The Student Room Group

Why are so many young people happy?

Or, why aren't more young people depressed? Look at the future you are facing. Bad jobs on low pay for the majority, no real security and lots of debt. It amazes me that more youngsters AREN'T miserable. Don't you care? Or are you in denial about all this and relying on the bank of mum and dad?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
What's the point of spending your life unhappy?? No matter how bad stuff gets, there will be always something to look forward to :smile:
It's sometimes nice not knowing where your life is heading, that's what makes it exciting :biggrin:
Reply 2
Life's too short to worry and be unhappy about things like not getting a job in the future...I for one will be crossing that bridge when I come to it, not letting it rule my happiness.
being happy is a good thing! you're far too pessimistic!
Reply 4
We're all depressed, but only behind closed doors. Like in Skins.
Positive thinking. You can be happy without lots of money - money doesn't equal happiness.
There is always the afterlife.
Reply 7
no point crying over spilt milk

whats happened has happened just gona have to get used to it
Reply 8
Why do you want people to be unhappy? :holmes:
DENIAL pleases :smile:

...I never rely on my parents for money though.
Reply 10
I'm always happy. I spend my entire life looking at the positive side of life, taking each day as a new one, forgetting about the **** that may have happened yesterday. Live your life as an unhappy mess if you want, I'll find the positives in everything. I find my life is A) Much more fun that way and B) Its a lot easier to get up in the mornings thinking, "Yeah, today should be really good!" :colone:

If you want to be down, do so. But its a lot nicer to be happy, cheerful and generally hold a positive outlook on life. Granted, there are some situations where its harder, but these are few and far between. :yep:

Meh, maybe I'm just weird, but I'd take being weird at the expense of holding a positive outlook on life.
Reply 11
Shallow OP is shallow. And a big stupid pessimist.
Reply 12
Ignorance is bliss.
Stupid post is stupid.
Optimism. Make the most out of bad situations, and just do your best.
I don't see the point in wasting my youth on being miserable
Reply 15
They're innocent and naive. Yet to discover life is a bleak, torturous place to be.
Tbh, I'm often depressed, not just cos of the job thing but loads of other things too.

I wish I were happy :emo:

EDIT: I actually didn't mean to put a downer on this thread or anything, I'm just mentioning something that is true for me, that's all. I do think people should be happy, only I just find it hard to be myself because it's rather depressing living in a world so full of shallow, judgemental, negative people. Even when I try to be a nice person, it's less common to find people who will give a **** about me.
(edited 13 years ago)
dont worry about a ting, cause everyting is gonna be alright! be happy!! lol x
Reply 18
Of all the things that could be wrong with you, you're worried about debt and other such laughable crap?

All I say is: I know people in South Asia and Africa who'd kill, many times over, for even a tenth of your quality of life.

People need to be more grateful.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 19

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending