The Student Room Group

French Oral AS

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by jackyblueyes
im not going to lie, it was difficult but i spoke for all of the required time of ten minutes and hopefully i will get a good grade. my teacher said that she would be surprised if i dont get atleast a C. :smile:

Ahhh that's really good, well done!! :smile:

What exam board are you with?
Everyone's said everything you can use. And so long as you don't use the same one every time, you'll be fine.
I had my AS Oral yesterday, and it was fine. It's not too hard, the examiner will put you at ease.
Good luck.
Original post by Music22
Ahhh that's really good, well done!! :smile:

What exam board are you with?

edexcel.... i think haha
Reply 23
I did mine Tuesday. I spoke for the whole time, got a lot of complex tenses in, but I know I've made some mistakes with occasional pauses. I don't get how they mark it, it's so obscure!
Reply 24
Original post by knit-knots
I did mine Tuesday. I spoke for the whole time, got a lot of complex tenses in, but I know I've made some mistakes with occasional pauses. I don't get how they mark it, it's so obscure!

What kind of complex sentences? Mine's on monday so stressing a bit!

Also, which exam board are you on?
Reply 25
Original post by Music22
What kind of complex sentences? Mine's on monday so stressing a bit!

Also, which exam board are you on?

i said 'tenses' not 'sentences', but i got them in,too. Stuff like subjunctive and specific vocab. AQA.
Reply 26
it seems really awful in the days before the speaking exam but trust me,
when it gets to you it's nowhere near as scary as you imagined
the time usually just flies by!
I often try to get some french idiomatic phrases in to seem a little more 'french' if you get my meaning,
good luck to all! (:
Reply 27
Original post by superbeff!
it seems really awful in the days before the speaking exam but trust me,
when it gets to you it's nowhere near as scary as you imagined
the time usually just flies by!
I often try to get some french idiomatic phrases in to seem a little more 'french' if you get my meaning,
good luck to all! (:

Thanks a lot! :smile:
My exam is tomorrow and just want it to be over and done with now aha!
Reply 28
Original post by Music22

Bonne chance! :smile:

Mine isn't until the second week of May, so I suppose I'm quite lucky in that respect. It just gives me more time to stress though. D:
Reply 29
Original post by Music22

aaaw no problem, bonne chancee! (:
Reply 30
Original post by Dusty12
Bonne chance! :smile:

Mine isn't until the second week of May, so I suppose I'm quite lucky in that respect. It just gives me more time to stress though. D:

Bonnce chance with your exam too! :smile: (bit of franglais there aha)
French oral, eh :sexface:
Reply 32
Original post by hxecute
French oral, eh :sexface:

oh dear.. :P
Original post by Music22
Hi all!

My french oral's coming up soon and I'm just wondering if any of you have got any good ways of saying 'i think' apart from things like 'je pense' and 'je crois' and 'je dirais'... my teacher suggested 'je suis de l'opnion que' so any others like that would be good??

I just don't want to be repeating myself! :smile:
Thanks

p.s. any advice for not being nervous/ general tips would be good! :smile:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Advanced-French-Vocabulary-Second/dp/0748757805/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1302645126&sr=8-1

2 fantastic books that helped me get 100% in my AS. Also I would use interlex. They are fantastic for vocab, and it would be less than £15 well spent!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 35
Original post by paul_blakeman
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Advanced-French-Vocabulary-Second/dp/0748757805/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1302645126&sr=8-1

2 fantastic books that helped me get 100% in my AS. Also I would use interlex. They are fantastic for vocab, and it would be less than £15 well spent!

Thanks, will definitely have to look into getting those, lots of people have recommended the Mot a Mot book! :smile:
Original post by Music22
Thanks, will definitely have to look into getting those, lots of people have recommended the Mot a Mot book! :smile:

Yeah, that one had the more advanced vocabulary in, but if you can afford it I would get both. It is worth it, and you can use them in 2nd year too, assuming you carry on French to A2!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending