The Student Room Group

Psychoanalysis-soo you do it?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Destroyviruses
Because, if you know your sad you might not work properly.

That doesn't really answer my question.
Hehe, I never tell them the results! They stay in my head. Unless... well yeah thats rare.

Then you are being judgemental.

Quite literally so.
No, but I loathe my partner physcoanalysing me at every oppurtunity. And I mean LOATHE.
Original post by IlexBlue
I don't tend to psychoanalyse people, that's sort of weird. I do like freaking people the **** out with Freud's theory though, and watching them squirm uncomfortably when you talk about the parents is pretty funny.

Lol! I'd have thought everybody knew about that and would just dismiss it quicly and ignore you.

Freudians are incompetent.
Original post by Alpharius
Then you are being judgemental.

Quite literally so.

Yeah, it's fun! If I wasn't judgemental I'd be like most other people, being oversensitive and pissed off.
Reply 45
Lol! I'd have thought everybody knew about that and would just dismiss it quicly and ignore you.

Freudians are incompetent.

No... the people who didn't do A level psychology are pretty gullible when it comes to that kind of thing.
Original post by GodspeedGehenna
That doesn't really answer my question.

Why you need to lie about being happy?

Because your sad but you dont want to admit it and if you dont lie about being happy then you'll remember your sad and then you'll breakdown etc :P
Sorry, I'm not using that word in its actual professional defination.

I'm using it as an informal term for interpreting speech and decisions of a person.

Ahh so not in a Freudian dream analysis free association etc sort of way? So you just sort of.. Watch people?
Original post by IlexBlue
No... the people who didn't do A level psychology are pretty gullible when it comes to that kind of thing.

Haha, I can't remember when I learnt this. But I guess I've always been into psychiatry, despite not having much respect for it.
Original post by Mad Cat Lady
Ahh so not in a Freudian dream analysis free association etc sort of way? So you just sort of.. Watch people?

Haha no, not a freudian. But sometimes do dream analysis with non-sex related results :P

I like you , mad cat lady.
Yeah, it's fun! If I wasn't judgemental I'd be like most other people, being oversensitive and pissed off.

It's also why you are seen as an outcast.

Humans are social animals, and contrary to what apologists will tell you, being anything but social is a bad idea. You will get nowhere for being an introvert.

I hardly ever get pissed off, I am not judgmental. There is absolutely no corrolation between the two.

Stop over-analyzing situations, you're doing yourself no favours.
Original post by HedonisticMe
No, but I loathe my partner physcoanalysing me at every oppurtunity. And I mean LOATHE.

Lol, that sounds fun!
Why you need to lie about being happy?

Because your sad but you dont want to admit it and if you dont lie about being happy then you'll remember your sad and then you'll breakdown etc :P

So why do you feel the need to assume that I am sad based on absolutely no knowledge about me?

Little insulting, isn't it? Is that the extent of your psychoanalytical skills?
Original post by Alpharius
It's also why you are seen as an outcast.

Humans are social animals, and contrary to what apologists will tell you, being anything but social is a bad idea. You will get nowhere for being an introvert.

I hardly ever get pissed off, I am not judgmental. There is absolutely no corrolation between the two.

Stop over-analyzing situations, you're doing yourself no favours.

I'm not really an introvert...I've been called blunt and outspoken. I don't convey results because it usually gets you into trouble but most importantly messes up the observation.
Original post by GodspeedGehenna
So why do you feel the need to assume that I am sad based on absolutely no knowledge about me?

Little insulting, isn't it? Is that the extent of your psychoanalytical skills?

No my psychoanalytical skills are continually expanding.

Are you insulted because I think your sad?
Haha no, not a freudian. But sometimes do dream analysis with non-sex related results :P

I like you , mad cat lady.

Haha why thank you, I like you too! :smile: hey if I ever need one of my extremely bizarre dreams analysing, I'll come right to you man :smile:
No my psychoanalytical skills are continually expanding.

Are you insulted because I think your sad?

Do you think that perhaps you are outcast because you hold the belief that you are capable of deriving inside knowledge of other people (based on absolutely no experience of that person) and then proceed to make judgements based on that pseudo insight?
I'm not really an introvert...I've been called blunt and outspoken. I don't convey results because it usually gets you into trouble but most importantly messes up the observation.

My point still stands, stop over-analyzing everyone.

I am outspoken (if not so blunt), but I am not seen as an outcast. Far from it.

Your over-analysis is probably a factor for your reputation as an outcast/weirdo.
Reply 58
yes i do but i wouldnt really call it psychanalysis more just reading people

its not like im going through thinking "hmm she is laughing at a joke about pupies therefore she must have issues withe her family"

its more of figuring out what people are like
Original post by Mad Cat Lady
Haha why thank you, I like you too! :smile: hey if I ever need one of my extremely bizarre dreams analysing, I'll come right to you man :smile:

Haha! Aslong as my incompetancy doesnt effect your health SURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have bizarre dreams too. I had one in which my friend set herself on fire in a pud with lots of alcohol around. Alcohol is flammable.

Quick Reply

Latest