The Student Room Group

I'm so embarrassed.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by anti-duck
Is it just me, or did you just refer to your manager as 'it'? :cool:

lol, yeah so I did. Sorry I've just had a few drinks this evening.
Reply 21
Original post by Anonymous
I'm on probation at the moment.

what for? Dropped a pen, think you can get it for me? :sexface:
Reply 22
Original post by When will I know?
:lolwut:

So you were wearing a pencil dress, leggings and tights?

or a pencil dress and leggings?

or a pencil dress anf tights?

pencil dress and black tights
Original post by El_Sid
And I doubt every (or any) fully grown man would get that worked up over someone picking up a pen...

You seem to have not been in acquaintance with many men before.
Reply 24
Original post by Fumblenuts91
...I fail to see what you could have done otherwise.

Yeah I had no other choice
Reply 25
Buy pens that don't roll

wait....
Reply 26
Original post by Casshern1456
oh please, get over yourself.

I think you have taken this the wrong way. I could be any girl, bending is just not what females should do in skirts or dresses.
Reply 27
Original post by Logan
Buy pens that don't roll

wait....

it's a work pen lol
I think you have taken this the wrong way. I could be any girl, bending is just not what females should do in skirts or dresses.

Why does it matter if you are a girl or not it's irrelevant nor does what you wore on that day matter- you bent down to pick up a pen you dropped for a split second, it's not like you chose to do a erotic dance with your tongue licking your lips and flashing about in the office.

So I reiterate please get over it.:h:
I think you'll be fine, as long as you didn't kind of look around and look provocatively at people! :smile:
get a pen that has corners
get a pen pot
keep pens in the central vicinity of your desk
stop using pens

Also, squat to retrieve pen instead of bending right over to avoid exposing your ass??
Yeah I had no other choice

...Then chill out.
I'm on probation at the moment.

For what? :s-smilie:

There's no way they can sack you for picking a pen up!! Would they rather you leave a huge pile of pens on the floor?

Tomorrow go in in your trackies and a hoodie, then see what happens.

This thread is ludicrous.
Reply 33
If I was your boss I'd give you a promotion not fire you... :biggrin:
your pen fell off the desk. what are you supposed to do? just leave it there? if they try to fire you, call human resources . i'm sure it's sexual something or other; harrasment or discrimination. anyway. it won't happen. they will have to be VERY careful with you; accusing you of being provocative or dismissing you if you are the ony female in the office. but if you are worried, the in the future, crouch down to get your pen, or remain on your chair, but turn and bend to get it
Reply 35
Original post by Foo.mp3
Maybe pick it up like this next time..

Oops! :wink:

Lol, that's my type of dress. I also have that type of hour glass frame. I don't think it looked great at all.
Reply 36
Actually people, I did squat/crouch down instead of bend but I still consider that provocative.
Reply 37
God i wish you worked in the same office as me :-)
seriously you wont get sacked for dropping your pen, or for wearing a skirt and leggings

Anon or delete please

Today I was sitting at my desk and my pen rolled off the desk. I had to bend down to pick it up and I was wearing a black pencil dress that's slightly above the knees. I was also wearing black leggings. I only work with men in the office plus my manager was also there. Do you think they could take it the wrong way, i.e. think I was being provocative? I don't want to get sacked.

Since I was wearing black tights I'm hoping it didn't look provocative. The only thing is that pencil skirts and dresses are really figure hugging and my ass could have been too much when I was bending down to take the pen.

Do you think it may have been taken the wrong way?
Upload a pic of your arse in said position and then we can give an accurate judgement.
Reply 39
WOAH WOAH WOAH leggings and a pencil skirt? Jesus wept you aren't getting fired but the fashion police and going to have you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending