The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Trent Freshers 2011-2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by elisabeth
hehe no it does not :biggrin: guess its an unusual choice for foreigners... I'm from Sweden tho so I'm just a little, no a lot nervous about moving to a new country and failing at English at uni and that, but i guess its rational fears that i partly share with most other people here...

yeahh, i know what you mean..
im scared that i'll just be a loner with no friends!!
oh god.. i dont want that to happen!
have you firmed notthingham trent? :smile:
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by Pia Dang
I'm considering between Peverell & Sanby cause Simpson is far from Uni.
I study Media in Clifton campus but I want to spend time in the city so I try to look for city halls and take bus to lecture.
I'm Asian student so it's all new for me...
Where you study ?

Peverell and Sandby look nice! I think i will be at one one them...
and i'll be stugying English at clifton :biggrin:
but i want to live in the city so i have a better time...
where are you from?
have you firmed nottingham trent?
Original post by sanniehald
Cool! :biggrin: ..

Soo i am thinking about buying a bike in stead of using the busses... 6 miles each way... not that hard, riight?

hahaa.. rather you than me!
i feel tired and unfit just thinking about it!!
(yes- i AM that unfit.. if it's possible!)
are you more excited or nervous?
i cant decide which one i am!! :frown:
Original post by zingyjelly
hahaa.. rather you than me!
i feel tired and unfit just thinking about it!!
(yes- i AM that unfit.. if it's possible!)
are you more excited or nervous?
i cant decide which one i am!! :frown:

Woops mistake! It is 6km! so what 3 miles each way :biggrin: !

I do not know :s-smilie: ! I am so excited about going, but so nervous about not knowing anyone nor the city :s-smilie: ! I need a guide
Hey, current trent student here again!
Any questions anyone?
I study Business (SW) and live at Norton Court, but next year I'll be living in Trinity, Shakespeare House :smile:
Reply 665
Original post by zingyjelly
yeahh, i know what you mean..
im scared that i'll just be a loner with no friends!!
oh god.. i dont want that to happen!
have you firmed notthingham trent? :smile:

yeah i have, im worried about not knowing the city too.. i don't even know anywhere in England, had major problems figuring the trains out trying to get to my interview ^^
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 666
Original post by elisabeth
just really annoying when its raining and stuff and the roads didn't look too friendly to bike on although iv only seen them vaguely out of a bus window once so i couldn't really say... I'm just looking forward to not having to use my bike to get to school anymore.. why not book accommodation at school? (cus of city life?)

oh btw have those of you studying English gotten your welcome packs yet cus i havn't?

i've got my welcome pack but i live much closer than you haha, you should get it soon
Reply 667
Original post by zedjay010
i've got my welcome pack but i live much closer than you haha, you should get it soon

but i thought they sent it out by e-mail as well? sides post from England takes a week to reach Sweden at best!
I just firmed NTU! :biggrin:
WHOOP!
xx
Original post by rachelkeira
Any questions anyone?
I study Business (SW) and live at Norton Court, but next year I'll be living in Trinity, Shakespeare House :smile:

hey :smile: i have applied for Trinity and i have a room but i am a 1st year student and was just wondering if it is any good for 1st years i heard that there are alot of mature students and stuff that complain about noise xx
Original post by Melissa2255
hey :smile: i have applied for Trinity and i have a room but i am a 1st year student and was just wondering if it is any good for 1st years i heard that there are alot of mature students and stuff that complain about noise xx

I have a couple of friends who have lived there this year and they've had a decent time. It's not as lively as uni halls, but people still do go out!
Do you know which area of trinity you're living in? Some are more lively than others. Like where I will be, Shakespeare, is known for being the 'party' bit of trinity apparently :smile:
peverell or new hall?
Reply 672
Any questions anyone?

Hows the nightlife in trent relative to anywhere else you've been? (your home city maybe if you're not from around nottingham?)

Also do you know anyone who stays in clifton but goes for the night out in the city?

Original post by mikey parsons
peverell or new hall?

Depends on your budget really I imagine the newer one will be more swan-ky but its fairly more expensive as well! I'm just gonna stay at peverell.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Frankio
Hows the nightlife in trent relative to anywhere else you've been? (your home city maybe if you're not from around nottingham?)

Also do you know anyone who stays in clifton but goes for the night out in the city?

I'm from Wolverhampton, so Nottingham beats it by miles, there's always some kind of student night going on somewhere, whatever day of the week it is :smile: And I'm still discovering new bars and clubs that I love!
And yes, I know quite a few people that do that, and have met quite a few people from Clifton on nights out. Particularly on 'social night' at Ocean on a Wednesday!
Original post by Frankio

Awesome night life. That is in comparison to most major cities in the UK.

Most of my friends live in Clifton, they all go into the city.
Reply 675
I'm from Wolverhampton, so Nottingham beats it by miles, there's always some kind of student night going on somewhere, whatever day of the week it is :smile: And I'm still discovering new bars and clubs that I love!
And yes, I know quite a few people that do that, and have met quite a few people from Clifton on nights out. Particularly on 'social night' at Ocean on a Wednesday!

Epic! Might bump into you myself then next year, if theres a bar/club I'm there!! :awesome:
Original post by Frankio
Epic! Might bump into you myself then next year, if theres a bar/club I'm there!! :awesome:

Cool, see you then! Fresher year at Trent is definitely an experience you won't forget in a hurry :smile:
Reply 677
Cool, see you then! Fresher year at Trent is definitely an experience you won't forget in a hurry :smile:

I know! Being slightly older by a couple years than most people starting now I know many friends who started uni already and they have some legendary tales of freshers carnage :eek:, I just can't wait!
Original post by Frankio

I know this wasn't directed at me, but as a Manchester girl I thought I'd give my input- I've been at Trent for coming up for 2 years, and I've got to say I LOVE the nightlife here! I standardly pretty much without fail go out every Wednesday and every Friday.

Wednesday is a big Trent Army night- with all sports clubs and societies going on a bar crawl before going to the legend that is OCEAN.
Whereas Friday is a big Clifton night at the SU (the Point) on campus

You'll find that throughout the week cliftonians can be found at mainly these 3 nights in my experience: The Forum- Monday, Ocean- Wednesday and The Point-Friday.
Other Trent Nights include:
Tuesday- Oceana
Thursday- Gate Crasher/Rock City
Saturday- City SU/ Walkabout
Sunday- Pandora's Box

Theres option for different music tastes, something for everyone.

Don't hesitate to ask any further questions :smile:
Reply 679
Original post by Scorpio2211
I know this wasn't directed at me, but as a Manchester girl I thought I'd give my input- I've been at Trent for coming up for 2 years, and I've got to say I LOVE the nightlife here! I standardly pretty much without fail go out every Wednesday and every Friday.

Wednesday is a big Trent Army night- with all sports clubs and societies going on a bar crawl before going to the legend that is OCEAN.
Whereas Friday is a big Clifton night at the SU (the Point) on campus

You'll find that throughout the week cliftonians can be found at mainly these 3 nights in my experience: The Forum- Monday, Ocean- Wednesday and The Point-Friday.
Other Trent Nights include:
Tuesday- Oceana
Thursday- Gate Crasher/Rock City
Saturday- City SU/ Walkabout
Sunday- Pandora's Box

Theres option for different music tastes, something for everyone.

Don't hesitate to ask any further questions :smile:

Trent army now that's something that sparks my curiosity, is the fancy dress for that easy to get hold of by any chance?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending