The Student Room Group

Love shy guys :)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by vpsycho
Oh lots of little things...the only thing I can think of on the top of my head is how mysterious shy girls are. There's actually a girl I'm trying to pursue at the moment but I guess shyness works against me too. :h:

I wish I could get inside their heads and find out more about them though. lol

What makes someone mysterious is it the not talking thing and wanting to know more, the chase, the independent quality.

I want to know other things that you like about shy girls :h:

Girls are very simple, but then again I think like a girl so I understand them better, but there are those manipulative, 2 faced bitches that you should avoid :unimpressed:
Reply 21
Original post by Casshern1456
I'm a shy guy??:tongue:

Care to elaborate further any particular reason that you are shy.:redface:
Reply 22
Original post by ForeverGold
What makes someone mysterious is it the not talking thing and wanting to know more, the chase, the independent quality.

I want to know other things that you like about shy girls :h:

Girls are very simple, but then again I think like a girl so I understand them better, but there are those manipulative, 2 faced bitches that you should avoid :unimpressed:

I like shy girls simply because they are more like me. Girls who are quiet are so much better to be around, have as company.

Btw, you said in your OP that you talk to the guy you like about work. Doesn't your convos ever move beyond work? How much do you talk to him? How? In person, phone call, text, fb?
(edited 13 years ago)
Waaaay too long.
I'd love to respond to this thread but I'm far too shy.
Reply 25
Original post by itsamemario666
OK... so let me get this straight. This is who you like?

:ahee: My perfect .......wait......................

Where's the stubble :eyeball:

do not want :hand:
Original post by HistoryRepeating
Cool story Bruh

Pics or GTFO

that was just dumb :tongue:
Reply 27
Original post by Hey TSR
I like shy girls simply because they are more like me. Girls who are quiet are so much better to be around, have as company.

Btw, you said in your OP that you talk to the guy you like about work. Doesn't your convos ever move beyond work? How much do you talk to him? How? In person, phone call, text, fb?

Well it's hard to get him on his own since he normally comes in then leaves once he's done he's a bit like me that he just gets on with it and goes. I don't want to disturb him when he's doing his work because I don't want him to think I'm annoying or worse clingy.

Doesn't your convos ever move beyond work
There's a lot of people in are course and people love being nosy and start gossip, plus there's a lot of cock blockers guy and girls that like to ruin our conversations so I never get to talk to him more about personal stuff.

How much do you talk to him?
I only talk to him about once a week it depends if I see him and he's not talking with the tutors he runs away a lot :frown:.

How?
Using my mouth :ahee:
He doesn't have fb and I don't have his phone number, I've never been in a situation where I've needed his number.

Have I answered enough questions for you? :h:
Reply 28
Original post by SayonaraSamm
I'd love to respond to this thread but I'm far too shy.

:rofl:

I'm sure shy people are more likely to be very confident online.

Are you really shy or you just saying it for the lols :redface:
Reply 29
Well it's hard to get him on his own since he normally comes in then leaves once he's done he's a bit like me that he just gets on with it and goes. I don't want to disturb him when he's doing his work because I don't want him to think I'm annoying or worse clingy.

Doesn't your convos ever move beyond work
There's a lot of people in are course and people love being nosy and start gossip, plus there's a lot of cock blockers guy and girls that like to ruin our conversations so I never get to talk to him more about personal stuff.

How much do you talk to him?
I only talk to him about once a week it depends if I see him and he's not talking with the tutors he runs away a lot :frown:.

How?
Using my mouth :ahee:
He doesn't have fb and I don't have his phone number, I've never been in a situation where I've needed his number.

Have I answered enough questions for you? :h:

That's the thing, get his number so you can be in touch with him outside of uni (or wherever you see him). I know its gonna be tough to ask for his number, but it'll help a lot in getting to know him better. There may not be a need for it but Im sure you dont need the numbers of all the people in your contact list.
(edited 13 years ago)
:confused:
(edited 13 years ago)

mainly have female siblings (I thought it would be the opposite but maybe because they are likely to be more sensitive)

It is the opposite? At least according the Wikipedia article on love-shyness.

Gilmartin had found only 14% of the self-confident university-age non-shy men had no sister around while growing up, as opposed to 59% of the university-aged love-shy men, with 71% of the 35-50 year-old love-shy men never having had a sister

I don't have a sister and I fit a few other of the descriptors (not all) you listed. OP, I think the guy you are showing, or at least trying to show an interest in, is secretly loving the attention. He may not be showing it and it will take a while for him to do so, but I do think he's enjoying it, I know I would.

I do agree with people who have commented already about how your boy may think you're joking at first.
Reply 32
Original post by sr90
OP, the guy you mentioned is EXACTLY what i was like two years ago. Looking angry even when i'm fine, staring at people, having loads of female friends, often on my own, heavy smoker. I honestly checked the date to make sure someone hadn't bumped this thread from 2009 and it was originally about me! I can relate to a lot of those points you made too..

He may look pissed off but you can't tell for sure unless you go up and talk to him. Since he's painfully shy you'll probably have to initiate conversation all the time but eventually he'll open up to you and you can go from there. :smile: Its pointless telling him you like him right away as he'll probably assume you are joking or feel sorry for him.

I met a girl in a similiar situation you're in through mutual friends and she did wonders for my confidence.. i'm a really confident person nowadays and she played a massive part in that. Getting a shy person to open up is bloody hard work but more often then not its totally worth the effort. Give it a go. :smile:

Shy girl comments are spot on btw. There's definitely something about them. :sogood:

Awww :cute: are you and the girl still together? If so how long?

Yeah I want him to get out of his shell but I don't to force it. He is getting better though he must of said something to the tutor during seminars and I looked at him surprised because I've never heard him talk in seminars before. I was so proud of him and even smiled.:colondollar: (I sound like a loser)
:rofl:

I'm sure shy people are more likely to be very confident online.

Are you really shy or you just saying it for the lols :redface:

Eh, bit of both. Mainly for ze lulz.
Reply 34
Theres a difference between shy guyz and ones staying quiet due to the things yuve listed. :smile:
Reply 35
Original post by historyrepeating

Original post by historyrepeating
your insecurity, eagerness to please and sugestability mainly.

****ing rated
Reply 36
Original post by Hey TSR
That's the thing, get his number so you can be in touch with him outside of uni (or wherever you see him). I know its gonna be tough to ask for his number, but it'll help a lot in getting to know him better. There may not be a need for it but Im sure you dont need the numbers of all the people in your contact list.

No! I can't, I'll look desperate I can't take rejection very well. At least if we work together or something then it would be a lot easier to get his number.
I've been in that situation before and the person was like "why do you want it?" giving me a :eyebrow: look

And yes the people on my contact list I needed their numbers :P
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 37

-mainly have female siblings (I thought it would be the opposite but maybe because they are likely to be more sensitive)
-more violent fantasies
-were very pessimistic and cynical about the world
-were much more likely to believe that nobody cared about them
-Some might stare compulsively at women with whom they were infatuated or even stalk them
-More likely to be friends with females
-frequent feelings of depression, loneliness and alienation
-addictions of various types
-School bullying
-Parental upbringing including verbal abuse, criticism, 'put-downs', negative comparisons From Teachers.
-love shy heterosexual males are assumed to be homosexual, so homosexual guys are likely to make advances on them but they get rejected.

I am, though not afraid to admit it.
'm 20, never had a girlfriend or anything... Im sure something will come along one day...
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 38
Just from the title, you've probably come to the right place here..
Reply 39
Original post by Fandabidoze!
It is the opposite? At least according the Wikipedia article on love-shyness.

Gilmartin had found only 14% of the self-confident university-age non-shy men had no sister around while growing up, as opposed to 59% of the university-aged love-shy men, with 71% of the 35-50 year-old love-shy men never having had a sister

I don't have a sister and I fit a few other of the descriptors (not all) you listed. OP, I think the guy you are showing, or at least trying to show an interest in, is secretly loving the attention. He may not be showing it and it will take a while for him to do so, but I do think he's enjoying it, I know I would.

I do agree with people who have commented already about how your boy may think you're joking at first.

It's seems to be both but I mean university aged guys not 35-50 year old men. :redface:
I think that's more to do with gender roles changing through the years. Since older generations had different views to women compared to today, that generation got married in their late teens early twenties not surprised they were shy.
Our generation there's too many signs, mixed messages and head games people play :confused:

Why would he think I'm joking I've never laughed at him? There's no reason to be joking he's the smartest on the course, a nice person , good looking (in my eyes). He's just very shy. :cute:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending