The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial Offers 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by flisshg
Oh right, that's, umm, different! I think I’ve seen your profile somewhere else, are you on the yougo further site by any chance?

I did go to the open day, pretty amazing to be honest. There was a taster lecture session and the guy who took it was the best lecturer I have ever seen. There was a tour of the campus as well and our guide took us to one of the bio labs; all new with plasma screens and projectors!

Yeah, I'm on yougo under Imperial. Good eye!

That does sound amazing! I'm pretty sure I'm going to firm Imperial, even though I will feel horrible rejecting so many universities for a conditional offer... What are you putting as insurance? I'm thinking Edinburgh.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 861
Original post by Hannah Park

That does sound amazing! I'm pretty sure I'm going to firm Imperial, even though I will feel horrible rejecting so many universities for a conditional offer... What are you putting as insurance? I'm thinking Edinburgh.

Tell me about it, I hate "mini" guilt trips like those. :tongue: But it's why unis make more offers than there are places. They know/expect that some people will reject their offers or miss them, so don't feel bad about declining. :wink:

Oh, and you guys should also pop by the official applicants thread too! There are a fair few of us who chat about stuff beyond college apps - from Top 40 parodies to "guess what this TSR member looks like" to music (ha!)...and we don't bite, whether you're new to the chats or not.
Reply 862
I was just wondering what other IB students offers have been like, Mine was 40 points with 7 in maths and 6 in physics, both HL for EEE. how about everyone else?
Reply 863
Original post by 1sippah
I was just wondering what other IB students offers have been like, Mine was 40 points with 7 in maths and 6 in physics, both HL for EEE. how about everyone else?

Hi, mine was 38 with 7s in Maths and Physics for aero eng
Original post by 1sippah

38 with 6,6 in HL Bio and Chem for med... A friend of mine got 39 with 7 in HL Maths for Maths :biggrin:
Reply 865
Is there anyone STILL waiting for the results....?
I do hold an offer for aero eng, but I'm still waiting for biomedical eng... Would I've been rejected..?
Original post by arianex
Tell me about it, I hate "mini" guilt trips like those. :tongue: But it's why unis make more offers than there are places. They know/expect that some people will reject their offers or miss them, so don't feel bad about declining. :wink:

Oh, and you guys should also pop by the official applicants thread too! There are a fair few of us who chat about stuff beyond college apps - from Top 40 parodies to "guess what this TSR member looks like" to music (ha!)...and we don't bite, whether you're new to the chats or not.

I'm actually feeling guilty mostly because I'm from a really small school and I might mess up the chances of the kids after me if I reject *insert name of a famous uni* after they accepted me (unconditionally, because it's American) despite my scores being quite lower than their usual acceptance average...sighs... I guess I'll right them a really nice rejection letter? xD

OK, I'm on it~~...and found out about a dead body in Hyde Park O_o....yikes. I should firm Imperial ASAP before my mom finds out, but then she'll get suspicious....
Original post by 1sippah

39 with 666 at HL (Maths, Physics and Philosophy) for Physics!

I'm sooo glad that they're not asking for any 7s, esp in Maths...I can't even work me GDC properly. :emo:
Reply 868
chemistry w/ german for science.
AAA.
buzzing, anyone?
Reply 869
Original post by Hannah Park

I am having such a freak out over my firm etc. Imperial took so long to reply I was pretty sure I was getting a rejection so had half decided on Durham and York. Now that’s been completely thrown off and I've discovered York do a year in America thingy so now I'm leaning that way too. Argh, why is this all so stressful? And don't even get me started on student finace:angry:
Original post by flisshg
I am having such a freak out over my firm etc. Imperial took so long to reply I was pretty sure I was getting a rejection so had half decided on Durham and York. Now that’s been completely thrown off and I've discovered York do a year in America thingy so now I'm leaning that way too. Argh, why is this all so stressful? And don't even get me started on student finace:angry:

Lol~~ same here...I was leaning toward Cornell for a while because I never thought I would get in in the first place and never thought that there would be a scenario where I would get into both Cornell and Imperial... The counselor at my school made us do charts of all the unis we got into and I realized that transportation to Ithaca, NY is a hassle AND I have to go there for 4 years which is a LOT of money. Imperial therefore is quite cheap in comparison :wink:

A year in America sounds fun~ what unis are you thinking of? I can't believe the year abroad in Europe programs at Imperial requires you to have taken appropriate language courses in high school :frown: I gave up Spanish 2 years ago because I couldn't roll the "rrrrr"s and found that depressing. Well, that's my official excuse~ It was also because I hated all those verb thingies.

Edit: Just found out the year abroad in Europe includes Sweden, and I don't need to have learned Swedish beforehand :smile:))) It's a sign that I should go firm Imp ASAP because I really want to check out Sweden for possible graduate studies~~ I'm going to switch to Bio+Year in Europe the first sec I step on campus xD
(edited 13 years ago)
I am still waiting for an offer!
Original post by HugoDuchovny
Unconditional

Petroleum Geoscience and Engineering :smile:

Will you be firming?
There's a firmers' thread in my sig you can join :smile:
Reply 873
Original post by bluesky42
39 with 666 at HL (Maths, Physics and Philosophy) for Physics!

I'm sooo glad that they're not asking for any 7s, esp in Maths...I can't even work me GDC properly. :emo:

Man I am jealous. My offer is 40 IB points with 766 at HL (math, physics and chem). I don't know if I can do it. :frown:
I've firmed ages ago :smile:

Loverly. Listing you on the list, post to sub :biggrin:
im kinda new and unexperienced here
so i have no idea what you mean lol sorry
what list and post to what?

but it sounds inviting and good so thank you lol

Hahaha, don't worry, it's fine, right, you see the big letters in below my post saying "Imperial College Firmers' Thread"? That area is called a sig. So you click the link, and then your just post something on that thread, can be anything like 'Hi I'm doing petroleum geoscience blah blah'. And you'll automatically be watching the thread so if there are any updates on that thread, you'll know. There's a list on the first post there, your name is on it, so if anyone doing your course wants details/get to know you, they can contact you directly :smile:
Helped? Sorry for my blatant disregard, I must've sounded like a weirdo haha :tongue:
Reply 876
Original post by nikita_atikin

Helped? Sorry for my blatant disregard, I must've sounded like a weirdo haha :tongue:

You are anyway.
Reply 877
Original post by Zottula
You are anyway.

*snickersnicker*

Been poring over more pages and shots of Impy accomodation. Looks like a single room is out of the question, 'specially at Eastside and Southside...but meh, not bothered. Also, the idea of a triple at Garden isn't bad either (my ideal would be Selkirk due to the fact IT'S GOT THE FRICKIN BABY GRAND PIANO :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:)

(You can tell that I should lay off the fruit smoothies. :tongue:)
Reply 878
Original post by arianex
*snickersnicker*

Been poring over more pages and shots of Impy accomodation. Looks like a single room is out of the question, 'specially at Eastside and Southside...but meh, not bothered. Also, the idea of a triple at Garden isn't bad either (my ideal would be Selkirk due to the fact IT'S GOT THE FRICKIN BABY GRAND PIANO :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:)

(You can tell that I should lay off the fruit smoothies. :tongue:)

Yeah, I am cheeky.

I've had a few looks at the accommodation. I definitely do not want single accommodation anyway. I can't afford it at all, and at my last uni I always had sleep overs in my housemate's room anyway. It's a good way to get to know someone new quickly. I'm defo gonna apply for a triple. By the sounds of things not many people are keen on the idea, so hopefully will get it. I can't afford much else as I'm a bit strapped for cash due to dropping out of uni, job issues etc.

(Mmmmm fruit smoothies.)
Original post by dsds1000
Man I am jealous. My offer is 40 IB points with 766 at HL (math, physics and chem). I don't know if I can do it. :frown:

Is that Physics as well? Yeah all the other Physics offers I know about are 40, I think I got lucky. But we still have a couple of weeks - don't lose hope!!!

Although I do sympathise with your Maths HL pain :hugs: I'm dying under series and differential equations revision :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending