The Student Room Group

Psychoanalysis-soo you do it?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I do it to myself all the time, gets a bit wearing if I'm honest. I'm not remotely perceptive enough to do it to other people though.
Which part of psychoanalysis do you use? I'm a little confused...
Original post by Destroyviruses
Ooo, you want to be a shrink?

No, not at all.
Yes, I use the word psychoanalysis informally. To mean generally analysing peoples behaviour etc. Like when people call you psychopath but you dont fit the criteria.

To what extent do you read people?

You shouldn't use the word psychoanalysis. You read body language, just like everyone else who has a good social life. Without it, you would be seen as an outcast, a weirdo by others.

Every normal human does it. They just don't realise they do it, as its rather innate due to our social way of life.

I would say few here don't know how to read basic body-language, but when I look in this forum and see all the "I have no friends..." threads being started...
Original post by GodspeedGehenna
No, not at all.

Ah, good for you! Your psychology degree will be very useful being a regular Dr.
Your psychology degree will be very useful being a regular Dr.

I doubt it. But I didn't tell admissions that.
Original post by Alpharius
You shouldn't use the word psychoanalysis. You read body language, just like everyone else who has a good social life. Without it, you would be seen as an outcast, a weirdo by others.

Every normal human does it. They just don't realise they do it, as its rather innate due to our social way of life.

I would say few here don't know how to read basic body-language, but when I look in this forum and see all the "I have no friends..." threads being started...

I am seen as an outcast and a weirdo.

I don't mean reading body language because usually what a person is thinking or whatever. I look at what a person says and in what situation or what choices a person makes. So I dont know what word would be suitable.
I doubt it. But I didn't tell admissions that.

Are you sad?
Original post by Mad Cat Lady
Which part of psychoanalysis do you use? I'm a little confused...

Sorry, I'm not using that word in its actual professional defination.

I'm using it as an informal term for interpreting speech and decisions of a person.
Are you sad?

Nope. I'm very happy thanks.
Original post by Arekkusu
I do it to myself all the time, gets a bit wearing if I'm honest. I'm not remotely perceptive enough to do it to other people though.

It is very wearing to do it to yourself. I avoid that. I do it when I have been with someone for a long time and have nothing better to do.
Nope. I'm very happy thanks.

Is that because your high ?
Is that because your high ?

Nope. u mad?
I am seen as an outcast and a weirdo.

I don't mean reading body language because usually what a person is thinking or whatever. I look at what a person says and in what situation or what choices a person makes. So I dont know what word would be suitable.

You over-analyze people to the point you freak them out then.

Stop doing it.
Nope. u mad?

No, are you pretending to be happy? :biggrin:
No, are you pretending to be happy? :biggrin:

Why would I need to pretend?
Original post by Alpharius
You over-analyze people to the point you freak them out then.

Stop doing it.

Hehe, I never tell them the results! They stay in my head. Unless... well yeah thats rare.
Do you ever psychoanalyse people? I do, alot. It's fun. It's beneficial too because it makes you more tolerant. I give diagnosises(sp?) too. Just in my head not to the face because most people dont really care unless you can treat.

:biggrin:

You guys are so unfuN!

I can't stop it...........its not cool because you can just see through peoples crap :frown:
Reply 38
I don't tend to psychoanalyse people, that's sort of weird. I do like freaking people the **** out with Freud's theory though, and watching them squirm uncomfortably when you talk about the parents is pretty funny.
Why would I need to pretend?

Because, if you know your sad you might not work properly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending