The Student Room Group

A level english

I want to take an arts subject - the one i'm best at and enjoy is english.

sooo, which english is better : Literature, Language, or Literature and Language.

(which one is preferred by unis etc)

btw i can' t really decide about which i enjoy the most at gcse, as it is pretty basic.

cheers in advance, :wink:

D'ya Get Meh?
Reply 1
Lit
Reply 2
Lit
English Literature. If you prefer English Language then you should do that though.
Reply 4
Lit, I've been told if you do Eng Language then you can't do English Lit at university, if you take Lit you can do both, it depends on how much you like doing the science of language as well, if you like knowing and studying how to put together words/sentences and such then go for the joint if you also want to do Eng lit. Otherwise I'd suggest English Lit on it's own.
Reply 5
English Literature. Unless you really want to do Language (bear in mind it is very different to GCSE - so have a proper talk with a teacher/look at the syllabus before you decide) then I would go for that. If you only do lit you can do both at Uni, whereas you can't study joint lit & lang with just lang. Besides - I love Lit :wink:
Reply 6
Original post by D'ya Get Meh?
I want to take an arts subject - the one i'm best at and enjoy is english.

sooo, which english is better : Literature, Language, or Literature and Language.

(which one is preferred by unis etc)

btw i can' t really decide about which i enjoy the most at gcse, as it is pretty basic.

cheers in advance, :wink:

D'ya Get Meh?

English Literature, without a shadow of a doubt.
Reply 7
Literature is the best.
I love it.
Literature - do Classical Civilisation too if you can, that's like Greek and Roman Literature at my school (you might want to check your school's syllabus) but it's amaaaaaaazing
Reply 9
cheers guysss!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending