The Student Room Group

Second period a week late after taking morning after pill? HELP!

So i was having sex with my bf and the condom split, so I took the morning after pill. I got my period a week later, all fine. My next period should have been last week! I've had sex twice since and am v. nervous. Is this normal, or should I be worried and do a pregnancy test?
Reply 1
Original post by Mathematical
So i was having sex with my bf and the condom split, so I took the morning after pill. I got my period a week later, all fine. My next period should have been last week! I've had sex twice since and am v. nervous. Is this normal, or should I be worried and do a pregnancy test?

No harm in doing a preg test, but it is well known the morning after pill does affect your hormones and can make your next period come early or late. It's not unusual. It happened to my friend once, so she did a pregnancy test, came out negative and had her period a week later. Hope that helps :smile:

EDIT: I lolled at the fact you're doing English at Oxford, yet named Mathematical, then went onto cry when I looked at your academia :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Kaskade
No harm in doing a preg test, but it is well known the morning after pill does affect your hormones and can make your next period come early or late. It's not unusual. It happened to my friend once, so she did a pregnancy test, came out negative and had her period a week later. Hope that helps :smile:

EDIT: I lolled at the fact you're doing English at Oxford, yet named Mathematical, then went onto cry when I looked at your academia :smile:

Ah, thanks so much! I looked online and many people seemed to say the same thing, but you can't help but worry. If it doesn't come by next week I'll do the test.

And haha, why cry? I admire the fact you're doing law--LAW OMG YOU HAVE BALLS!
Reply 3
Original post by Mathematical
Ah, thanks so much! I looked online and many people seemed to say the same thing, but you can't help but worry. If it doesn't come by next week I'll do the test.

And haha, why cry? I admire the fact you're doing law--LAW OMG YOU HAVE BALLS!

Yeah it's no worries, but remember, ou have to take the test 2 weeks after you've had intercourse for it to be accurate. I love how i'm giving womanly advice :biggrin:

And why cry? I could only dream of having grades like that :smile: stupid slacking during gcse's :P

Haha thanks! Good luck with oxford :O!

Quick Reply

Latest