The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by yoyo462001
It's all a numbers game, if HTC are releasing 1.2ghz they can't come out with 1ghz, it makes them seem behind the curb. In terms of battery I think HTC are making the choice of having a better design. The aluminmum makes the phone heavier so does the battery, can't have bigger battery and aluminium to, the phone would just way to much. I'm weary of the HTC Pyramid, a dual core and a 4.3 inch screen sound like its going to have worse battery time than my Desire HD, and the battery on this is generally crappy.

Actually HTC seem to be right in the middle of it, the HTC pyramid is apparently being launched on 13th April. 1.2ghz Dual core + 4.3ghz screen.

Sounds good lol

The Pyramid will probably arrive in summer (3D though, pffft). I wish all these manufacturers would follow Apple in one aspect: not announcing/unveiling products that aren't ready for release. Apple release the hounds, unveils the product and has it in shops within weeks. You have to admire that. They ride the hype train very well.
(edited 12 years ago)

Original post by G8D
Why was I unsubscribed from this thread? :stomp:

Had to relist my Hero on eBay, ****ing time waster.

Because you bought an iPhone remember :teehee:

Hero not go for much last time?
Because you bought an iPhone remember :teehee:

Hero not go for much last time?

Did he actually buy an iPhone?!?! I can no longer associate with him if he did...
Original post by G8D
n00b

You never can tell with you!
Original post by greeneyedgirl

Did he actually buy an iPhone?!?! I can no longer associate with him if he did...

False alarm. So we disown our own as soon as they buy iPhones :afraid:
False alarm. So we disown our own as soon as they buy iPhones :afraid:

Pretty much (says the girl who is typing this on a macbook...)

Pretty much (says the girl who is typing this on a macbook...)

Mac OS X > Windows
Android > iOS

^_^
Original post by Young Spade
Mac OS X > Windows

No.

But lets not turn this thread into an unnecessary flame war shall we?
Reply 4588
Dunno if this has ever been posted before here...click on the source to see the bigger picture. TSR scales them down I think...

Source: http://www.emezeta.com/articulos/infografia-de-android#axzz1Ios2Eo9d
Original post by bigmo7

Original post by bigmo7
Dunno if this has ever been posted before here...click on the source to see the bigger picture. TSR scales them down I think...

Source: http://www.emezeta.com/articulos/infografia-de-android#axzz1Ios2Eo9d

I love the brick
My phone is giving me the "I'M FULL OF DATA" message, but I checked the SD card and it is about a quarter full. Is there any way I can get the phone just to stick things on there instead?
Original post by Bobifier
My phone is giving me the "I'M FULL OF DATA" message, but I checked the SD card and it is about a quarter full. Is there any way I can get the phone just to stick things on there instead?

You need to enable some form of Apps to SD. This can sometimes be done by going in to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications then clicking on the app you want and hitting "Move to SD Card". If this is not available, you may need to root it.

What phone have you got?
Reply 4592
Only apps that have specifically enabled it will let you move them to SD Card, and some will never enable it (anything that provides a widget, anything that syncs with an account, provides a keyboard or any other service). Try them all, starting with the biggest space users and work your way down. Or just delete the rubbish ones :h:
Original post by estel
Only apps that have specifically enabled it will let you move them to SD Card, and some will never enable it (anything that provides a widget, anything that syncs with an account, provides a keyboard or any other service). Try them all, starting with the biggest space users and work your way down. Or just delete the rubbish ones :h:

That's true with stock ROMs, but I thought you could move (well, install) just about any app to the SD card if you're rooted.
Original post by alex_hk90
That's true with stock ROMs, but I thought you could move (well, install) just about any app to the SD card if you're rooted.

All of my widgets are saved on my SD Card. I'm using the Ext3 implementation built in to Cronos Gingerbread though, not the standard Android implementation.
Reply 4595
Is it bad that I REALLY REALLY want the SGS 2 now? :p:

Spoiler

Original post by mikeyd85
All of my widgets are saved on my SD Card. I'm using the Ext3 implementation built in to Cronos Gingerbread though, not the standard Android implementation.

What's EXT3 like? Never tried it :K:
Original post by bigmo7
What's EXT3 like? Never tried it :K:

Well, it works :smile:

You need to partition your SD card in to FAT35/Ext3 using the partition manager in a custom bootloader to do it. AmonRA works, I believe ClockWork Recovery does too. You'll also need to use a ROM that supports it. :wink:
Original post by mikeyd85

Yeah, I have my apps on an ext3 partition as well (though using LeeDrOiD on my HTC Desire, which is more-or-less stock Froyo Sense but with optimisations and obviously rooted).
Original post by bigmo7

Original post by bigmo7
Is it bad that I REALLY REALLY want the SGS 2 now? :p:

Spoiler

It does look very very sexeh but I'm looking forward to what HTC announce next week
For sure. Shame neither have Tegra...

Latest