The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Glee Society... No Future Spoilers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by diamonddust
Thank God someone agrees with me. If I'm being entirely honest, I didn't like Lea's voice for ages as Rachel, and I REALLY didn't like her voice in Spring Awakening and that's very different from her 'Rachel' voice. She has a fantastic belt, it's true but I'm easily bored! Probably why I liked the Warbler intervention so much haha! It's a credit to Lea that she manages to make Rachel sort of endearing at times but I hate the faux emotion in all of Rachel's songs and the way she acts like she's crying all the time. I think Lea Michele is a fantastic actress so I know all of that is Rachel but damn, if I don't want to hurt someone when Rachel sings her 10th billionth song that sounds exactly the same as all the others...

I'm sorry, guys! I know pretty much everyone in the entire world loves her but I get bored during the ballads and the belting gets old very quickly. I don't know who else I'd rather sing but I didn't like how the 'group' songs become Rachel/Finn songs. OS spoiler

Spoiler

Stuff like that annoys me. Mr Schue totally enables it though but then he also lets the group bully her which is horrible. Mr Schue sucks, basically! :tongue: Isn't show choir about everyone and not one person getting the bulk of the solos for two years straight? Oh and Papa Can You Hear Me annoyed me because she was singing to KURT's dad when he was in hospital. And all I could think is, yeah it's your friend's dad but you have no reason to sing to him when you're probably not even close to him. Let his SON sing to him! But then we got I Wanna Hold Your Hand so... :tongue:
Don't Stop Believing is the most annoying Glee song ever. I have a soft spot for it because it was the first hit but I couldn't even sit through it when it aired because the singing annoyed me! :facepalm:

I know I sound like a right complainer and I do honestly adore Glee but I get annoyed by Rachel's overuse when there are other people who hardly sing like Mercedes and Tina and Santana with amazing voices. I think it's getting better now though...

/rant

Sorry... :blush: Sorry e hine e and other Rachel fans! Please don't hate me!

I think the thing in bold is a little bit of an understatement :p: ...although it is nice to have a change and Blaine/Darren Criss is a really good singer.

I'm not a Rachel hater, but I don't love her either. Lea does play her so well though :smile: I've started liking her more recently though after she sang Need You Now because her voice was soft and mellow :biggrin:
Original post by ScottishShortiex
I think the thing in bold is a little bit of an understatement :p: ...although it is nice to have a change and Blaine/Darren Criss is a really good singer.

I'm not a Rachel hater, but I don't love her either. Lea does play her so well though :smile: I've started liking her more recently though after she sang Need You Now because her voice was soft and mellow :biggrin:

LMAO, yeah I suppose it is! :biggrin:

Believe it or not, I don't hate Rachel. :eek3: I hate the fact she's so OTT and overused... but not her (incredibly annoying) character. :biggrin: I just like ranting haha! :colondollar:
LMAO, yeah I suppose it is! :biggrin:

Believe it or not, I don't hate Rachel. :eek3: I hate the fact she's so OTT and overused... but not her (incredibly annoying) character. :biggrin: I just like ranting haha! :colondollar:

Agreed :yes:

Thank God someone agrees with me. If I'm being entirely honest, I didn't like Lea's voice for ages as Rachel, and I REALLY didn't like her voice in Spring Awakening and that's very different from her 'Rachel' voice. She has a fantastic belt, it's true but I'm easily bored! Probably why I liked the Warbler intervention so much haha! It's a credit to Lea that she manages to make Rachel sort of endearing at times but I hate the faux emotion in all of Rachel's songs and the way she acts like she's crying all the time. I think Lea Michele is a fantastic actress so I know all of that is Rachel but damn, if I don't want to hurt someone when Rachel sings her 10th billionth song that sounds exactly the same as all the others...

I'm sorry, guys! I know pretty much everyone in the entire world loves her but I get bored during the ballads and the belting gets old very quickly. I don't know who else I'd rather sing but I didn't like how the 'group' songs become Rachel/Finn songs. OS spoiler

Spoiler

Stuff like that annoys me. Mr Schue totally enables it though but then he also lets the group bully her which is horrible. Mr Schue sucks, basically! :tongue: Isn't show choir about everyone and not one person getting the bulk of the solos for two years straight? Oh and Papa Can You Hear Me annoyed me because she was singing to KURT's dad when he was in hospital. And all I could think is, yeah it's your friend's dad but you have no reason to sing to him when you're probably not even close to him. Let his SON sing to him! But then we got I Wanna Hold Your Hand so... :tongue:
Don't Stop Believing is the most annoying Glee song ever. I have a soft spot for it because it was the first hit but I couldn't even sit through it when it aired because the singing annoyed me! :facepalm:

I know I sound like a right complainer and I do honestly adore Glee but I get annoyed by Rachel's overuse when there are other people who hardly sing like Mercedes and Tina and Santana with amazing voices. I think it's getting better now though...

/rant

Sorry... :blush: Sorry e hine e and other Rachel fans! Please don't hate me!

I *gasp* totally agree with you that her voice is overused, especially now we're into the second season and have heard more of other voices which can more than hold their own (Santana especially) but even in the first it annoyed me that she got to sing so much because a) every solo should have been Kurt's and b) every solo should have been Kurt's. It also means that she's singing songs not always suited to her voice and it takes the shine of those that do really suit her as you're so fed up by the time they come around. As much as I love Rachel and Lea Michele I skip through a lot of her songs when rewatching episodes. I do not skip through Kurt's. I love Kurt. I understand why they used her a lot at first, when they started the series they wanted a male and female lead probably to appeal to a mass audience and they wanted definite lead vocalists but as the show is about a Glee club and the other characters have proved so popular they really need to start giving other people a chance (apparently she's not in episode 18 much as she was filming a movie at the time). Sanatana and Mercedes' duet was especially good I thought, plus they've got Blaine (who I can only hope gets more as

Spoiler

and Kurt (who needs to get more show tunes).

My mum hates the character of Rachel and she always goes on about how annoying the actress is and I have to remind her that that's her character and not Lea :rofl: she's supposed to be that irritating.

Bet I know which scenes...:tongue:
I think I need more help than you, I've been watching bits of OS everyday since it aired... and if not that, I've been watching Darren songs on youtube and falling more in love with him (and Joe Walker) and reading lots of fanfic to pass the time... I give up on myself, I really do! I've been obsessed with things before (*ahem*) but never this much!

I have a love-hate thing with Rachel. Most times I hate her because she reminds me so much of my awful qualities and it annoys me that she seems to sing all the frigging time, yes I know her voice is amazing but it just annoys me that she loves taking over EVERYTHING (Papa Can You Hear Me? in Grilled Cheezus was my biggest I-want-to-punch-you moment ever, if you can believe it...) but I'm starting to love her now because she's mellowing and she's not a narcissistic annoyance 100% of the time anymore.

Scary!Quinn! mwhahhaha!
I think Finn should be single too... I actually think most of ND should be! The relationship musical chair thing drives me a bit mad. :tongue:

Why? *is genuinely confused* :tongue:

I refuse to believe I'm that predictable :tongue: oh and I forgot to put in my post up there, Rachel shouldn't sing so much in competition, it irritates me that it's supposed to be show choir. At least with the Warblers everyone's on stage even if it's just doowapping and dancing around doing hand actions.

If I don't start doing anything else I'm going to start thinking I am in the Glee club, I can already feel myself wanting to get up and go to McKinley on a morning :wink: I've made a start, this morning I was reading and managed not to come on the internet until now. I hope I didn't miss any spoilers.

WHY AM I NOT A MILLIONAIRE??

http://www.charityfolks.com/cfauctions/AuctionBid.html?AuctionItemId=20821&type=toppicks

You and a friend will enjoy lunch in Los Angeles with Darren Criss, Blaine from the cast of GLEE!

Darren Criss is a passionate actor/musician/songwriter who has—in the course of one year—gone from YouTube sensation to a 4-time Billboard charting musician and composer to joining the cast of FOX's Emmy® Award-winning series Glee. He currently stars as Blaine Anderson, a charismatic and openly-gay student from a rival glee club, the Dalton Academy Warblers. Criss’ breakout performance of Katy Perry's “Teenage Dream” in his first episode set a milestone for Glee, debuting at #1 on Billboard for the first time in the show’s history and selling over 200,000 tracks in its first week.

Quickly emerging as one the most promising actors and musicians of his generation, Criss made his television debut in 2009 as Josh Burton on ABC’s Eastwick, with Rebecca Romijn, Lindsay Price and Jaime Ray Newman, and also appeared in CBS’ Cold Case.

Expiration Date: 12/31/2011

FML, seriously. Though I'd probably be a freak, I wouldn't be able to eat a thing and I'd witter on like an idiot...

:rofl: I'd never go to anything like that, I'd feel way too self conscious :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
I'm dying with actual ACTUAL LOOOOOOOL! :rofl:

Has spoilers for the latest US promos and unaired UK eps and quite a bit of swearing.

*sings moveee bitch, get out the way!* :rofl:

I've just realised how inadvertently gansta Blaine is! :biggrin:

http://cutsandpastes.tumblr.com/post/4390661666/move-bitch-get-out-of-blaines-way-inspired-by
(edited 13 years ago)

I'm dying with actual ACTUAL LOOOOOOOL! :rofl:

Has spoilers for the latest US promos and unaired UK eps and quite a bit of swearing.

*sings moveee bitch, get out the way!* :rofl:

I've just realised how inadvertently gansta Blaine is! :biggrin:

http://cutsandpastes.tumblr.com/post/4390661666/move-bitch-get-out-of-blaines-way-inspired-by

:rofl: did you see the one yesterday from the Glee forum where a floating 'courage' bopped along the screen halfway through? People have so much more creativity than me lol
Someone just posted a link to a livejournal thread for OS over on the Glee forum to look at reactions to the

Spoiler

so I thought I'd see where our reaction was on here-it started on page 73, now we're on 105, we've managed to get through about a third of the threads entire length in 3 weeks :eek3:
Original post by e hine e
:rofl: did you see the one yesterday from the Glee forum where a floating 'courage' bopped along the screen halfway through? People have so much more creativity than me lol

OMG yes! It was the backwards floating courage that set me off! So random and so hilarious! :biggrin:
I loved your fanvid so hush, you! :tongue:

Someone just posted a link to a livejournal thread for OS over on the Glee forum to look at reactions to the

Spoiler

so I thought I'd see where our reaction was on here-it started on page 73, now we're on 105, we've managed to get through about a third of the threads entire length in 3 weeks :eek3:

LMAO! Do I even want to know how many of those posts were me drooling over Darren Criss or screaming expletives? :tongue:

Spoiler

OMG yes! It was the backwards floating courage that set me off! So random and so hilarious! :biggrin:
I loved your fanvid so hush, you! :tongue:

LMAO! Do I even want to know how many of those posts were me drooling over Darren Criss or screaming expletives? :tongue:

I *think* it was most of them :tongue:

It is fun to read them again though-I was smiling like I was that night after going through them on this thread and the glee forum.

*goes on amazon to purchase a life*
(edited 13 years ago)
I ventured out of this thread yesterday and posted on one thread a post which got 10 reps, plus I got one personal rep for having Soul Sister in my sig. I'm pretty sure this thread improves the quality of my TSR posting. Given that I can spam in here and only attempt to look at topics I actually know about...kind of.
Reply 2071
Hi guys! I haven't had internet for the past days so I'm reading all of this with a delay - but how AMAZING was the new promo??! :woo: I honestly don't know how I'll get through next week, I need new episodes now! And I think that the best bit (and I'm sure we all agree on what the best bit was :tongue:) will be for the episode airing on the 26th. Three weeks never felt like such a lifetime!

