I'm in trouble!

Hey TSR's!

I'm in the 1st year of college and goth these grades for my Unit 1 AS exams:

Biology: D
Chemistry: E
Psychology:B
Sociology:A

Yes.. DEBA. :gunfire:
I'm considering Medicine or Clinical Psychology.. (I got a C in GCSE English though :frown: , however I did it a year early so maybe I can put that in my personal statement? Or should I re-sit it next year?)

But now I also face the dilemna of choosing what subject to drop.
It's either chem or sociology.

What do ya'll think would be best? :redface:

Cheers.
Reply 1
Heeyy :smile:
I know how you feel, I'm in my second year now, but in my first year I got;
Biology - D
Chemistry - E
Psychology - A
in the January exams
(French exams weren't until June)

What you need to remember though is that SO many people don't do as well as they'd like to in January AS exams, possibly because they don't have a clue how much revision they need to do or how to answer the questions or whatever. I really wouldn't worry about it though, by the end of the AS year with a couple of retakes I ended up with ABBU, and I've got offers for Psychology from the unis in my sig. Don't think that because you didn't do as well as you hoped in January that you won't do any better, because now that you've got a better idea of the whole process it'll be much easier :smile: Admittedly I failed AS chemistry and dropped it at the end of the year, but it never really clicked for me and I realise now that it wasn't too necessary anyway, and I did my best.
If I were you I'd drop the subject you find the most difficult, which I'm assuming is Chemistry? And then you can work on getting 3 strong A-levels and just trying to pass AS chemistry :smile:
As for the English I can't really help answer that I'm afraid :s-smilie:
Good luck with everything!
Feel free to quote/PM me if you have any questions :biggrin:
Reply 2
If you're considering medicine then you'll need chemistry.
Reply 3
If you're considering medicine you also want to do as few resits as possible :/
Reply 4
Original post by Hazular
If you're considering medicine you also want to do as few resits as possible :/

Wrong. Edit your post so people don't get the wrong idea.
Reply 5
if u wna do med then ull really need chemistry...its the first requirement!
pick yourself back up revise hard and resit! im sure you can do it :smile: good luck!
Reply 6
Original post by SteveCrain
Wrong. Edit your post so people don't get the wrong idea.

No, not all that wrong really:
http://www.admissionsforum.net/showthread.php?t=156
Reply 7

That's for people fully resitting A levels, most med schools really aren't bothered if you resit modules.
Sorry but I hear that Medicine is competitive, I have a friend with about 12 A*'s at GCSE, 4 A's at As-Level etc. but hse only got accepted at one of her four choices.
To be a doctor you need Chemsitry and Uni's are funny about re-sits, so in the nicest way I can phrase this, I think you migh want to re-think your plans.
Reply 9
Original post by Tinth
That's for people fully resitting A levels, most med schools really aren't bothered if you resit modules.

Oh that's the context I meant it in ahaha. I'm tired & probably not developing my points brilliantly :tongue:
Reply 10

Those resits on the links are for whole year resits. ie. sitting A levels in three years

UCL is the only university that cares about modular resits for medicine
Reply 11
Original post by SteveCrain
Those resits on the links are for whole year resits. ie. sitting A levels in three years

UCL is the only university that cares about modular resits for medicine

Yeah, I just said above I meant it in the context of the whole year. :tongue: Too tired to develop my points properly today
Reply 12
Original post by Hazular
Yeah, I just said above I meant it in the context of the whole year. :tongue: Too tired to develop my points properly today

s'all good
Reply 13
Hmmm.. I guess I should go on a crazy learning mode and chill on the weekends..
I'll see what I get in june.. Until then.. TIME TO WORK!

I sorta messed myself over in jan exams.. I did half an hour revision for chem, no revision for sociology (Shows how simple it is), did a day for psychology and did 3 days for bio..

Thank-you all for your comments and advice! Much appreciated! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest