The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Why do people like Nottingham Trent so much?

Hi

I recently posted a thread on here asking peoples opinions of Sheffield hallam and Nottingham Trent universities but almost all people said to go to or liked Nottingham Trent!

My question is simply why?

What are to good and bad points of Nottingham Trent ( Clifton Campus )?

thanks
Typically higher up in league tables, spend per student, student to staff ratio etc.

My mate was deciding between SFH and NTU and decided NTU as Nottingham city is rumoured to be more lively.

If you want good and bad points of clifton (where im hopefully going) go to the NTU forum.
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Notts trent has a good reptation and is high up the league tables. Recently I had Nottingham uni and Notts trent come to my college. There were way more willing applicants who were looking at 3 Bs or two A's and a B in their A2 as opposed to Nottingham uni. trent is supposed to have a great law course apparently as well
Trent university is one of a select few new universities that make it in the top half of all the league tables. Considering most new universities fall towards the bottom, this does make it quite special.

This is its position in the 2011 league tables:

Independent: 49
Guardian: 53
Times: 55

The are approx 120 universities listed in total.

Trent also has one of the best graduate employment rates and of course it's located in Nottingham - one of the top five student friendly cities!
Original post by noggie
Hi

I recently posted a thread on here asking peoples opinions of Sheffield hallam and Nottingham Trent universities but almost all people said to go to or liked Nottingham Trent!

thanks

.... ......
(edited 13 years ago)
VERY lively and student-friendly. Uni is massive with lots of undergrads.

Clifton campus...

Positives:

- Can get away from the hustle and bustle of the city centre.
- BRAND new accommodation being built there.
- Very friendly place to be coz it's self-contained.
- Good bus service.
- Bit of greenary.
- Brand new gym.
- About 3 min from lectures.

Negatives:
- Not so central to the other campus.
- Not on main campus.
- Smaller SU.
Reply 6
But after the first year would you live in the city centre or near the clifton campus? I haven't heard good things about the clifton area, never mind shottingham lol
(edited 13 years ago)
It has a great law course.
Original post by noggie
But after the first year would you live in the city centre or near the clifton campus? I haven't heard good things about the clifton area, never mind shottingham lol

You should decide this based on how early you want to get up, and where most of your lectures are :tongue:

I go UoN, so while I don't know that much about Clifton area (been to Trent-Clifton campus a few time, as have some friends there), then Nottingham as a whole is pretty safe, its just like any city, don't do anything stupid like walk down dark dodgy alleys at night and you will be fine. I haven't had any trouble living here for 2.5 years AND I live in a slightly rougher part here at the moment. I haven't heard anything bad about Clifton, but then I don't know that much about it.
Original post by noggie

Original post by noggie
Hi

thanks

Well considering I had lived in Sheffield for about 6-7 years I went to an open day to Sheffield Hallam University with Sheffield College. In general Sheffield isn't as lively as Nottingham and considering my sister studied at Nottingham Trent she loved it and I do too because it is so lively. My dad worked in Nottingham as a chef and all he could see in the restaurant was so many groups of students. Both Sheffield and Nottingham are quite similar in a way because each city has 2 universities.

From my experience I like Sheffield Hallam because it is a city, but I much more prefer Nottingham Trent because it is a lively city with the city centre have a number of nightclubs...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending