The Student Room Group

I'm so embarrassed.

Anon or delete please

Today I was sitting at my desk and my pen rolled off the desk. I had to bend down to pick it up and I was wearing a black pencil dress that's slightly above the knees. I was also wearing black leggings. I only work with men in the office plus my manager was also there. Do you think they could take it the wrong way, i.e. think I was being provocative? I don't want to get sacked.

Since I was wearing black tights I'm hoping it didn't look provocative. The only thing is that pencil skirts and dresses are really figure hugging and my ass could have been too much when I was bending down to take the pen.

Do you think it may have been taken the wrong way?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Also to add, my manager has seen my pen rolling off the desk before and he has picked it up for me when walking past. I'm hoping that it realises that I didn't do it on purpose
...your pen rolls off the desk, you pick it up. Not going to get fired
Reply 3
Why would you even think that? Crazy lady.
Reply 4
Ooh don't worry about it!
No one would have thought anything of it.
if they chose to interpret that wrong then tbh it's their problem. there's no way you should be blamed for that.
Reply 6
Best be off down t' Job Centre now ...
Reply 7
OP's lost the plot.
Reply 8
You shouldnt have anything to worry about...
Reply 9
That is one of the most neurotic things i've ever heard.

Why do you think would you get sacked? :lolwut:

If anything they'd want to keep you there.
Reply 10
Original post by Anonymous
I'm on probation at the moment.

I'm sorry but better get packing your things.. thats unless he liked it, then you better prepare for some sexy time with your boss :sexface:
Who's going to complain about something like that really. Don't worry I don't think they'll take action against you for picking up your pen off the floor, it happens to everyone, your manager knows your pen rolls off the table and that so I doubt he'll think you did it on purpose to look provocative
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 12
You have a job when Mcdonalds have turned me down 4 times, thats hardly fair when your retarded enough to think you'll get the sack for dropping your pen.
Reply 13
make a move on your manager!
oh please, get over yourself.
Reply 15
Original post by wactm
You have a job when Mcdonalds have turned me down 4 times, thats hardly fair when your retarded enough to think you'll get the sack for dropping your pen.

Haha, don't worry I was turned down by mcdonalds twice when I was 16.

No, it's not so much the dropping. It's the context in which I had to pick it up.
Reply 16
You dropped it on purpose didn't you?
Reply 17
Original post by Anonymous
Also to add, my manager has seen my pen rolling off the desk before and he has picked it up for me when walking past. I'm hoping that it realises that I didn't do it on purpose

Is it just me, or did you just refer to your manager as 'it'? :cool:
:lolwut:

So you were wearing a pencil dress, leggings and tights?

or a pencil dress and leggings?

or a pencil dress anf tights?
...I fail to see what you could have done otherwise.

Quick Reply

Latest