The Student Room Group

Is being a natural flirt a bad thing on a guy?

I know the answer to an extent because girls have said to me in the past that they're not sure if i'm being serious since i'm the same with everyone and some girls just assume i'm a massive player!

So asside from the actual question, i don't know when i'm flirting so could people give me some tips on how to be nice and friendly but not flirty? i want to be able to turn it on only for the girls i'm interested in..any tips girls? body language etc Also if they think i'm only not a flirt how do i indicate more interest?

sorry for the multitude of questions!
Reply 1
Yes, being a natural flirt ironically increases the chances of you being forever alone :curious:
Reply 2
Chop your knob off? Means you wont have sex but you'll still be your natural self :smile:
Reply 3
any one with a serious comment!?
Reply 4
Serious comment
You can't help who you are. I have the same problem as you, but there's nothing you can do about it.
Reply 6
It's difficult to say as people can misconstrue something as being flirtatious when really you're just being friendly. But wheres the problem? If you like someone, make it obvious you like them. You can't literally treat all females the same - that would just be weird...
Reply 7
I'm like that but all of my friends know this fact about me so I don't really see it as weird. Of course there is a difference between the general flirting with everyone and the people you like i.e. you tend to be a lot more forward in the flirting manner when you are with someone who actually have feelings for.

I don't see why you should need to change. If you like someone, make a point to tell them, that way you aren't sending mixed signals or allowing them to assume that their just another friend
Reply 8
Not necessarily.

My boyfriend's an unintentional natural flirt. He's friendly to everyone, compliments them, etc. etc. and some people interpret this as him flirting with them when he's not. (Trust me, when he actually tries flirting...well...:p:)

He's even got his own gay fan club :teehee:
Reply 9
Original post by DiZZeeKiD
It's difficult to say as people can misconstrue something as being flirtatious when really you're just being friendly. But wheres the problem? If you like someone, make it obvious you like them. You can't literally treat all females the same - that would just be weird...

Original post by DeepStar
I'm like that but all of my friends know this fact about me so I don't really see it as weird. Of course there is a difference between the general flirting with everyone and the people you like i.e. you tend to be a lot more forward in the flirting manner when you are with someone who actually have feelings for.

I don't see why you should need to change. If you like someone, make a point to tell them, that way you aren't sending mixed signals or allowing them to assume that their just another friend

Original post by aeterno
Not necessarily.

My boyfriend's an unintentional natural flirt. He's friendly to everyone, compliments them, etc. etc. and some people interpret this as him flirting with them when he's not. (Trust me, when he actually tries flirting...well...:p:)

He's even got his own gay fan club :teehee:

So how do you guys think i should approach females who i like because i don't want to come on too strong as that's creepy and ruins the mystery of it all but i want her to know she's liked/special at the same time?

thanks for the help guys!
Reply 10
Original post by Anonymous
So how do you guys think i should approach females who i like because i don't want to come on too strong as that's creepy and ruins the mystery of it all but i want her to know she's liked/special at the same time?

Be a little more persistent with someone you like...just a little though, you don't want to creep her out. Pay her more personal compliments, ask her about herself, look interested when she's talking. When you see her again, mention something from your previous conversation(s) that you've remembered. Genuinely smile at her. Maintain eye contact with her just that little bit longer.
Thing is, if you are being friendly, and there is no intention of flirting, it's just girls reading into it. It's not your problem, it's theirs. Some girls read into everything guys do. "oh he flirts with me, he texted me, he said this..." and I get so annoyed, it's so stupid.

Just be yourself, if it's a natural flirt, then that's what you are. Don't change.
Reply 12
Just be who you are! if your a naturally flirty person then you can't change that :smile: Don't worry about it
I'm naturally flirty but I'm a girl so most girls hate me and assume I'm a whore until they get to know me then realize I'm actually an sound person
Yeah it IS a bad thing haha. I thought this guy I liked really liked me, but then I realised he was just a natural flirt - Dammit! :facepalm:
Reply 15
Anonymous I think you being a 'natural flirt' is quite subjective. Some girls might see you as being a very 'touchy friendly' person but then some girls ofcourse will see you as a player. Serious advice

make some defined boundaries. Like how you WONT behave around a girl thats a friend. I am a 'natural flirt' and to avoid upsetting people I make defined boundaries that way if Im with a guy I am actually interested in its obvious to him and everyone else, I like him MORE.
Reply 16
Original post by Anonymous

Be more persistent with her, not too much though. Pay a little more attention to her, what she is saying, how she looks and give her personal compliments, make that extra bit of effort to see her and when you do see her, make sure she knows you remember your previous conversations. Give her pure eye contact, genuine smile and let her know that you enjoy her company. Be honest about your feelings when the right time comes.
Reply 17
Original post by budmed
Anonymous I think you being a 'natural flirt' is quite subjective. Some girls might see you as being a very 'touchy friendly' person but then some girls ofcourse will see you as a player. Serious advice

make some defined boundaries. Like how you WONT behave around a girl thats a friend. I am a 'natural flirt' and to avoid upsetting people I make defined boundaries that way if Im with a guy I am actually interested in its obvious to him and everyone else, I like him MORE.

So could you tell me what these boundaries are for example? what you've done to diffrentiate?

Original post by DeepStar
Be more persistent with her, not too much though. Pay a little more attention to her, what she is saying, how she looks and give her personal compliments, make that extra bit of effort to see her and when you do see her, make sure she knows you remember your previous conversations. Give her pure eye contact, genuine smile and let her know that you enjoy her company. Be honest about your feelings when the right time comes.

Original post by aeterno
Be a little more persistent with someone you like...just a little though, you don't want to creep her out. Pay her more personal compliments, ask her about herself, look interested when she's talking. When you see her again, mention something from your previous conversation(s) that you've remembered. Genuinely smile at her. Maintain eye contact with her just that little bit longer.

For a second i thought you guys were the same answer, it's great to see some congruency! thank you :smile:

for everyone else as well, thanks i'll try to be myself but it gets me in some trouble sometimes so i just want a way to have some control over it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending