The Student Room Group

Psychoanalysis-soo you do it?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by GodspeedGehenna

Original post by GodspeedGehenna
Not happy =/= sad.

What you are essentially doing is conjuring up some predetermined belief about someone based on absolutely nothing and then refusing to be disproven despite counter-evidence provided by the individual. Typical psychodynamic bull****.

Additionally, dream interpretation is utter nonsense. Dreams are meaningless, nothing but the by-product of random neural activity stemming from the brainstem and projecting to areas of the hippocampus and amygdala, top-down interpreted by residual activity in the cortex.

For some reason in picturing the OP in real life I see this:

No thanks Trelawney, no thanks.
Original post by Kaykiie
For some reason in picturing the OP in real life I see this:

No thanks Trelawney, no thanks.

Almost. But no crystalball! :P
Original post by Destroyviruses
It's no fun analysing your own dreams.

I'd say you are afraid subconsiously that when you achieve your goals you will be very disapponted to find that you aren't pleased like you expected to be. And infact are worse of than you initially were. You want things to slow down but can't help yourself.

Hmm that sounds... vaguely true. I do tend to force myself into things when I'm not ready (in the most un-rude way possible :tongue:) and I do often worry all my efforts in exams and uni and stuff will still do nothing for my future. But isnt it possible that dreams are just compilations of random thoughts flying around your head, rather than there being a particular message behind them?
Original post by Mad Cat Lady
Hmm that sounds... vaguely true. I do tend to force myself into things when I'm not ready (in the most un-rude way possible :tongue:) and I do often worry all my efforts in exams and uni and stuff will still do nothing for my future. But isnt it possible that dreams are just compilations of random thoughts flying around your head, rather than there being a particular message behind them?

Well , to me compilations of random thoughts are the best messages. Because you know you best.

The whole field of psychiatry is about telling people what they've told them but didn't realise it. Or should be.
Well , to me compilations of random thoughts are the best messages. Because you know you best.

The whole field of psychiatry is about telling people what they've told them but didn't realise it. Or should be.

Hehe I wouldn't know, I don't really know anything about psychiatry, never understood it :tongue: I'm an aspiring psychologist myself :smile:
Original post by Mad Cat Lady
Hehe I wouldn't know, I don't really know anything about psychiatry, never understood it :tongue: I'm an aspiring psychologist myself :smile:

Really? Well, I'm a huge fan of Rufus May after watching that documentary. I think you'd find it very intriguing.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-doctor-who-hears-voices/4od

I wouldn't want to practice psychology/psychiatry professionally myself, I get easily fatigued by the simplest of conversations.Also I prefer molecules and atoms!
Reply 86
Oh yes, it's so much fun.
Original post by Nepene
Oh yes, it's so much fun.

Really!! ?
Reply 88
Really!! ?

Imagine social interaction as the most complicated scientific system known to man. It is your job to quantify it, research it, and use it to your advantage. Good luck.
Original post by Nepene
Imagine social interaction as the most complicated scientific system known to man. It is your job to quantify it, research it, and use it to your advantage. Good luck.

I wouldn't say its the most complicated. In fact it's barely complicated at all.
i love trying to figure out why people act how they act. i usually convince myself i am right. but there's possibilities i could be wrong.
but i usually am right with people i get to know well.

i analyse myself too. i'm brutally honest, and point out all my flaws to myself. then realise i don't really know how to change, and there are reasons why i am like this, so just accept it, or wait til you gradually find the ability to change.
Yes, there lots of different typed of stupidity and the type you are yourself is the type you don't find hardest to see.

What!? Could you rephrase that? All I could read was "type"...

Btw, you asked, I answered if you don't like it **** off.
Original post by idontthinkso
What!? Could you rephrase that? All I could read was "type"...

Btw, you asked, I answered if you don't like it **** off.

Who said I didn't like it, I think you misunderstood me.

I mean like there are lots of different ways in which someone can be stupid. They can be a genius in one way but an idiot in another.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending