The Student Room Group

Your first day as a doctor

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jackso

Original post by Jackso
As I stated before, Pete, I spent around half an hour reading through this whole thread and was just calling the guy out on his general bad attitude which is VERY off-putting. What ALL THOSE PEOPLE WHO NEGGED ME fail to understand is that it is actually constructive criticism.

Constructive criticism or not, I negged you since to me, you're the one that should get over themselves.

Hope you enjoyed your brief stay in the medicine forum :h:
Reply 461
Original post by GodspeedGehenna

Sorry, edited.
Original post by Jackso
Sorry, edited.

Nah I'm interested. Do I know you?
Reply 463
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
Constructive criticism or not, I negged you since to me, you're the one that should get over themselves.

Hope you enjoyed your brief stay in the medicine forum :h:

Yeah, thanks for that. Honestly, as you grow older you'll learn to appreciate that people tire very quickly of your typical doctor's arrogance.

Not particularily, no. Thanks anyway...
Give him a gun.... to get revenge on that motorist.
Original post by Jackso

Original post by Jackso
Yeah, thanks for that. Honestly, as you grow older you'll learn to appreciate that people tire very quickly of your typical doctor's arrogance.

And maybe when you grow a bit older you'll realise that how people act on TSR doesn't necessarily represent how they act in real life, and definitely wouldn't be how they act in a professional environment.

Also either your profile is incorrect or you're only 18, so I wouldn't assume how old we people are, just sayin'
Reply 466
Original post by Jackso

How old are you? And what do you do, if I may ask, and how has it brought you in contact with so many doctors that you feel aptly placed to stereotype them?
Reply 467
Original post by electricjon

Well done?! If I were you, kiddo?! Thanks Dad but you're not me. You're just some guy on an internet forum, who instead of just walking away from the discussion, decided to post something pretending to speak on behalf of the supposed majority, based on the presence of some red downward pointing thumbs next to my post? Again, the very definition of arrogance to me.

If you want me to boast my knowledge or see my bedside manner then I invite you to please come and shadow me at work or attend one of my lectures, more so that I can punch you in the face. I have only ever had one complaint in my career, and it was devastating, but a completely justified mistake that I made and something I learnt from. You on the other hand seem incapable of taking criticism, and your ability to dispense it, constructive or otherwise, is [insert-derogatory-term-here].

Obviously you can't really generalise on the opinion of the majority in a MEDICAL forum since, yaknow, there's a slight chance doctors/future-docs may be a tad biased towards themselves. But yes, you did seem very arrogant, and it did very much annoy me throughout the remaining twenty-odd pages of the thread. And I'll leave it at that.
Reply 468

Nah I'm interested. Do I know you?

Well, not really.
Reply 469

And maybe when you grow a bit older you'll realise that how people act on TSR doesn't necessarily represent how they act in real life, and definitely wouldn't be how they act in a professional environment.

Also either your profile is incorrect or you're only 18, so I wouldn't assume how old we people are, just sayin'

Alright, fair enough.

Well, it's pretty easy to pin most down to their age range within a year or so... I know most of you better than you know yourselves, actually.
Original post by Jackso
Well, not really.

Lol. What does that mean?
Reply 471
Original post by Jackso
Obviously you can't really generalise on the opinion of the majority in a MEDICAL forum since, yaknow, there's a slight chance doctors/future-docs may be a tad biased towards themselves. But yes, you did seem very arrogant, and it did very much annoy me throughout the remaining twenty-odd pages of the thread. And I'll leave it at that.

Well, if through perusing twenty-odd pages of discussion, that is the only thing you were able to find anything to comment about, then I agree I think it's best you leave it at that, and maybe seek help for a borderline personality disorder - that's just my professional opinion though, or maybe my arrogance speaking, I forget which is which.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 472
Original post by Jackso
Alright, fair enough.

Well, it's pretty easy to pin most down to their age range within a year or so... I know most of you better than you know yourselves, actually.

Disturbingly creepy.
She also admits to having taken some cocaine

As soon as you said sniffing and behaving oddly, I knew it!!
Original post by Jackso

RU the med forum stalker?

Be afraid, very afraid.
You start writing your observations in the case notes, explaining to your registrar that you are going to call the consultant. She grabs your pen off you and takes you to one side. She is really shouting now.

"Who the f**k do you think you are?! I taught you most of what you know and you would be nothing if it wasn't for me. How dare you threaten to call the consultant? Don't you know I am on the surgical advisory committee for job recruitment? If you mess with me I will screw you so badly and personally ensure you never practice medicine again - do you understand?"

She walks away and continues the ward round by herself. She still has your pen.

You are unphased by her threats as you'd rather do anything but surgery and dat cokehead got nothing on you to the GMC. Your record is as clean as a whistle.

You politely ask for your pen back and ask if you can have a quick chat.

"The best thing for everyone is if you say you're feeling ill and go home for the day. This can just stay between us and nobody has to know. Wouldn't you prefer it if we didn't involve Mr Colorectal Surgeon?"
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by No Future
RU the med forum stalker?

Be afraid, very afraid.

They apparently know who I am, so it might be the case.
They apparently know who I am, so it might be the case.

He even knows our UKCAT scores and our favourite specialties.

Who knows when the med stalker will next strike?

Coming soon to a thread near you...
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by No Future
He even knows our UKCAT scores and our favourite specialties.

Who knows when the med stalker will next strike?

Coming soon to a thread near you...

I'm intrigued as to how he knows my name..
I'm intrigued as to how he knows my name..

He has been stalking you since Oct 2007

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending