The Student Room Group

why are white people ashamed of their race?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by metalthrashin'mad
ah i meant thousand. my bad

OK fair enough? In any case why do you mention the Atomic bombings as if implying that the fact they were nuclear weapons makes the act anymore illegal?
The purposefull killing of civilians is illegal end of, so the point still stands that the Japanese were infinately more heinous in their Chinese enterprise than the 'White peoples' ever were.
Reply 61
Original post by CombineHarvester
I think this is stupid tbh. Being proud of your race/ethnicity has got to be the most ridiculous things that people do. When people say "I'm proud to be black/gay" etc. what they actually mean is "I'm not ashamed of being black/gay" etc. Pride=/=lack of shame but people often confuse the two. White people and straight people generally have never had any reason to feel ashamed of their race or sexuality which is why they don't feel the need to say they're proud of it.

First good reply in the thread.
Original post by pol pot noodles
OK fair enough? In any case why do you mention the Atomic bombings as if implying that the fact they were nuclear weapons makes the act anymore illegal?
The purposefull killing of civilians is illegal end of, so the point still stands that the Japanese were infinately more heinous in their Chinese enterprise than the 'White peoples' ever were.

until this thread I was unaware of what the Japanese did. When I said with nuclear weapons that was because I thought that killing civilians to prove a point politically and militarily was massively evil and cold blooded, but obviously what the Japanese did was much worse.
we're not at all, it's just that there are some 'weak' white people who are being led to believe that racism is only something that happens to black people.
Of course I'm proud of the white race, we have been superior for thousands of years, the world wouldn't be where it is today if not for us
Reply 65
I'm pretty proud. I have a lot of good banter with an african girl I like about it. I chatting with asians, african guys, I'm pretty happy with the white culture I live in, compared to what they describe as theirs.

Lotta racists in this thread, though.
Reply 66
Original post by IlexBlue
Because being proud of our race automatically equals white supremacy and the KKK.

Comes with years of conquering other nations and slavery in the past, I guess.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not...

If you aren't then you're imposing some serious double standards.
why are people on this forum arguing about the most evil country/ethnicity in any part of history?? everyone comes from a place thats done one bad thing or other.

to comment on the qs. i never really though that white people were ashamed. why should they be? as long as someone learns from the mistakes of their descendents, there is nothing to be ashamed of. in fact, you should take pride that as a desendent you have done better and believe in better.
Racist? Are you serious?

While we abolished it, we're also the ones who started it in the first place. You know, going to Africa, raiding villages, taking innocent natives back to our land and forcing them to work for us...

It was black people who captured other blacks then sold them to whites seriously I thought people on here were suppose to be clever lmao.
Reply 69
Original post by Manitude
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not...

If you aren't then you're imposing some serious double standards.

At 1 o'clock in the morning, I don't even know anymore.
Reply 70
At 1 o'clock in the morning, I don't even know anymore.

:lolwut:
Fair enough...
Reply 71
Original post by Jackthevillain
It was black people who captured other blacks then sold them to whites seriously I thought people on here were suppose to be clever lmao.

Holy Jesus, do the people of TSR have degrees in pedantry or something?

Regardless, we still went to Africa, bought said slaves, took them away from their homes and back to ours where we treated them like ****.
Reply 72
Original post by Manitude
:lolwut:
Fair enough...

Urgh.

The first line had some sarcasm - clearly taking pride in your race doesn't automatically make you a white supremacist or a member of the KKK, but the way people react to those who do take pride would suggest that it does.

This attitude probably comes from years of domination of certain races, i.e. black slavery/ discrimination, invading other countries and yada yada.
Reply 73
Urgh.

The first line had some sarcasm - clearly taking pride in your race doesn't automatically make you a white supremacist or a member of the KKK, but the way people react to those who do take pride would suggest that it does.

This attitude probably comes from years of domination of certain races, i.e. black slavery/ discrimination, invading other countries and yada yada.

That's fine then :smile:
Reply 74

Regardless, we still went to Africa, bought said slaves, took them away from their homes and back to ours where we treated them like ****.

we?

we!..... as in white people collectively...... abolished slavery. we! collectively are outraged by it.

slavery was about cheap labour, slave traders purchased slaves and sold them to plantation owners. before that, white people worked the plantations, the greedy owners wanted cheaper labour and so purchased slaves from africa.

african leaders were willing to sell their captives, europeans brought them up.

eventually, collective white society became outraged by slavery and abolished it-----for the first time in history.
(edited 13 years ago)
Oh please. Slavery has been practised for millennia, and most certainly not exclusively by white people. Far from it.
Reply 76
Original post by humanrights
we?

we!..... as in white people collectively...... abolished slavery. we! collectively are outraged by it.

slavery was about cheap labour, slave traders purchased slaves and sold them to plantation owners. before that, white people worked the plantations, the greedy owners wanted cheaper labour and so purchased slaves from africa.

african leaders were willing to sell their captives, europeans brought them up.

eventually, collective white society became outraged by slavery and abolished it-----for the first time in history.

And yet we still treated them as inferior and necessitated the Civil Rights Movement?

Clearly we're appalled by it now, but you can't just glaze over the past. That kind of thing sticks, so when anyone even remotely suggests "white pride," it could be seen as link back to those days.

Some of them were treated **** most probably were not plus slavery gave black people in America the security of living in a place while post slavery for many years they did not have this
Reply 78
And yet we still treated them as inferior and necessitated the Civil Rights Movement?

Clearly we're appalled by it now, but you can't just glaze over the past. That kind of thing sticks, so when anyone even remotely suggests "white pride," it could be seen as link back to those days.

segregation was about safety from black crime. the segregationists have been proved correct. since desegregation anti white violence in america has reached epidemic levels.
85% is black on white.

white society has always fought against slavery and segregation. some white people love blacks, some do not. most think them as equal.

whites need to stop being racially extorted.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 79
Stupid thread. Someone deserves a slap in the forehead. This thread is like saying, 'why is megan fox ashamed of her perfect body?'

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending