The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1980
Original post by vavavoom

Today we were introduce to the extended essay at school. I have chosen my supervisor based upon his previous success with the EE, In addition to this he is my economics teacher and I wish to base my EE on Economics.

Do any of you have any ideas on what I can base my essay on??
Reply 1981
Mine is "What impact the Islamic Revolution of 1979 had on Iran - U.S. relations"
Well, at least something like that.. Still some time left to decide.
Doing Psychology
Developmental Psychology/Pop Psychology
"How do superheroes impact child moral development?"
History:

"How significant was the Falklands War on the 1983 General Election?"
History as well:
what were the factors which influenced the development of the german infantry uniforms 1808- 1918.?
English: (Poetry)
The relationship between Humanity and Nature in Wordsworth's "Tintern Abbey" and Coleridge's "Dejection: an Ode."

Quite enjoyable.
Help plz, panic attack :eek:. I have to hand in my EE research ques on monday, so thats after tomorrow, and i got absolutly nothing.
Can u ppl plz give me advice, im either gonna do it in physco or bio
For bio im completly blank, nthn at all, as fro physco, im thinking about how perfectionasim can affect completing a task or job, or the effect of breakfast on the mental and physical nature of a person, or the effect of light on sleeping habits and laziness:s-smilie:
Reply 1987
Man, chill out. Write an e-mail to your psycho (psychology, i mean) teacher and ask if he thinks any of your proposed topics are of any good. Discuss, discuss, discuss, think, discuss, think, discuss, search, think, search, sources, sources, search, think, sources, write, think, write, think, write, discuss, rewrite, think, write, discuss.. that's your ee. As easy as that.
Original post by ~*Jemma*~

Original post by ~*Jemma*~
hey, im just begining to think about my extened essay, cos im in the 1st year of the IB, i am proably going to do it in ITGS, but i want to include sumthin of economics in it too, got any ideas? thanks..

perhaps you can talk about the improvements that technology has done in a given situation....i have no idea..i also plan to do something in ITGS...if not that then perhaps Business studies and Management
guyz any ideas for a topic in business and management? i think i myt want to go with that if ITGS fails....its my next strong subject....i have a vague plan about ITGS...about i dont think it is exactly researchable considering where i live....so many Bus.St+M. is good enuf.....any ideas? slightest light may come in handy!!!! :smile:
Reply 1990
hey! i have less than a week to choose my topic! i want to do something based on economics. what do you think of comparing two different market structures (for example oligopoly vs. monopoly)? by choosing a specific business, like telephones or tv, i will compare two different market structures
Reply 1991
My topic is : Should standardized testing such as the SAT & the ACT be used to reflect the academic knowledge of students upon the entering college?

My Subject is English because i don't have psychology in my school. :smile:
Original post by Rockcity
My topic is : Should standardized testing such as the SAT & the ACT be used to reflect the academic knowledge of students upon the entering college?

My Subject is English because i don't have psychology in my school. :smile:

I don't know if that's an appropriate EE topic. Go look in the criteria to quote and prove me wrong.
My question is:

How have the X-ray scanners improved the security in the Sir Seretse Khama Airport?

My subject is ITGS, and I chose this airport because I am right next door.

I feel it's too narrow, what do you guys think?
Narrow is good; write a lot about a little :smile:
I understand but the thing is I don't know what to write about when I have already written everything....thats a major problem!!!
So I have my EE in Spanish(wanted psych but oh well), and my research question is:

El Flamenco:
Su influencia fuera del círculo de países hispanohablantes

¿Cómo ha influido el flamenco en los gustos artísticos de los otros países del mundo?

Flamenco:
Its Influence Outside of Spanish-Speaking Countries

How has flamenco influenced the artistic tastes of the other countries of the world?

So how does that research question sound? Anyone proficient in spanish is free to tell me if my wording of it was weird :smile:
Reply 1997
My topic is in English A2 it is :
How does the vision of evil changes in fictional works between the 19th and the 20th century?
question:do you think it is addequate for an A2 student or should I do it in French A1? And do you tink I should make it more narrow?
(edited 13 years ago)
My topic in history was:
To what extent were the provisions outlined in the Queen's Proclamation of 1858 fulfilled by 1907 by the British Raj?
Mine is in Historia (History in Spanish):

¿Que significado tuvo el Asedio del Alcazar de Toledo para ambos bandos en la Guerra Civil Española?

which can be translated into the following:

How significant was the Siege of the Alcazar to both sides during the Spanish Civil War?

So far it has only come out in another EE and that was in the 1980s...so yes, it's a nice topic to research and to work in.

Latest

Trending

Trending