I tried to take a break from Glee and watched some other films, listened to different music, but it didn't work :no: I'm just too obsessed. Who was I before I watched Glee?? :redface:

Original post by Ambs
Hi guys! I haven't had internet for the past days so I'm reading all of this with a delay - but how AMAZING was the new promo??! :woo: I honestly don't know how I'll get through next week, I need new episodes now! And I think that the best bit (and I'm sure we all agree on what the best bit was :tongue:) will be for the episode airing on the 26th. Three weeks never felt like such a lifetime!

I tried to take a break from Glee and watched some other films, listened to different music, but it didn't work :no: I'm just too obsessed. Who was I before I watched Glee?? :redface:

Apparently that is in the next episode so only in just under two weeks :woo:

Spoiler

I've tried taking a break too, it lasts about an hour then I'm back. I don't even know how I used to exist to be honest! I know the time will pass quicker if I find something to do and distract myself but I can't. It's addictive, I think I need therapy (a bit like Mr.Schue for his vest wearing :biggrin:).
Reply 2073
Apparently that is in the next episode so only in just under two weeks :woo:

Spoiler

I've tried taking a break too, it lasts about an hour then I'm back. I don't even know how I used to exist to be honest! I know the time will pass quicker if I find something to do and distract myself but I can't. It's addictive, I think I need therapy (a bit like Mr.Schue for his vest wearing :biggrin:).

Really?! :biggrin:

Spoiler

I'm exactly the same. Today I went out with a friend who hasn't even heard about Glee just to forget about it for a while, and when I was ordering our drinks she said 'I can't believe you always remember my coffee order' and I went 'yeah, but don't read anything into it!' before I realised how weird that would sound :tongue:

Can I join you in that therapy session? Or perhaps there'll be self-help books soon - I know for a fact that we're not the only ones! :tongue:

Original post by Ambs
Really?! :biggrin:

Spoiler

I'm exactly the same. Today I went out with a friend who hasn't even heard about Glee just to forget about it for a while, and when I was ordering our drinks she said 'I can't believe you always remember my coffee order' and I went 'yeah, but don't read anything into it!' before I realised how weird that would sound :tongue:

Can I join you in that therapy session? Or perhaps there'll be self-help books soon - I know for a fact that we're not the only ones! :tongue:

:rofl: my mum mentioned pamphlets again yesterday and I burst out laughing again-she still fails to understand why, maybe she will when she sees

Spoiler

Glee is taking over our everyday lives!

Spoiler

Maybe we could write self help books to help ourselves then sell them and make MILLIONS.
Reply 2076
:rofl: my mum mentioned pamphlets again yesterday and I burst out laughing again-she still fails to understand why, maybe she will when she sees

Spoiler

Glee is taking over our everyday lives!

Spoiler

Maybe we could write self help books to help ourselves then sell them and make MILLIONS.

Haha, pamphlets will never be the same again :rofl: I didn't even attempt to explain it to my friend; you really need to be a Gleek before you can understand why random things like grilled cheese sandwiches, scarves and blazers are all of a sudden funny :tongue:

Spoiler

I bet Ryan Murphy already has plans to release such a guide over the summer, he knows his fans well enough. Actually, the idea alone of MONTHS without Glee almost makes me hyperventilate :shock:

Original post by Ambs
Haha, pamphlets will never be the same again :rofl: I didn't even attempt to explain it to my friend; you really need to be a Gleek before you can understand why random things like grilled cheese sandwiches, scarves and blazers are all of a sudden funny :tongue:

Spoiler

I bet Ryan Murphy already has plans to release such a guide over the summer, he knows his fans well enough. Actually, the idea alone of MONTHS without Glee almost makes me hyperventilate :shock:

Spoiler

I don't know how I'll live over the summer. I'll be a wreck! I suspect it'll be a 4/5 month break from the end of May to September/October.
Reply 2078

You seriously have a talent for finding these things, thanks! :smile: However, I don't really get

Spoiler

Original post by Ambs
You seriously have a talent for finding these things, thanks! :smile: However, I don't really get

Spoiler

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending