anyone heard of Tomorrow When The War Began before this month? The trailer for it looks insanely good, I can't believe it hasn't had more hype.

yep, seen a few of its' TV adverts too. Reaction everytime: :indiff: Meh and also, dumb title - haven't heard too many good things about it but I may watch it and judge for myself
Original post by Phalanges

Did you read Guts? :holmes:

Quick Reply

Latest