The Student Room Group

Women: Exposing your breasts in public, Is it empowering or exploitating?

Scroll to see replies

Idc about being topless if I'm sunbathing, obviously only with friends though, not family.
But I don't flash just for the hell of it, that's pretty trampy really :/
Reply 21
I think it's quite sad that breasts are so sexualised, and in turn sexuality is so demonised by certain people, that women would feel 'cheap' or 'disgusted' for exposing them.
Reply 22
Original post by Sorani

Original post by Sorani
I think it's quite sad that breasts are so sexualised, and in turn sexuality is so demonised by certain people, that women would feel 'cheap' or 'disgusted' for exposing them.

That's social conditioning for you...
At the end of the day, it's all just flesh and skin, like any other animal.
Original post by QI Elf
I'd rather stick red hot forks in my eyes than expose my breasts in public.

Calling that bluff.
Original post by Dr Pressure
People aren't going to admit it but it's true:

American women are more confident and more sexually liberal than their British counterparts.

I've been to some American House parties, these experiences + the stories I hear about Spring Break, frats and sororities sometimes make me wish I went to "college" in the US. :moon:
I would go to a nude beach - but wouldn't expose my breasts at a festival, or any place where there are lots of people crowding together.
Reply 26
Original post by Sorani

So should sexuality be viewed as something empowering, apathetic or demonised?
Reply 27
Original post by QI Elf
Yes. :smile:

I just fail to see the attraction to either boobs in general or getting them out for people to see.
I fail to see why people would get there boobs out for strangers to see but, I do see why straight men and gay women might find them attractive, don't see why it's sad. Just as quite alot of women get turned on by looking at the body of a guy they'd find attractive.
Original post by -Invidious-
I've been to some American House parties, these experiences + the stories I hear about Spring Break, frats and sororities sometimes make me wish I went to "college" in the US. :moon:

:sad: You could always dream or for the more sad/daring/horny search for 'spring break' on redtube or some other similar website :tongue:
Reply 28
Original post by Journeyzap
I would go to a nude beach - but wouldn't expose my breasts at a festival, or any place where there are lots of people crowding together.
Most beaches I go to there's people crowding together (unless it's dark, cold, or a private beach). Never been to a nude beach before but, I assume it would be the same
Reply 29
Original post by Anonymous
Hey everyone, I was recently staying with some mates in America for Spring Break and whilst I was there partying there were dozens, if not hundreds of times when women (both and sober) exposed their breasts just because some guys wanted them to, or because they wanted to feel the sun on it or for some other reason.

Hello, can you tell me where this was happening? It sounds ace. I would like to go t Spring Break. :colondollar:
Reply 30
Its empowering if you enjoy doing it. But for someone like me who cries at the thought of even a doctor seeing them it would be worse than just exploitation.
I like boobs.
Reply 32
Original post by LizzayBT
i have flashed people a couple of times (on request of course) and i find it empowering. i have generally low self-esteem and poor body image, so i find that getting out of my comfort zone really helps me out. especially since i dont get the reactions i expect to get (i had rather small breasts and i expect negative comments but i always get positive comments).

Expect lots of messages in your inbox now haha
I don't see anything wrong with sunbathing topless if that person feels comfortable doing it.

It doesn't really apply to me though because I avoid the sun like a vampire and wouldn't so much as expose my toes to the sun, let alone my boobs.
Reply 34
It's just plain decency not to. Girls who don't have the restraint and decency not to rip their breasts out every opportunity they get disgust me. The same goes for women who wear very provocative clothing publicly.

Some may claim it's liberating and an expression of emancipation or empowerment for many women, but to me it's quite simply indecent and sickening, fuelling lust and deviance.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 35
Original post by Dr Pressure
People aren't going to admit it but it's true:

American women are more confident and more sexually liberal than their British counterparts.

Could also be worded: "American women are easier than their British counterparts."
Reply 36
I don't understand this modern idea that being a cheap skank is "empowering." And I'm not even just talking about flashing for strangers, but on a wider scale.
It's funny how if a woman exposes herself it's deemed to be 'female empowerment' yet if a man got his penis out in public and waggled it around infront of some girls he'd be called a pervert/creep/insert derogatory word.
Original post by Deadlifts
Most beaches I go to there's people crowding together (unless it's dark, cold, or a private beach). Never been to a nude beach before but, I assume it would be the same

By crowded I didn't mean free of people but rather you don't have people on top of you.

At a Festival or a sports gig it sounds like you are going to be crushed up amongst a load of other people. At nude beaches people tend to mind their own business.
Empowering? Wtf? How?

This just seems like it's trying to persuade girls it's okay for them to get 'em out so we can gorm at 'em.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending