The Student Room Group

Rick and Casey - two case studies. Who would YOU be?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I am number 2. Minus the six pack, the handsomeness, social life, hair salon job and modeling prospects.

University and Professional Career dont go hand in hand however...
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by mirin?
Read the op again, it specifically says he has no chance nor does he want to. I'm only answering the question set.

fair enough, but you still can't lose weight if you chose Rick
Original post by Ich Dien
I am number 2. Minus the six pack, social life, Hair salon job and modeling prospects.

University and Professional Career dont go hand in hand...

nice to meet you number 2
Reply 23
Original post by bestofyou
nice to meet you number 2

Morning :coffee:
Reply 24
fair enough, but you still can't lose weight if you chose Rick

You don't make any sense. And i'm tierd, good night.
Original post by mirin?
You don't make any sense. And i'm tierd, good night.

Well basically Rick is fat and ugly. Thats who he is. In case studys like these you can't predict the future. You can't say I'll be Rick because he can lose weight and get plastic surgary, then he's decent looking and lots of money.

I could say, well I pick Casey and buy 200 lotto tickets a week....it will happen eventually at those odds......:colone::colone::colone:

You pick who you pick in the case study, there is no option of lifestyle modifications
Original post by Ich Dien
Morning :coffee:

Sorry, how rude of me...I'm number 4
Reply 27
Sorry, how rude of me...I'm number 4

Jesus Christ. I cant believe im finally meeting you.

Dick.
We all know what you did to number 9... number 6 spent a week at her house consoling her then regaled us all with your atrocities. And you were wondering why 11 was not replying to your texts anymore.... Disgusting.

You come around here again, your gonna get a face full of shoes... I have some football boots safely stored away, just waiting for the moment.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 28
Well basically Rick is fat and ugly. Thats who he is. In case studys like these you can't predict the future. You can't say I'll be Rick because he can lose weight and get plastic surgary, then he's decent looking and lots of money.

I could say, well I pick Casey and buy 200 lotto tickets a week....it will happen eventually at those odds......:colone::colone::colone:

You pick who you pick in the case study, there is no option of lifestyle modifications

Well, it's assumed Rick is going to get rich, so he can buy whatever he wants with his money. If you are rich you have more options. The poorer guy has less options in how to deal with his life. He has a 90% chance or greater of this working.

Casey can buy those lottery tickets but he has a low chance of winning.
Original post by Nepene
Well, it's assumed Rick is going to get rich, so he can buy whatever he wants with his money. If you are rich you have more options. The poorer guy has less options in how to deal with his life. He has a 90% chance or greater of this working.

Casey can buy those lottery tickets but he has a low chance of winning.

no but, what im saying is you have to go by what is said in the case study. You can't say he has more options. How do you know he isn't a froggal, miserable little man who shouts humbug at every one.
I'd rather be myself. Seriously, what a crappy choice!
Reply 31
no but, what im saying is you have to go by what is said in the case study. You can't say he has more options. How do you know he isn't a froggal, miserable little man who shouts humbug at every one.

The question is who do you want to be. Obviously they'll take some of my characteristics. I can promise you, I am not a froggal or a humbug shouter.

He has all options that he could reasonably expect to have in the scenario. You can't limit me just because you don't like the scenario.
Original post by lesbionic
Case study (1) Rick is fat, unattractive, spotty but with advanced cognitive abilities at a top 5 university and a high paid career in banking that he will take up after university. Rick does has a great social life with his future banking friends, but is not good looking or attractive in any way.

Case study (2) Casey is slim, dark and handsome with a great six pack and shimmering skin and a natural tan. He can get with anybody he wants, has a great social at the weekend when he chills out after finishing work at the hair salon he works at. He does part time modelling, but knows it has a short shelf life. Casey has no chance of every going to university or getting a 'professional' career, nor does he want to; he is happy in his lifestyle, until one night in a bar another guy tells him he is actually quite a stupid guy.

Who would you rather be?

I personally would be Rick any day of the week - I would rather be intelligent, care about things and about people - have an INTEREST in life, than be a Casey in this world. The amount of Caseys I've met and they're just boring - I think I would be happy being ugly and fat but with a secure future and career and a good education.

Casey will only get so far in life.

What makes you think someone like Casey can't be intelligent, care about things and people, and have a interest in life?

idiot
rick
Rick.
Original post by Nepene
The question is who do you want to be. Obviously they'll take some of my characteristics. I can promise you, I am not a froggal or a humbug shouter.

He has all options that he could reasonably expect to have in the scenario. You can't limit me just because you don't like the scenario.

No, once you pick Rick/Casey you become them...'Nepene' no longer exists. Your charcteristics remain, but when you become Rick, you only have what is given in the scenario, nothing more, nothing less.
Reply 36
Unfair question, if it had been that there was some reason Rick couldn't lose the weight and spots e.g. some kind of physical disability then it would be fair, but as it is HE can better his appearance whilst Casey can't get more education.

So if its that case, I don't know, I don't like the idea of doing banking, but probably still Rick.

In your scenario, definitely Rick.
Wouldn't want to be either.

Casey is not my life style at all, but Rick's future in banking sounds SO boring, irrespective of the money.
Reply 38
Neither to be frank.

Either relative extreme represent a degree of compromise. The idea of being ordinary is as unappealing to me, as having everything in life securely fixed. Much prefer to make it up - getting something on my own, and take pride in livig it enjoyably..
Reply 39
No, once you pick Rick/Casey you become them...'Nepene' no longer exists. Your charcteristics remain, but when you become Rick, you only have what is given in the scenario, nothing more, nothing less.

Haha, you're not the boss of me. Lesbionic is if anything.

Your argument is absurd, anyway. It's not mentioned that we have eyes, or legs, or arms, or genitalia. So, since we have nothing more, nothing less, are we a genderless blind amputee?

We have to assume some things about the scenario to make it work. Within the limits of the scenario we can assume anything reasonable. I suspect this is more about you wanting to force your assumptions on me than any sense of fairness.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending