The Student Room Group

Ive found an apprenticeship which pays £80 per week,would i get jsa as well?

edit:sorry guys i just realised its £40 per week
(edited 13 years ago)
If you lie, yes.
Reply 2
Original post by HistoryRepeating
If you lie, yes.

but £80 is nothing right?
Why would you get job seekers allowance when you have a job/are getting paid? Wtf.
Reply 4
You can only get jsa if you work under 16 hours a week.
Original post by richardd
yes/no?

Jobseekers is ~£65/week. Why would they give you it if you're earning more than that?
Nope but you could get a part time job too?
Reply 7
Original post by johnnn

yeh its part time?
Ask at the job center. If you have expenses such as an flat to rent (or dependents or something) then you can get some form of income support.
Reply 9
Original post by beefmaster
Ask at the job center. If you have expenses such as an flat to rent (or dependents or something) then you can get some form of income support.

Original post by johnnn

guys i just realised it is £40 per week
Original post by richardd
guys i just realised it is £40 per week

Go and ask someone who is informed. You will just get lots of conflicting information on the internet.
If it's over 16 hours per week, no.
Reply 12
Theres no way its £40 a week the minimum wage for an apprentice is £2.60 an hour and you'll be doing atleast 35 hours a week.
Reply 13
Original post by johnnn
Theres no way its £40 a week the minimum wage for an apprentice is £2.60 an hour and you'll be doing atleast 35 hours a week.

this is 2.50 per hr * 16=40 pnds
Reply 14
The minimum wage is £2.60 though :L its the law! What apprentice only works 16 hours a week? Your just making this up **** off.
Original post by johnnn
The minimum wage is £2.60 though :L its the law! What apprentice only works 16 hours a week? Your just making this up **** off.

It's possible to do a 16 hour apprenticeship if your doing an advanced level (in certain things) because you have to have your own placement.
Reply 16
Original post by johnnn
the minimum wage is £2.60 though :l its the law! What apprentice only works 16 hours a week? Your just making this up **** off.

i swear to god!!!!
Its for a good postthough so its worth it....
Reply 17
is it only advanced level that do it for 16?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending