The Student Room Group

I'm firming the winner of this poll

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by thewiseone
Ulster?

Never heard of it

http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/single.htm?ipg=6583

LOL, miners? Why miners? I'm not sure if theres a coal mine in Irelnad let alone ulster.
Reply 21
Dundee, because I went there and really liked it. Naturally biased :smile:
Original post by thewiseone
Ulster?

Never heard of it.

And tbh, when I heard it the first image that came into my mind was:

I've been there (not as a student, just visiting.) Sadly, it's quite nice. :frown:
Reply 23
Original post by moneyballs2
I only clicked this thread so I could vote something really awful.

I'd say Ulster as it would involve travelling, which may be an inconvienience to the OP.

lol, thanks lad.
Reply 24
Original post by TheSownRose
I've been there (not as a student, just visiting.) Sadly, it's quite nice. :frown:

Which campus? And why sadly? lol
Original post by bestofyou
Which campus? And why sadly? lol

Magee. And 'sadly' because we all want to send you somewhere horrible, obviously. :rolleyes:

Spoiler

Reply 26
Original post by TheSownRose
Magee. And 'sadly' because we all want to send you somewhere horrible, obviously. :rolleyes:

Spoiler

ahh, good news then, the coleraine campus is pretty horrible (think soviet tower block) thats the campus I appiled for because none of the others offer history
Reply 27
Voted Aber in order to go LOL, YOU'RE GOING TO WALES. Only to realise that I am in fact in Wales myself. :frown:
Reply 28
You're basing your future on a tsr poll?

Not the best of choices mate :colone:
I'm not voting unless you put Thames Valley in your poll
Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey
Just sent you to Ulster son.

This made me LOL.
Reply 31
It's pretty close between Aberyswyth and Dundee at the moment; 48 and 49 respectively :biggrin: :L
Epic.
Dundee :biggrin:
Reply 34
id go for ulster or aber cause i dont want you anywhere near my university
Reply 35
Original post by Kiwihoney
id go for ulster or aber cause i dont want you anywhere near my university

awww, thats not very nice. But in that case I'd rather go to Ulster/Aber if it means avoiding people such as yourself. Or maybe just go to Dundee to purposly annoy yourself.:colone:
DUNDEE.
Reply 37
Well, Dundee has got the clear majority. But now I'm not sure whether people picked it because it sucks/ they would hate to go there themselves. I mean, I doubt many of the 43 people, should they be in my shoes choose ulster.

Decision time......Dundee it is, I was disappointed when Aber was beating Dundee. But now I'm a little disappointed Aber lost. I think I'll go to Dundee but, it rapes Aber for study abroad in year 2
I wouldn't do History + a language over straight history.

Much better to do straight history and then learn a language in your own time.

I'm doing straight Computer Science (4 years) at Aber and I'll be learning Spanish to an advanced level in my own time.

Aberystwyth is 19th for languages in the subject league tables and is well renown for the department. Dundee also has lower graduates prospects than Aberystwyth for History.

TSR really did help you make the right choice!
Reply 39
Original post by AreYouDizzeeBlud_x
I wouldn't do History + a language over straight history.

Much better to do straight history and then learn a language in your own time.

I'm doing straight Computer Science (4 years) at Aber and I'll be learning Spanish to an advanced level in my own time.

Aberystwyth is 19th for languages in the subject league tables and is well renown for the department. Dundee also has lower graduates prospects than Aberystwyth for History.

TSR really did help you make the right choice!

My Sarcasm bar is beaming...^^^^^^^^^^

Why not do the History + Lang.? I applyed History w/Spanish, but as its scotland I can come out with single History. 1st year doesnt really matter.

Are you in Aber now, or going there in Sept?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending