The Student Room Group

20 year old in relationship with 15 year old acceptable?

If the girl is very mature and there's no sex?

Scroll to see replies

If there's grass on the pitch, play ball. If there's no grass on the pitch, play ball anyway, it'll be like FIFA Street.
IMO, no.
Reply 3
No, she's still a child even if she is mature for her age and there isn't any sex.

Wow, neg rep for common sense.

Unless just coming out with it and shouting "Pedo!" is better. Go out with someone your own age OP.
(edited 13 years ago)
Why would any sane 20 year old man want a sexless relationship with a child when he could have a sex-filled relationship with a woman?

Only possible real answer - no woman will have him.
Reply 5
Wait until she's 16 and then **** her brains out like a lad.
Reply 6
No...not really...
No! Maybe if it were on better circumstances, as in if one was 20 and the other was 25 or something if you catch my drift?
Original post by Pink Bullets
Why would any sane 20 year old man want a sexless relationship with a child when he could have a sex-filled relationship with a woman?

This. So much this.
Reply 9
No, Not until she's 16.

EDIT: Negged? It's the against the law.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 10
that you have to ask and you're anonymous shows you know it isn't okay. don't argue that she's very mature-it doesn't matter. when you're both in your 20s, fine but she's a schoolgirl. her parents will flip if they've any sense so what a great future you have. walk away NOW
Original post by Pink Bullets

I will rep you tomorrow!!!!!!
As long as you dont have sex until she is 16 I don't see anythin wrong with it.
Not at all. My parents have a larger age difference than 5 years and I know many people with the same thing.
Reply 14
I'd avoid it - whether you're the 20 year old or the 15 year old (I'm assuming you're one of them). I can't see any real bond developing through a platonic relationship where the ages and level of maturity are likely to be so different. Now you say the girl is mature but I still think the varying levels of intelligence and independence between the two people are so far apart it'll never work at the moment. Give it maybe 2 or 3 years and it probably will work out.

I wouldn't say it is "completely unacceptable" because it's not... as long as there is no sex involved. It will, however, be frowned upon by many people, and the bullying and rumours that may stem from the relationship will be too great for the sake of a bit of short term fun.
Reply 15
How's 17 and 15 guys? Is that more acceptable?

That's me :redface:

And no, it's not because I can't get a girl my own age. It's because we really like each other. Is that so hard to believe? It really does annoy me when people come out with that line, and it smacks of immaturity on their own part if I do say so.
Reply 16
When the girl is 16, the guy will be 21.

It's strange how opinions can change on TSR. I posed this same question to TSR two years ago when I was infactuated to a girl who was 16 and I was 21 back then and the unanimous opinion was that she was too young for me. Oh how times change.
Original post by Steevee
How's 17 and 15 guys? Is that more acceptable?

That's me :redface:

And no, it's not because I can't get a girl my own age. It's because we really like each other. Is that so hard to believe? It really does annoy me when people come out with that line, and it smacks of immaturity on their own part if I do say so.

A 2 year age gap is much less than 5 years at such a young age, once you're both adults like 20 and 25 it's different because you're both able to do the same things.

There's nothing really wrong with you going out with a 15 year old as long as you're not having sex with her because then it would be illegal. A guy I know who is 18 was in a relationship with a girl of 15 and he got in a lot of trouble when it was found that he slept with her, but she was very immature for her age.
Reply 18
im 20 and 17 is youngest i'd go , 16 if they look mature... but 15, jeebz, i was doing my gcse's when i was 15 O_o too long ago...
And you can not get a girlfriend your own age because..........?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending