The Student Room Group

What do you think of guys who never visit the gym?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Megaloblastic

Original post by Megaloblastic
They aren't mutally exculsive numbnuts.

u jelly of my swoleness and mental prowess while you are stuck with just the one?

I didn't say they are now did I? I just called lifting weights trivial. Please don't assume or infer unless I directly state how I feel. I know a lot of smart guys who lift weights and who are stronger than me.

Just because I don't like something doesn't mean I think the people that do it are stupid and/or inferior in any way.
Reply 61
Original post by Bourgeois

Original post by Bourgeois
So basically the question is what do you think of 90% of the male population, right?

It's probably more than that...
Original post by GuyUK
I been going gym since 2007. To be honest, I feel like it's a waste of money, although I only pay £15/month. To me, it's just a hobby and it's better then staying at home doing nothing.

I have seen no improvement in my fitness level and don't see any change in my body, maybe slightly more toned compared to 2007.

I usually do the same routine every time at the gym, maybe that's why I am bored of it.

I haven't read ahead yet, but no doubt the subsquent view would have been asserted prior to to this.

The reason you are seeing no improvement is because you are not challenging your body. You'll never improve if you constantly give your body the same workout. Muscles adapt. So yes, the last four years have been a waste of your time and money.
Reply 63
Original post by Freerider101
Can't afford it, lazy git, doesn't care about image.... etc etc

I have a mind to get girls with instead. I dont care if they can beat me up, I can just wait till they fall asleep :colone:
And in any case I dont need to go the Gym to do my hair. Its not like you walk around shirtless the whole bloody time.

Original post by Rob da Mop
Never been to a gym in my life. It's never posed a problem.

And it never will.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 64
Original post by FinalFlash
Define very often.

This has the potential to be the dumbest thing I've read all week.

Any more than a couple of times a week.

Clearly you do not read much.
Reply 65
Original post by TheCount.
I haven't read ahead yet, but no doubt the subsquent view would have been asserted prior to to this.

The reason you are seeing no improvement is because you are not challenging your body. You'll never improve if you constantly give your body the same workout. Muscles adapt. So yes, the last four years have been a waste of your time and money.

Not challenging my body is not a reason for not seeing improvement. I am just not fit and when I do push myself I get injuried.
Original post by Anonymous
Just wondering. Does it put you off that a guy never goes to the gym and pulls weights/works out? The guy is not fat or anything, he just doesn't have the typically buffed up gym body and would rather spend his time doing other things.

As long as he's fairly fit and healthy, that's fine.

I wouldn't be attracted to a guy more just because he goes to the gym or is very muscular.

I wouldn't say no, but it's not on my priority list. Other things matter more to me.
(edited 13 years ago)
If I'm to put it simply, I don't need to.
Original post by GuyUK
Not challenging my body is not a reason for not seeing improvement. I am just not fit and when I do push myself I get injuried.

Firstly, being fit or not is not an inherited attribute. You work towards it. Secondly, Yes, that is the reason for you not seeing improvement. I don't think you arguement has much credibility when you clearly know very little about building muscle. You've spent the last four years at the gym and haven't changed! The reason you are getting injured is because you have improper technique and/or have failed to work certain muscles and have caused an imbalance, thus becoming prone to injury.
as long as he's not overweight i don't mind :smile:
Reply 70
Original post by Freerider101
Can't afford it, lazy git, doesn't care about image.... etc etc

I know people that have never visited a gym in their lives, yet they have an amazing physique because of their genes. They are also pretty wealthy.
Reply 71
Original post by ukr-nffc
utter ****e

Fellow mod?
Reply 72
Up to them really :P. I personally do weights at home.
Reply 73
I used to go to the gym when I lived at home, did weights, got myself looking more toned. But now I can't afford it/too busy, but I still play football once a week and play tennis once a week. My body has pretty much stayed the same, still got six pack and look toned, so I have no need for the gym any more.

I don't think you can just ask "what do you think of people who don't go to the gym", cos it depends if they're fat, weak, unhealthy looking, etc or if they look fine and you wouldn't know whether they went to the gym or not. Outside exercise is better than the gym anyway, it's more healthy I think!
Reply 74
I wouldn't give a damn. I'd take a guy who doesn't go to the guy over a guy who is obsessed with working out any day.
Original post by GuyUK
I been going gym since 2007. To be honest, I feel like it's a waste of money, although I only pay £15/month. To me, it's just a hobby and it's better then staying at home doing nothing.

I have seen no improvement in my fitness level and don't see any change in my body, maybe slightly more toned compared to 2007.

I usually do the same routine every time at the gym, maybe that's why I am bored of it.

Massive beginners mistake there my friend.

EDIT - I don't understand all the gym hate on TSR especially from the guys. Haters gonna hate I suppose, especially if they're skinny beta's.
(edited 13 years ago)
I'd probably prefer it if they didn't go. There are better ways of exercising - I prefer going for jogs in the local area, playing team sports, going swimming, dancing or walks in the countryside, rather than being in a sweaty hall of mirrors, full of chavs on a running machine while they blast Eric Prydz over the sound system.

Maybe it's just my upbringing, all of my past boyfriends, or guys I've had a crush on, don't use the gym regularly.

The people I know who have gym memberships are:
a) My dad.
b) This insufferable prick who I went to high school with.
That's fine, I don't go to the gym either.

I prefer outdoor sport. :sexface:
Original post by screenager2004
I'd probably prefer it if they didn't go. There are better ways of exercising - I prefer going for jogs in the local area, playing team sports, going swimming, dancing or walks in the countryside, rather than being in a sweaty hall of mirrors, full of chavs on a running machine while they blast Eric Prydz over the sound system.

Maybe it's just my upbringing, all of my past boyfriends, or guys I've had a crush on, don't use the gym regularly.

The people I know who have gym memberships are:
a) My dad.
b) This insufferable prick who I went to high school with.

You're implying people who go to the gym don't play outdoor/other sports as well. For me I got to the gym because I desire to stay in the university rugby team, its a means to an end tbh.
I wouldn't mind, tbh guys are who obsessed with the gym intimidate me as if they're so obsessed with their own body then they're likely to be obsessed with mine...I'd feel very self conscious around them. I went out with someone who was a vegan and went the gym every other day, we weren't allowed to eat places I like such as McDonalds etc...plus when we were in bed together we told me to get rid of my flab :frown: Ultimate self confidence knock.

However no one likes a fatty, I'm not saying I want a guy who eats crap and sits on the couch all day, eating reasonably healthy and staying active is great, as long as it doesn't take over your life.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending