The Student Room Group

Caraniel's Splendid Spring Anime Preview 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Juno
It's April soon! :grin:

I know! Tis exciting~!
Crunchyroll also picked up Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi and Sket Dance.
Reply 22
And Crunchyroll have also added Deadman Wonderland! They're really picking up some great shows this season
Meh, only three out of the sixteen shows I'm considering so far...

Crunchy also has Kami no Mizo Shiru Sekai (The World God Only Knows) 2, but I'm not sure whether I'll pick that up just yet.
Reply 24
Oh LOL! Crunchyroll has Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi!! :laugh:
Reply 25
OMG THE YAOI HAS AN OVA!

44 seconds to new yaoi :grin:
Reply 26
Another Crunchyroll simulcast - Sengoku Otome ~Momoiro Paradox~
Dog Days is out... and is just under 900 MB. :wtf: Think I'll wait for another release...
Reply 28
My thoughts on Toriko from the on-topic thread:

As for the current season, I've seen the first episode of Toriko... I don't really know what to say about this or whether I should be pleased or flabbergasted... This wasn't so much Toriko but rather a peculiar 'filler' episode of One Piece... The whole Strawhat crew were featured... Assuming the incentive was there, which seems highly plausible given the popularity of One Piece, it just seemed like the biggest form of a sellout that I've seen in anime.

Edit: Upon further research, it seems the crossover occurred in the manga for Toriko as well. Regardless, I'm all for crossovers on the basis that they're minimal (like a character from the same author walking by in the background) or, in the case of Cross Epoch, at least it was more of a tribute for the two shounen titles and the relationship Oda and Toriyama share... But with this, it just seemed like a waste of an episode, given what happened, especially when it's the first episode in the series...
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 29
Just activated my 1 day pass :proud: (thank you Cara :hugs:) anyone got any recommendations on where I should start?
Reply 30
Original post by skipp

Original post by skipp
Just activated my 1 day pass :proud: (thank you Cara :hugs:) anyone got any recommendations on where I should start?

Hatdance :grin:
Reply 31
Original post by Juno
Hatdance :grin:

Is that the new yaoi you're excited about? :emog:

Don't think I want yaoi myself though :erm:

Plus I realise this is the wrong thread...spring hasn't sprung in anime land yet :colondollar: I'm so out of the loop now it's unbelievable
Reply 32
Original post by skipp

Original post by skipp
Is that the new yaoi you're excited about? :emog:

Don't think I want yaoi myself though :erm:

Plus I realise this is the wrong thread...spring hasn't sprung in anime land yet :colondollar: I'm so out of the loop now it's unbelievable

Yeah, it's really exciting. You do want yaoi, you just don't know it yet.
Reply 33
Spring season has started in ernest today! However I'm going to Prague in the morning so probably won't have time to write any 1st impressions posts until Friday/Saturday
Reply 34
Original post by caraniel
Spring season has started in ernest today! However I'm going to Prague in the morning so probably won't have time to write any 1st impressions posts until Friday/Saturday

Have a nice time in Prague, Cara. Lovely city. :smile:
Crunchyroll acquired Steins;Gate earlier. :yes:

Also, as usual I'll be updating my first post in this thread with the series I pick up, on the off chance anyone cares. I've already said so in the ontopic thread, but so far I'll be keeping on Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai and Nichijou.
Reply 36
steins gate was weird :lolwut: that white noise the whole time except during the op was a pain :hmmm: but it was clearly intentional

Hansoku iroha:sad: poor girl with such family:s-smilie:
The UK streaming site Anime On Demand now has Nichijou, Steins;Gate and Deadman Wonderland... All Crunchyroll series. I don't know whether they're available in the UK on Crunchyroll; if they're not then I'm assuming AOD's license is the reason for that. If they are available to UK viewers on Crunchyroll, then they're in for some competition. :hmmmm2:
Reply 38
There! Have managed to mark Hatdance OVA as watched :smile:
Reply 39
Original post by AngryJellyfish
The UK streaming site Anime On Demand now has Nichijou, Steins;Gate and Deadman Wonderland... All Crunchyroll series. I don't know whether they're available in the UK on Crunchyroll; if they're not then I'm assuming AOD's license is the reason for that. If they are available to UK viewers on Crunchyroll, then they're in for some competition. :hmmmm2:

I think only Steins;Gate is unavailable in the UK on Crunchyroll. I haven't signed up to Anime of Demand yet, I don't really want to be paying two subscriptions & Crunchyroll has a much larger library at the moment.

Original post by Juno
There! Have managed to mark Hatdance OVA as watched :smile:

The 1st episode of the TV series is airing on crunchyroll in an hour~! Keep an eye out for downloads later this evening.

Quick Reply

Latest