The Student Room Group

why are white people ashamed of their race?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
btw, Japanese is a race and a nationality.
Original post by humanrights
this is racist.

white people abolished slavery.

So who started slavery?

im interested to know where your opinion comes from? was it from secondary school?

Better from school than from Stormfront

white society has always fought against segregation. .

It was not the whites in the USA who mainly fought against segregation.
I am proud of my race, why should I be shamed? Sir Isaac Newton, Teslo, Graham Bell, Henry Ford, Einstein.....
Reply 85
Original post by IlexBlue
And yet we still treated them as inferior and necessitated the Civil Rights Movement?

Clearly we're appalled by it now, but you can't just glaze over the past. That kind of thing sticks, so when anyone even remotely suggests "white pride," it could be seen as link back to those days.

You are getting rather tedious now.

- Colonialism and the slave trade are not synonymous; the latter has existed for thousands of years and is a legitimate part of human culture and history.

- Colonialism, the slave trade and the American Civil Rights are unrelated; you are grossly simplifying history to suit you own opinion about white supremacy.

- In the time period you are considering, white Europeans were also sold into the slave trade, deported and shipped to the New World; it is not exclusively a racial issue.
5 pages from a leading question. 'Why is it white people hate themselves' 'Why is it Jews hate themselves' 'Why is it black people hate themselves' - no one hates themselves, it's a leading question which is open ended enough for people to spew any opinion on race and history. Go give your opinion on race, what's your opinion...probably why it's reached 5 pages. Useless nonsense, there's no point to it, no conclusion anyone can draw.
Reply 87
No one has control over their ethnicity, so they shouldn't be ashamed or proud of it. /thread
Original post by Crazydavy
It starts to get picky when you analyse individual words I'm sure you know what I mean. I respect the accomplishments of my distant ancestors if you prefer this phrasing?

I much prefer that.
Sorry, don't know why, but this, aswell as people saying 'we' when they had nothing to do with it i.e 'we beat the other team' referring to a team they support but have no real links to, really grinds my gears.
...Massive amounts of racism I am feeling.
Original post by bestofyou
japanese - Nationality

White - Race

Whats your point here?

How is white a race?? Also, I think that pink would be more accurate.
Reply 91
They aren't. We say 'it's a pity that this happened for us to get here', but we never say 'because this happened we aren't an amazing place'. And we don't have to be openly proud because our achievements are all around us.

When a white British guy commits murder or rape I don't feel ashamed at being white and British, just as when a black guy commits rape and murder I don't think I'm glad I'm not black.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 92
Original post by evantej
You are getting rather tedious now.

- Colonialism and the slave trade are not synonymous; the latter has existed for thousands of years and is a legitimate part of human culture and history.

- Colonialism, the slave trade and the American Civil Rights are unrelated; you are grossly simplifying history to suit you own opinion about white supremacy.

- In the time period you are considering, white Europeans were also sold into the slave trade, deported and shipped to the New World; it is not exclusively a racial issue.

I'm getting "tedious"? I don't recall ever addressing you in the first place, and feel free to drop the patronising, holier-than-thou attitude. I really don't care for it.

Yes, there's your key word - opinion. I offered my insight (somewhat sarcastically, which flew over the heads of many) as to why "white pride" is frowned upon. Our treatment of various races in the past has hardly been completely pleasant, regardless of the technicalities of slavery and who sold who what.
the japanese committed the most evil acts of the 20th century, but they do not berate themselves about it. they move on.

white people on the other hand, like to berate themselves collectively because of the crimes of their elites..........but why is this?

are white people melodramatic and self loathing by nature or are they just idiotic?

The japanese?

Have you heard of the holocaust?
Or the bombings of Hiroshima or Nagazaki?
I'd be very ashamed if I'd personally killed 6 million jews. But fortunately, I wasn't involved, so I'm not ashamed in the slightest.
Original post by King-Panther
How is white a race?? Also, I think that pink would be more accurate.

Hmmm, I'd say it's really more of a peach.
the japanese committed the most evil acts of the 20th century, but they do not berate themselves about it. they move on.

white people on the other hand, like to berate themselves collectively because of the crimes of their elites..........but why is this?

are white people melodramatic and self loathing by nature or are they just idiotic?

How would you like to join TSR BNP?
Original post by bestofyou
Hmmm, I'd say it's really more of a peach.

I would say it depends on the individual, but pink is a very dominant complexion.
Reply 98
Original post by IlexBlue
I'm getting "tedious"? I don't recall ever addressing you in the first place, and feel free to drop the patronising, holier-than-thou attitude. I really don't care for it.

Yes, there's your key word - opinion. I offered my insight (somewhat sarcastically, which flew over the heads of many) as to why "white pride" is frowned upon. Our treatment of various races in the past has hardly been completely pleasant, regardless of the technicalities of slavery and who sold who what.

our treatment?

meaning, your treatment?

collective guilt is racism. you are an anti white racist.

white people have also suffered at the hands of other races. so why do you focus only on 'white' guilt?
Reply 99
our treatment?

meaning, your treatment?

collective guilt is racism. you are an anti white racist.

white people have also suffered at the hands of other races. so why do you focus only on 'white' guilt?

I read the third line and came to the conclusion you're an absolute idiot.

I'm not going into this any further with you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending