The Student Room Group

Foundation Diploma in Art and Design in London or Bournemouth??!

I got accepted for a UAL Foundation Diploma in Art and Design at both LCC and AUCB! I've heard plenty of good things about AUCB, however I'm in doubt which is better, especially because of where they are situated. London is obviously better for art. Any opinions?? Is anyone on one of these courses? advice? Thanks x
Hi!
I've also applied this year for a Foundation in Art and design and I got an offer from AUCB and Birmingham city. Both univrsities have a great reputation, but I think that AUCBs course is much better because it has more areas to study such as fashion and textiles and costume and performance design whereas LCC has the basics. But I think that depends on what you´re actually interested in and what you´re looking forwards to study. I´m looking forwards to see what you decided on!
Hope this helps!!
xx
Reply 2
Original post by carlotacabal
Hi!
I've also applied this year for a Foundation in Art and design and I got an offer from AUCB and Birmingham city. Both univrsities have a great reputation, but I think that AUCBs course is much better because it has more areas to study such as fashion and textiles and costume and performance design whereas LCC has the basics. But I think that depends on what you´re actually interested in and what you´re looking forwards to study. I´m looking forwards to see what you decided on!
Hope this helps!!
xx

Thanks for the input! I've chosen Bournemouth! I've heard plenty about it, and it really does seem like a nice place...so I'm just going to go for it! If you never try, you'll never know, right? :smile: Maybe I'll even be seeing you later on this year! xx
Yeah, I´m going for Bournemouth as well, it kinda seems like a really good place to go to! I´m looking at the accomodation right now and i´m a bit lost, not sure what to choose between the Bourne Chambers or the East and West Halls, do you know anything about these??
xx
Reply 4
Bournemouth is my hometown, a lot of friends went the to AUCB for Foundation and really enjoyed it, I rushed to London but I'd say foundation in B'mouth and degree in London!
Reply 5
Original post by carlotacabal
Yeah, I´m going for Bournemouth as well, it kinda seems like a really good place to go to! I´m looking at the accomodation right now and i´m a bit lost, not sure what to choose between the Bourne Chambers or the East and West Halls, do you know anything about these??
xx

I heard different opinions from people, but the east and west halls seem to be better, especially since they're on the campus! I already applied for them, now I'm just waiting for a reply, for all I know they might put me in Bourne Chambers if they have no more room left in the East and West Halls, and if I'm really unlucky, then I'll have to go to an accomodation day and try find a house! If you scroll down on this page, you'll find photographs someone took of the halls..check them out :smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1459207&page=3

xx
Reply 6
Original post by y3mz1
Bournemouth is my hometown, a lot of friends went the to AUCB for Foundation and really enjoyed it, I rushed to London but I'd say foundation in B'mouth and degree in London!

That is exactly what I've planned on doing! Thanks :smile:
Reply 7
Hey sveta1992, do you have your portfolio online :smile:?
I'd like to see what a accepted applicant's portfolio looks like :smile:
Reply 8
an*
Reply 9
Original post by monica8
Hey sveta1992, do you have your portfolio online :smile:?
I'd like to see what a accepted applicant's portfolio looks like :smile:

Hey! this was my bournemouth portfolio : http://flickr.com/photos/58545817@N06/sets/72157625871862921/ unfortunately I can't show you my LCC one because I sent it by mail! I chose Bournemouth though, I heard much better things about it in general.
Reply 10
Original post by sveta1992
Hey! this was my bournemouth portfolio : http://flickr.com/photos/58545817@N06/sets/72157625871862921/ unfortunately I can't show you my LCC one because I sent it by mail! I chose Bournemouth though, I heard much better things about it in general.

Heyyy you are fantastic :O
love the meditation piece!
Thank youuu soo muchh
xxxx
Reply 11
Original post by monica8
Heyyy you are fantastic :O
love the meditation piece!
Thank youuu soo muchh
xxxx

Awh! Thank you :smile: I appreciate it! and Good luck!! xxxxx
Reply 12
I just on foundation diploma at AUCB, it really good and I like it. I've apply 4 unis and got all the place. Nice place to study ^^
Reply 13

I got accepted for a UAL Foundation Diploma in Art and Design at both LCC and AUCB! I've heard plenty of good things about AUCB, however I'm in doubt which is better, especially because of where they are situated. London is obviously better for art. Any opinions?? Is anyone on one of these courses? advice? Thanks x

Hey! Congrats!!! I'm thinking of going to AUCB too...got to work on my portfolio in the first place, though)

Btw, are you from Russia?)
Reply 14
Original post by mashinist
Hey! Congrats!!! I'm thinking of going to AUCB too...got to work on my portfolio in the first place, though)

Btw, are you from Russia?)

I accepted AUCB's offer and I'm really glad, I can't wait until I move there in August!! Wish you luck with your portfolio! and yes, I am Russian but I've lived most of my life in Malta. I still go back to visit my family every once in a while though))) are you from Russia too?
Reply 15
Original post by cocoice
I just on foundation diploma at AUCB, it really good and I like it. I've apply 4 unis and got all the place. Nice place to study ^^

Sounds good! How many days (or hours) a week do you have to go to school? Any advice for a student who'll be attending very very soon? like what to bring specifically or anything about the classes or Bournemouth in general? ^^
Reply 16

I accepted AUCB's offer and I'm really glad, I can't wait until I move there in August!! Wish you luck with your portfolio! and yes, I am Russian but I've lived most of my life in Malta. I still go back to visit my family every once in a while though))) are you from Russia too?

O, nashi lyudi))) That's great! Yeah, I'm from Russia too, I live in St-Petersburg. And where did you use to live?
The truth is I haven't yet decided between Illustration and Art and Design foundation. Do you know what exactly are you going to do during the first year at Art and Design?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by mashinist
O, nashi lyudi))) That's great! Yeah, I'm from Russia too, I live in St-Petersburg. And where did you use to live?
The truth is I haven't yet decided between Illustration and Art and Design foundation. Do you know what exactly are you going to do during the first year at Art and Design?

xaxa ya tozhe nashla drugoi russki chelovek na studentroom dve nedeli nazad)) Huge coincidence, I'm from Peter too! After my foundation in Art and Design, I think I might transfer to London - Central Saint Martins or Edinburgh College of Art in Scotland. If not, I'll remain at AUCB and probably do BA in Fine Art, but I'm quite open to things so for all I know I might decide to go into Fashion or Film... whatever I like best ! I guess time will tell) do you have vkontakte or facebook? it'd be cool to see your work and stuff. Are you going to AUCB this year or 2012?
Reply 18

xaxa ya tozhe nashla drugoi russki chelovek na studentroom dve nedeli nazad)) Huge coincidence, I'm from Peter too! After my foundation in Art and Design, I think I might transfer to London - Central Saint Martins or Edinburgh College of Art in Scotland. If not, I'll remain at AUCB and probably do BA in Fine Art, but I'm quite open to things so for all I know I might decide to go into Fashion or Film... whatever I like best ! I guess time will tell) do you have vkontakte or facebook? it'd be cool to see your work and stuff. Are you going to AUCB this year or 2012?

ni4ego sebe))) Piter?! yeah, coincidence, that's for sure)

Sounds good! I also like the fact that Art and Design gives you some time to decide. I'm going there in 2012, as soon as I complete my first degree.
btw, I've just sent you my fb link:wink:
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest