The Student Room Group

Would you add a staff member on facebook?

I am really upset because I added someone who I work with (can't give any more info) on Facebook. He was so kind to me throughout the time I worked with him and is of the same nationality as me so I added him cause I thought it would be nice to keep in contact. He accepted me then deleted me. I feel realy humiliated and embarrassed I added him now. What did I do wrong?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You speak as if you no longer work there, therefore why do you care? Possibly he just doesn't like colleagues or former colleagues being aware of his personal life. People who I chat to at work are potentially not people I want knowing that I'm out drinking at 4am on a saturday, if you know what I mean.
Reply 2
Maybe , he saw you were in a relationship?
Reply 3
Original post by DiZZeeKiD
You speak as if you no longer work there, therefore why do you care? Possibly he just doesn't like colleagues or former colleagues being aware of his personal life. People who I chat to at work are potentially not people I want knowing that I'm out drinking at 4am on a saturday, if you know what I mean.

I care because he was a great mentor and really made me feel comfortable during my time there. He was very supportive. And there was nothing on his facebook that was private, it was very neutral. And as for me, I wasn't bothered that he could see my facebook as I don't have anything incriminating on there. I had hoped to keep in contact with him should I ever need anything in the future.
:rofl2:

you move on :pierre:
Reply 5
Original post by rbnphlp
Maybe , he saw you were in a relationship?

What's that got to do with anything? I wasn't adding him for that reason, I just really appreciated the support he gave me during my time working there and didn't want to lose contact with him.
Reply 6
Nope!
Reply 7
Maybe he has just deleted his facebook all together... instead of just deleting you?
Reply 8
Original post by snufkin_
Maybe he has just deleted his facebook all together... instead of just deleting you?

No because I can see that he has deleted me and it gives me the option of adding him again. I'm just not going to bother adding anyone ever again on this crappy site. Feel so annoyed.
Why do people take invisible online electronic attachments so seriously? There could be a number of reasons why he deleted you, but it's just facebook.
Reply 10
Not give a ****??
Reply 11
I've got people I work with on facebook, depends whether u think they are mates or not. I've never been in a competition to add loads and loads of people. If I'd go out for the night with someone, then I'd add them to fb
Reply 12
Original post by jumpingjesusholycow
Why do people take invisible online electronic attachments so seriously? There could be a number of reasons why he deleted you, but it's just facebook.

It's because it it quite a slap in the face when someone who you think is a friend rejects you, I will never quite understand why people do this.
Reply 13
I was recently deleted as a friend on facebook by a guy I was close to in high school because I pointed out to everyone that paying soldiers more than footballers would cripple the country's finances.

He's in the army apparently.

Still though, if he thought that the government should pay each soldier millions in wages then...

:holmes:

On topic - If I can get over that ^ you can get over this :wink:
from my past jobs iv had loads of people i worked with on facebook. some i still have and still talk to sometimes!
depends if you were more mates than collegues.
when i left i deleted some people as they wernt "mates" they just added me cos i worked with them, so when i left i didnt see the point as i wouldnt speak to them...
Reply 15
Put it this way, he is a doctor and I am a student. I was really inspired by him and how he was with his patients. And wanted to keep in contact. He is of the same nationality and was very happy to meet someone from the same country so I thought he'd be happier to accept me on fbook. I wouldn't normally add people from hosp.
Reply 16
Original post by Kaykiie
I was recently deleted as a friend on facebook by a guy I was close to in high school because I pointed out to everyone that paying soldiers more than footballers would cripple the country's finances.

Still though, if he thought that the government should pay each soldier millions in wages then...

How childish of him. You're entitled to an opinion!
Original post by Kaykiie

That did make me lol when Rio Ferdinand was quoted to have said troops should be paid footballers wages. Yes, Rio but I can't help thinking that paying 100,000 something troops on £100,000 a week is not economically viable. Now go back to being a footballer :holmes:
Well, you did better than me! I added someone I work with on Facebook and she never even accepted me in the first place :frown:
Original post by jumpingjesusholycow

It's just facebook, the lowest level of 'friendship'. Many people have people on facebook who they maybe met once in their life. So if someone who you cared about deletes you off there it's a slap in the face. Wouldn't you be concerned if someone you thought was a close friend deleted you? :confused:

I know there are many reasons why the person deleted them, but I find it unfair to dismiss the OP's feeling because its 'just facebook'

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending