The Student Room Group

Why are so many people scared of rejection?

Yea i just dont understand why.... i've been rejected before in the past and you just have to move on and find some one who likes you for who you are lol!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Trying to come up with a new plan is never easy.
Reply 2
Cause it hurts - like a b1tch!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3
No wonder you got rejected, you are an idiot.
Reply 4
I don't know whats worse, being rejected by a girl or being rejected for medicine
Because it's never fun and hurts your self-confidence, I thought that would have been obvious?
it wwould hurt, and be embarrassing/awkward
Because everyone wants to feel accepted
It's more afarid of being rejected AND looking like a fool in front the girl, her mates and your mates for even thinking that you had a chance with her.
Personally i can deal with rejection, that's life. What bothers me and what i can't deal with is being igonored and not treated like a human after the incident has passed.
Because no one wants to be told, i dont like you. It makes you wonder what is so wrong with you that they can't possibly be around you...
Erm....because it hurts and is embarrassing. Plus, it does wonders for your confidence.
At the moment I'm lonely and miserable.

Post rejection I'm still lonely & miserable, but now I'm also rejected and all the effort that went into asking someone out is now wasted as my confidence is shot back down to zero. And I'm now embarrassed as all hell and can't be in the same room as that person in the future (possibly forcing a change in modules/job/places i go depending on where I knew them from).

I don't need that extra ****.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by AnJuM218
I don't know whats worse, being rejected by a girl or being rejected for medicine

well after going through both multiple times i can now tell you the awnser is

girl

this is due to not having to see the medical school the next day

this
Reply 14
Original post by Neomaster121
well after going through both multiple times i can now tell you the awnser is

girl

this is due to not having to see the medical school the next day

You may be right.

I've never been rejected by a girl (cos i never have had the confidence to ask one out) but i have received 4 rejections for medcine, it was a hard blow but at least i can try again.
Reply 15
You may be right.

I've never been rejected by a girl (cos i never have had the confidence to ask one out) but i have received 4 rejections for medcine, it was a hard blow but at least i can try again.

I remember UCAS and the Interview days.. it was so scary... but i got into Nottingham so I was happy!
I'm not scared of rejection, because it's as sure as the sun rising and setting each day.

Hence I just let others have a go.
You may be right.

Yea same thing happened last year with me and after a gap i got in so good luck to you with what ever you decide

And you can always try again with girls so don't let that be the reason you don't ask them out after the first week or two of not talking to them/avoidance things brighten up :biggrin:
Reply 18
I was on the bus a few days ago and just as I was getting off, the girl who had been sitting opposite me for the 2 hour journey tapped me on the shoulder and handed me a piece of paper with her name and number on it. I was so shocked because I thought those things only happened in movies! Her courage was definitely to be admired because I don't know if I would had the balls to do what she did! It really got me thinking though...with text messaging, email, facebook, skype etc, its so much easier nowadays to 'put yourself out there' and the taste of rejection may not be so bitter when the person isn't standing directly in front of you!

Anyway...back to the girl...I gladly took the paper and gave her a smile, but I can't say I was attracted to her (as brief as the encounter was!). I'm afraid the initial attraction just wasn't there.... BUT...the moral of the story: we need more people like her!!
Putting "lol" at the end of a post that isn't in any way funny makes the poster sound a bit psychotic.
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending