The Student Room Group

He's never had a girlfriend and it really puts me off.

I like a guy who likes me and we're in the flirting stages just before we get together. But, he's the kind of guy who's never had a proper girlfriend, isn't a big flirter and can be a bit shy with girls. And it's putting me off so much.

I always find that I like him wayyy more if I see him with another girl or if I see other girls flirting with him.

Also, I'm a bit put off him because he's not like the other guys I usually go for. I usually go for good looking (in the majority of other girls' eyes), muscly guys. he's the opposite.

what should i do

Scroll to see replies

follow your heart.....you clearly like him....

give the fellow a chance....(ps. you'll probably have to ask him out as well)

you might be suprised
Reply 2
Grow the **** up. Either you like him or you don't.
Reply 3
Well he's not gonna get much luck if girls think like you do is he?! Someone has to be his first 'proper girlfriend'!
Reply 4
Go for it, its always good to go outside of your comfort zone and try new things.

You know how guys are always saying girls never go for the nice guys and always go for the ****ers and eventually get hurt but the nice guys are always the ones who would always do right by you and probably the ones you would settle down with and marry?

Reply 5
Sound like a whiny bitch.
someone has to be his first!
besides, at least you don't have anything to be jealous of! haha
and you might find that what you dont think is your usual "type", turns out to be a lovely, great, funny guy who you get along really well with and have a relationship with!
come on...what's the worst that could happen?! (dont answer that, anyone, please.)
I'm confused, you say you like him in the first sentence and then completely pick apart all his "flaws" in the next. There's not a lot he can do about the fact he hasn't had a girlfriend or isn't typically good looking/muscly. If you like him enough then you have to see past those things, but it doesn't especially sound like you want to do that.
Reply 8
Original post by Georgiahoneybee
I'm confused, you say you like him in the first sentence and then completely pick apart all his "flaws" in the next. There's not a lot he can do about the fact he hasn't had a girlfriend or isn't typically good looking/muscly. If you like him enough then you have to see past those things, but it doesn't especially sound like you want to do that.

how do you do that?
It's more like you clearly don't like him. If you're put off by him, it's hardly a burning romance which'll turn into a burgeoning relationship.
Reply 10
Original post by RP Lover
I like a guy who likes me and we're in the flirting stages just before we get together. But, he's the kind of guy who's never had a proper girlfriend, isn't a big flirter and can be a bit shy with girls. And it's putting me off so much.

I always find that I like him wayyy more if I see him with another girl or if I see other girls flirting with him.

Also, I'm a bit put off him because he's not like the other guys I usually go for. I usually go for good looking (in the majority of other girls' eyes), muscly guys. he's the opposite.

what should i do

if you can't appreciate someone of this quality then please, leave him for someone else who will, judging by your post he'll have no trouble finding another girl. jeees you're treating his inexperience as if he hit someone in the past, you should feel privileged if he'd want you to be his first gf

edit: i made the assumption that he's a quality guy and i intend to stick with it until you tell me otherwise
Reply 11
Right, so you like it when other girls flirt with men? So this is some sort of, "I got him, see this? I'm with the guy you liked, and the guy you were flirting with!" That doesn't sound too good on your end.

Still, if you like him, why should his lack of girlfriends hold you back? Like Speedy said, someone has to be his first; it doesn't make him any less of a good guy, or any less of a good guy in a relationship. If you like him, and he likes you, why should something like that matter?

You might be surprised how good a BF he is.
Reply 12
Original post by chinaberry
It's more like you clearly don't like him. If you're put off by him, it's hardly a burning romance which'll turn into a burgeoning relationship.

his personality is amazing...fits me so well.he makes me smile. i love being with him etc.
just...
So... You like to go for the womanisers, the well sought after ones? Maybe this different guy will broaden your horizons, and who knows, he might be quite the stallion in bed :teehee:
how do you do that?

To be honest, I don't think it's something you have to work at usually, you just do. I think at the beginning of a relationship (well the ones I've been), I've always thought the other person was pretty much perfect, and it's only been as I've got to know them better that I find out their flaws, by which point I love them enough not to let it bother me. Sure sometimes you might argue because he leaves his stuff everywhere/makes stupid jokes/watches rubbish TV, but you have to accept that is part of who they are.
Reply 15

what should i do

is this the one you made a thread about before?
how do you do that?

If you're going to be his first gf..he'll probably end up liking you a lot...and expect the same back. So if you dont like much then theres no point getting with him for the sake of having a bf.
Reply 17
Original post by whitepearlbaby
So... You like to go for the womanisers, the well sought after ones? Maybe this different guy will broaden your horizons, and who knows, he might be quite the stallion in bed :teehee:

The quiet ones always are :wink2:
Reply 18
wayyy more if I see him with another girl or if I see other girls flirting with him.

So basically you liked him but then decided he was an ugly weedy loner and now you dont know if you like him anymore?
Reply 19
He's my perfect guy except:
- he doesn't have my preferred physique
- he's not one of those "hot" guys
- sometimes he's shy and unsure of himself, I love constant confidence in a guy
- hes not one of those guys wanted by all the girls
- he shows his emotions too easily
- he sometimes lets me tell him what to do. No no no.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending