The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ham and Cheese
I'm fine with that but if you want others to concentrate only on TSR issues (which your average voter won't do) then don't mention Cleggers. Most voters will vote based on national events anyway, there is no escaping that.

Which is why we have to mention him, to try and be judged on our own merits, to make the point we are not the same as the current real life party leadership. If other people are choosing to represent us as identical to the real life party when this isn't the case, then they are either unaware of our position (which is unlikely, as it is stated in our manifesto), accusing us of lying (without offering any evidence), or being disingenuous for the sake of political point scoring (which is all a part of the game, but don't expect us not to counter it!)
Reply 401
what party is the current Prime Minister from? (on tsr)
Original post by mevidek
what party is the current Prime Minister from? (on tsr)
The Conservative Party held the last PM
The last 2 governments have been conservative/libertarian coalitions with a tory as PM.
Original post by cambo211
The last 2 governments have been conservative/libertarian coalitions with a tory as PM.

Incorrect.
Yeah, this sounds like a great idea. Rather than actually dealing with issues in the real world, let's bitch about them like small children in an internet forum.
I vote for an alliance of all three main parties, then they may be forced to work together and actually achieve something, rather then change each other's laws every few years. No party is perfect, so why don't we get the best from each? NOTE: Our current coalition is not a true coalition, as the Lib Dems have agreed to back down on the condition that we have an AV referendum. We have a Conservative government.
If this is website is representative of real politicians in the making, I have grave concerns for the future of the country.
Original post by paddy__power
Incorrect.

Well they have both been Tory/Libertarian but the first one had you in your UKIP form.
Original post by Kerr Avon
Yeah, this sounds like a great idea. Rather than actually dealing with issues in the real world, let's bitch about them like small children in an internet forum.

As opposed to letting students actually deal with real world issues? The MHoC is just another platform for people to debate with a well placed structure.
Original post by Kerr Avon

We are not in a position to deal with the issues in the real world, this is a game. It is barely different to pretending to be a soldier on COD and not joining the army.

I vote for an alliance of all three main parties, then they may be forced to work together and actually achieve something, rather then change each other's laws every few years. No party is perfect, so why don't we get the best from each?

On TSR parties often work together, and a coalition of the main three would undermine the point of the game - which is to debate and, hopefully, for people to learn. Once again, this isn't RL and neither is it meant to be a carbon copy of it. We have a different electoral system, different parties, different process etcetc The point is for people to play politics and often RL situations are addressed because in our hypothetical country people still need education, healthcare etc but it is wrong to assume we are branches of the RL parties or in any way associated with them - we are not.

NOTE: Our current coalition is not a true coalition, as the Lib Dems have agreed to back down on the condition that we have an AV referendum. We have a Conservative government.
If this is website is representative of real politicians in the making, I have grave concerns for the future of the country.

This website isn't, nor has it claimed to be and the coalition on here does not involve the lib dems.
Original post by Wednesday Bass
Well they have both been Tory/Libertarian but the first one had you in your UKIP form.

As opposed to letting students actually deal with real world issues? The MHoC is just another platform for people to debate with a well placed structure.

Me and the rest of UKIP :colonhash:

So it was a three party coalition and not a two party one. :h:
The voting has slowed right down, hopefully another batch of people will log on today and vote :smile:

We should get RK to send the message again but say that anyone who doesn't vote will have their accounts removed :colone:
Reply 410
Original post by Stricof
The Conservative Party held the last PM

ok thanks mate :smile:
We should send out another mass message 12 hours before the closing of the poll
centre party
More than anything I think it would irritate people having another PM. There doesn't seem much point in it - those that want to vote have been/will be prompted by the first, those that don't want to vote will just ignore whatever is sent, and if people aren't online during the vote then it doesn't matter whether you send them 1 or 1000 messages - they ain't gonna vote.
Besides, we haven't exactly done badly getting to nearly 1000 votes with 3 days remaining.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 414
Original post by Student2806

More than anything I think it would irritate people having another PM. There doesn't seem much point in it - those that want to vote have been/will be prompted by the first, those that don't want to vote will just ignore whatever is sent, and if people aren't online during the vote then it doesn't matter whether you send them 1 or 1000 messages - they ain't gonna vote.
Besides, we haven't exactly done badly getting to nearly 1000 votes with 3 days remaining.

Yeah, I agree with this.

I agree.
So tell me who wants my vote? No one? Oh well...
Original post by blueray
So tell me who wants my vote? No one? Oh well...

The Lib Dems do, of course! :smile:
Original post by Wilzman

Original post by Wilzman
The Lib Dems do, of course! :smile:

Whats the difference between the "real" lib dems and the "tsr" lib dems? :tongue:
Original post by blueray
Whats the difference between the "real" lib dems and the "tsr" lib dems? :tongue:

We disagree with the rise in tuition fees, and are more social liberal then the IRL Lib Dems are (i.e. more on the centre-left of the political spectrum, rather than the centre).

Latest

Trending

Trending