The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Kings College EMDP?

Okay here it goes,

Im planning on applying for the Extended Medicl Degree Programme at Kings College. I dont know if i should or not, it has lower grade boundaries but only 50 places which runs for 6 years..
Anyone applied and got a place? if so, can you give me more information about it please?

thanks! :biggrin:
Reply 1
Original post by MedicSoon!
Okay here it goes,

Im planning on applying for the Extended Medicl Degree Programme at Kings College. I dont know if i should or not, it has lower grade boundaries but only 50 places which runs for 6 years..
Anyone applied and got a place? if so, can you give me more information about it please?

thanks! :biggrin:

im also someone who will be applying for this course... but no one has replied :frown:

i would like to know their profiles and what was the strongest factor in their application??? anyone that has applied for this course and has been sucessfull???
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by rukan
im also someone who will be applying for this course... but no one has replied :frown:

i would like to know their profiles and what was the strongest factor in their application??? anyone that has applied for this course and has been sucessfull???

I wouldn't be able to identify the single "strongest factor" but what I found common was the volunteering and other medically/people-centred jobs that most of us have/had.

Not everyone got amazing grades nevertheless everyone has shown perseverance to do well academically.
Reply 3
I have just finished first year and along with all my friends, we love the course!! the conventional 5 years that we know all want to be on our course.. everyone knows each other, and the older years help you out so much. with such small year groups, there is a great family feeling. I got A*AA and I wouldn't even do the 5 year course if I had the chance! its great!!!
Reply 4
I was thinking of applying to the EMDP this year, but I don't know if I'll be able to, I live just outside London, (Kingston) in Surrey, it's practically on the border of london and surrey :frown:
Should I still give it a go...?
I'm waiting till my AS results - if I do well, as in AAA, I'll still apply for straight med, maybe EMDP, but if I don't do as well, say ABB, or something, then I'll do EMDP, Southampton's BM6 and 3 Biomed's around London :smile:
Sound like an alright plan? Any advice?
Reply 5
Hi, im currently taking the Access to HE Diploma in Medicine and dentistry @ Lambeth college, I have been looking at routes into medicine. During my GSCE's there were domestic issues which saw my focus on education crumble, resulting in poor grades, so i took a year out and decided to do the access course, i am now wishing to apply for the EMDP at kings and the 5 year medicine Degree @ St Georges univeristy London, my academic ability has excelled even though its not good to blame failure on situations but my grades for this level 3 course have shocked even my past tutors who even told me on results day, "that i should give up and consider working full time" so to get to the point, Is the EMDP a course i should apply for ive looked on the web and there is not much info as to what the requirements are as far as the access course i have done a total of 30 weeks of work expereince, throughout Ealing Hospital, The barts and the London Hospitals, and the portland road practice and i am currently in the selection process of becoming a special police constable (volunteer).

any comments will be much appreciated.

Many thanks :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest