The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 340
Do these election things influence anything in the real world, or is it just a TSR role playing thing?
Original post by No Man
Do these election things influence anything in the real world, or is it just a TSR role playing thing?

Role play :smile:
:ditto:
Original post by No Man

Sorry but that made me lol. ^
I've never taken part in the MHoC but it [the idea] sounds pretty great and appealing. Even if it doesn't influence real life situations, at least you can debate and discuss your own bills, vote on them and just put your ideas forward in general - as opposed to constantly watching real life bills being proposed and discussed without having any real influence. More people should get involved.

Also, voted. :ninja:
Original post by No Man

The latter, mirrors what mooting is to the field of law. But hey, people here could be the politicians of the future. :awesome:
Original post by Teaddict
So when the 13th parliament starts, everything that preceded it (12th and previous) didn't happen as that has been wiped.

No, it just means that the bills have been repealed. They still happened, but they are no longer law.
Reply 347
Original post by Ape Gone Insane

The latter, mirrors what mooting is to the field of law. But hey, people here could be the politicians of the future. :awesome:

Yep, some of the members of the TSR MHoC are actively involved in politics in real life. One in particular is interning with an influential Conservative supporter and radio presenter.
I've never taken part in the MHoC but it [the idea] sounds pretty great and appealing. Even if it doesn't influence real life situations, at least you can debate and discuss your own bills, vote on them and just put your ideas forward in general - as opposed to constantly watching real life bills being proposed and discussed without having any real influence. More people should get involved.

Also, voted. :ninja:

You joined the Labour party, asked what it was all about, posted once and then never again. :colonhash:
Original post by Metrobeans
Yep, some of the members of the TSR MHoC are actively involved in politics in real life. One in particular is interning with an influential Conservative supporter and radio presenter.

Ewwww, rather him/her than me :smile:
Original post by No Man

Yes, the TSR HOC is the third legislative chamber, the bills come to us to vote after the lords, and before royal assent.
Original post by aaran-j
No, it just means that the bills have been repealed. They still happened, but they are no longer law.

I am severely disappointed.
Original post by paddy__power
You joined the Labour party, asked what it was all about, posted once and then never again. :colonhash:

Ah yeah, sorry. That was because I had nothing to contribute at the time, felt ashamed, so thought it better to join a party when I was actually going to make a contribution. Near future hopefully. Apologies. :redface:
Ah yeah, sorry. That was because I had nothing to contribute at the time, felt ashamed, so thought it better to join a party when I was actually going to make a contribution. Near future hopefully. Apologies. :redface:

It's cool, :smile:
Original post by Metrobeans
The poll is open for 10 days and those of you who have been here over 3 months and have more than 150 posts can vote.

So... the poll closes the day that I would be eligible to vote?
Just my luck.
Original post by fibrebiz
So... the poll closes the day that I would be eligible to vote?
Just my luck.

Dread :frown:
Is it conceivable that in another 4 days we could hit 1000 votes...
Original post by Student2806
Is it conceivable that in another 4 days we could hit 1000 votes...

I hope we do. It would be a good achievement.
When the poll has five hours left I think we should send another reminder mass message.
Reply 359
what happened to the WTF party?

Latest

Trending

Trending